PDA

View Full Version : Paging all you H&K guys, I need advice????

Infidel
07-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Last night S2000 and I went to the range and shot his CA-94 MP5 clone. Basically...I NEED ONE!!! My questions are this, for the $1500 and under price tag can I get anything better, and more readily available than the Coharie product? Also, how much would it cost to build my own. I understand that this is not like building an OLL, and would be the harder more costly route, but it seems like all I can find when searching is parts for these things so I was just wondering what the best way to go about acquiring a quality MP5 or MP5 clone would be.

Basically:

Someone please enlighten me on the ins and outs of the MP5/Clone world.

mehfisto
07-19-2008, 12:05 PM
The guys who can help you reside at www.hkpro.com.

Solidsnake87
07-19-2008, 1:01 PM
Keep in mind that a lot of the guys using the clones swap out parts for genuine HK parts to ensure reliability. Have you ever considered the HK USC? You could turn a USC into a UMP for the price of a MP5 Clone with HK parts. You could also see if professional arms has released their MK5 yet. Its supposedly the first MP5 clone (with lots of cool features the standard 9mm mp5 does not have) that is just as accuracte and reliable as its name brand cousins. They are expensive though. I plan to get one of those in the future.

Infidel
07-19-2008, 2:42 PM
I checked HKPRO before posting. They seem to prefer the Coharie and the Vectors. I just wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion on the subject.

Thanks for the info SolidSnake I checked into the MK5 it looks like they were slated to be done with testing June this year and Professional Arms says they should be out shortly for a very affordable $2200 (ouch) (sounds like the quality and the add ons might be worth it though). I will try to find out a little more but the coharie with HK parts makes sense too.