PDA

View Full Version : Gun Clubs on Federal Property and Heller

Californio
07-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Gun Clubs in California that lease their facility from the National Forest Service have had a very very hard time getting their leases renewed as of late. Given the Heller Decision is Federal, do you think that would aid Gun Clubs on Federal Land? Keeping arms in the home for self defense is pretty much worthless if there is no facility available to practice and maintain the skill level needed for self protection. There is no need for Incorporation on this issue, correct?

Can Heller rights be stretched to then require Federal Land be made available so citizens can maintain their shooting skills?

bwiese
07-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Nice thought, but Fed lands can generally be used as the landowner (Fed agencies) please.

If they want that land to lay fallow with no human transit, they can do that.

If they want to open a study area for orca whales in the middle of Yellowstone Park, they can do that too.

Since they're the landowner they can act generaelly how they want, as long as they don't violate existing regulations about notice & hearings, etc.

jacques
07-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Winchester Canyon just renewed their lease. It was a hasle, as could be expected, but it is pretty much business as usual, except there is no shooting allowed on Equinox and solstice. Th e Chumash were involved, but I don't think there was anybody hard up about denying them their lease.

I don't think the Feds are going to create as much a problem as the environmentalists extreme factions.

Subvertz
07-18-2008, 2:45 PM
If they want to open a study area for orca whales in the middle of Yellowstone Park, they can do that too.

Hopefully the Orcas of Yellowstone aren't as much trouble as the bears.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,385645,00.html
Yellowstone is closed sfter bear bites camper.

GuyW
07-18-2008, 2:48 PM
Hopefully the Orcas of Yellowstone aren't as much trouble as the bears.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,385645,00.html
Yellowstone is closed sfter bear bites camper.

Exhibit #1 in why guns are necessary in National Parks..

Subvertz
07-18-2008, 2:54 PM
I have the right to keep and bear arms against bears, and bad guys too.

Glock22Fan
07-18-2008, 3:11 PM
I have the right to keep and bear arms against bears, and bad guys too.

At least you didn't say "keep and arm bears."

Seriously, the thought of visitors using guns against bears attacking campers is probably one reason why they ban guns.