PDA

View Full Version : Whos Making FAL's?

5thstreet@sbcglobal.net
07-18-2008, 1:33 AM
So who is making FAL's these days. Toying with the idea of getting /building one. Also do they sell just the stripped receivers?

bigthaiboy
07-18-2008, 2:24 AM
The main players seem to be DSA, Century Arms and Enterprise Arms. Yes, they sell FAL receivers. Best avoid the Century FALs.

BHPFan
07-18-2008, 7:34 AM
So who is making FAL's these days. Toying with the idea of getting /building one. Also do they sell just the stripped receivers?

Yo dude,

Talk to or contact Matt or Kevin (aka Duenor) at this site:
http://www.entreprise.com

They can build you one, sell whole rifles and stripped receivers.

They are a Cali outfit (L.A. area) plus they are Calgunners.

I own one of their rifles and it has been reliable.

BigMac
07-18-2008, 7:39 AM
or you could buy yourself a stripped receiver and spend some time over at falfiles.com and build it yourself :cool:

The FAL is a VERY rewarding project. I have two I've been building for years now. I Have an inch gun in the refinish stage and a Para in the test phase.

5thstreet@sbcglobal.net
07-18-2008, 9:48 PM
Is there a certain receiver i should go with type 2? type 3? Never had/built an FAL before

C.G.
07-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Is there a certain receiver i should go with type 2? type 3? Never had/built an FAL before

There is no difference in function, only in appearance. Pick the one you like.
STGs were built on type I and II, Imbels on type III. Type I is lighter than type II, type II is lighter than type III.

X-NewYawker
07-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Fort Courage Armory in Simi Valley has a wood stocked FAL from DS Arms in the shop right now for a great price (new, unfired) -- unlike the Entreprise, the DS-Arms has a stripper clip guide in the dust cover like the FAL had when it was originally designed.

-hanko
07-19-2008, 1:31 PM
Fort Courage Armory in Simi Valley has a wood stocked FAL from DS Arms in the shop right now for a great price (new, unfired) -- unlike the Entreprise, the DS-Arms has a stripper clip guide in the dust cover like the FAL had when it was originally designed.
...but you can get the DSA stripper clip top cover and install it on any upper receiver. It works well. As you pointed out, it won't bastardize the gun as it was OEM. If you want optics, you're looking at a very short scope;)

-hanko