PDA

View Full Version : Going to Utah with a shotty and pistol

jackslap
07-18-2008, 4:48 PM
I'm not a noob to firearms, but I'm not an expert in law. I was wondering if any of you folks could shed some light on anything I might need to know when crossing into the Arizona, Nevada, and then Utah borders.

I will of course not be loaded, nor will the firearms be in the cab of my car.
Anything else that I'm missing or am I good to go?

-hanko
07-18-2008, 5:27 PM
I'm not a noob to firearms, but I'm not an expert in law. I was wondering if any of you folks could shed some light on anything I might need to know when crossing into the Arizona, Nevada, and then Utah borders.

Drive safely and have a nice trip:D

Be aware that calling you shotgun a "shotty" in AZ, NV, or UT (not to mention ID, but that's not on the itinerary) may expose you the possibility of an *** wuppin';)

-hanko

jackslap
07-18-2008, 5:31 PM
Lol, I caught flak for the "shotty" remark on another forum as well. What gives? I thought it was just a common nickname for a scattergun (see what I did there, I used another nickname instead of the real one).

Fjold
07-18-2008, 6:01 PM
AZ, NV and Utah are a lot looser than CA for gunlaws but federal law says that if you have unloaded guns in your trunk, you're fine. (With the exceptions of Nat. Parks where guns have to be disassembled, military bases, etc.)

"Shotty" is usually associated with the slang of the thug culture.

Pvt. Cowboy
07-18-2008, 6:23 PM

In Nevada, anyone may transport a handgun in the passenger compartment of a vehicle. Nevada does not distinguish between 'loaded' and 'unloaded' in the case of handguns. You may transport it openly or inside the glove compartment/center console/under the seat. If you have it concealed with any part of your body or clothing without a NV-legal CCW, that's a misdemeanor. If you have it inside a backpack or other sort of carryable container not permanently affixed to the vehicle which is not immediately identifiable as a firearm case, that's a misdemeanor.

For long arms, no rifle or shotgun may be transported in NV with a round in the chamber. Full magazine in the magazine well is fine. Round in the chamber on a rifle or shotgun inside the vehicle is a gross misdemeanor.

ohsmily
07-18-2008, 9:28 PM
Yo G, what kind of shotty be you bringin'? What about the gat/strap/heat? What type? A fotay? A 9 milli?

Keep bringin the heat yo!!!

WokMaster1
07-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Yo G, what kind of shotty be you bringin'? What about the gat/strap/heat? What type? A fotay? A 9 milli?

Keep bringin the heat yo!!!

Hmmmmmm! Is that really you, Ohsmily?:D

Soldier415
07-19-2008, 4:20 AM
I'm not a noob to firearms,

Going to Utah with a shotty

Could have fooled me...:rolleyes:

Be sure you bring da fo' nickle and the deuce deuce with you as well...

jackslap
07-24-2008, 5:31 AM
HA, I had no idea thats what it was about. I shall now avoid the term at all costs. I do not wish to be "thuggish".

tankerman
07-24-2008, 6:28 AM
I'm pretty sure they speak english in Utah, don't know if they will understand or appreciate your "shotty" (I know I don't). But if you bring your shotgun, speak like an adult and use manners you won't have any problems. Heck, you might even find out that Utah is 2nd ammed friendly and loaded with gunowners.

If you choose to speak like a gangster, instead of being "Jackslap" you might get "be-atch-slapped" by the local authorities.

sorensen440
07-24-2008, 6:36 AM
He said shotty :rofl:

jackslap
07-24-2008, 8:47 PM
lol, I like how I posted my admission of a mistake (didn't understand the slang), and then this dude actually acts personally insulted about the very mistake I just admitted to. It was an absolutley innocent mistake, and started off as an innocent question posed to a seemingly brotherly/sisterly community, but now we have to get personal?

Gotta love the internet, you can always count on some "board bully" showing up in every thread.