PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the Calguns Foundation Wiki (Beta)

hoffmang
07-19-2008, 8:32 PM
All,

I want to introduce the Calguns Foundation Wiki:
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Main_Page

This is a bit of a beta and a work in progress. For now anyone can sign up for an account and edit. We've started a skeleton layout and are starting to fill it out. The goal of this wiki is to serve as a clearing house for the best information relating to legally owning a gun in California. Please don't be shy improving layout, adding content, correcting items and generally editing. We only ask that you have citations. We also want this to be able to answer FAQ's that come up here on Calguns.net all the time.

We're leaving registration for the wiki open for now. We may move to slightly more restricted access depending on our ease of administration. Also note that image uploads are not yet enabled. Will be addressing images shortly. You'll see that I've just left image links in places where I later want to add images.

The only thing you can not do is post electioneering or information about pending legislation.

Drop by and add some content!

-Gene

Diablo
07-19-2008, 8:45 PM
Congratulations on another great job. Kudos to you. The page looks great. This will definitely get some great reviews and lots of visits...:cheers2:

hoffmang
07-19-2008, 8:50 PM
Just to be clear - this is the work of quite a few folks. Hat tip to Ben Cannon and Brian S. Also, I've already started cribbing from Mudcamper and Librarian. The latter has started posting and editing already.

-Gene

C.G.
07-19-2008, 8:56 PM
Very useful! Good job to everyone involved.:)

Saigon1965
07-19-2008, 9:03 PM
Awesome work everyone.

jacques
07-19-2008, 9:32 PM
This is great. Awesome. I am still cruising around in there. Wish this was here when I first came on.

hoffmang
07-19-2008, 9:33 PM
Man Librarian is kicking ***! Look at his "Safe Handgun" article: http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/The_Safe_Handgun_List

-Gene

jacques
07-19-2008, 9:37 PM
I was just going to edit my response because I just read through that part. I love it. Especially 'safety' at the end.

tombinghamthegreat
07-20-2008, 2:58 AM
I like it and it will be useful to new members

jmlivingston
07-20-2008, 8:26 AM
Check with EODGUY and see if he'll do your C&R section. He's already got somethings written up which he just cuts-n-pastes when certain questions get asked in the C&R sub-forum.

John