PDA

View Full Version : 12 rd mags for uniformed on duty gaurd?

Jamez
07-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Can you use them or is it ONLY LEO and not armed gaurds. I can't seem to find anything on BSIS' website. What about hollow points? Where can I find this? Thanks.

Bizcuits
07-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Hollow Points would be fine (and preferred, because a ball round is likely to go through a few things) and as long as you aquired the mags prior to the ban, meaning they are pre-ban mags, then you be fine as well.

Librarian
07-18-2008, 2:04 AM
Can you use them or is it ONLY LEO and not armed gaurds. I can't seem to find anything on BSIS' website. What about hollow points? Where can I find this? Thanks.
There's even an exception in the large-capacity magazine law for armored-car agencies to buy them and issue them to their employees. Whether you could use your own magazines would be up to the employer and the contract they have with the client; so too with hollowpoints.
PC 12020 (b)
(b) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following: ...
(27) The sale of, giving of, lending of, importation into this
state of, or purchase of, any large-capacity magazine, to or by
entities that operate armored vehicle businesses pursuant to the laws
of this state.
(28) The lending of large-capacity magazines by the entities
specified in paragraph (27) to their authorized employees, while in
the course and scope of their employment for purposes that pertain to
the entity's armored vehicle business.
(29) The return of those large-capacity magazines to those
entities specified in paragraph (27) by those employees specified in
paragraph (28).

Moonclip
07-19-2008, 12:41 AM
I've heard of the armored car exemption also. Do they have to turn in the mags at the end of the shift or if they quit?

randy
07-19-2008, 1:12 AM
I don't know about day to day but they don't get to keep them if they leave.

I don't know if I'd want hollow points as a Armored Guard. You might have a good chance of hitting armor and shooting through cars.

E Pluribus Unum
07-19-2008, 3:43 AM
as long as you aquired the mags prior to the ban, meaning they are pre-ban mags, then you be fine as well.

Nothing says they have to be pre-ban mags. It is perfectly legal to replace failed parts on those mags. It has been 8 years since the ban, conceivably all original parts could have failed one-by-one and been replaced with new ones by now.

Quiet
07-19-2008, 9:16 AM
I've heard of the armored car exemption also. Do they have to turn in the mags at the end of the shift or if they quit?
The company owns them not the guard, guard turns them in when the guard quits.

bwiese
07-19-2008, 9:51 AM

No.

:)

gunsmith
07-19-2008, 4:54 PM
we routinely travelled into Tahoe and everyone one had mags with over 10 rounds.
when I worked in SF as an armed guard a few years ago I had regular capactity
(15) for my G22 and they never asked, I don't think its a big deal.

.I don't know if I'd want hollow points as a Armored Guard. You might have a good chance of hitting armor and shooting through cars..

I'm not sure what you mean, I've allways thought JHP were the best to use as an armed guard- wouldn't JHP be less likely to go through a car door?
What do you mean by armor? do you mean a ballistic vest?

CSDGuy
07-19-2008, 8:42 PM
There may have been some terminology confusion:
JHP = Jacketed Hollow Point (legal to own)
AP = Armor Piercing (Generally NOT legal to own privately)