PDA

View Full Version : CMMG upper differences?

ThatFishGuy
07-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Hey everyone,
I was hoping my first post would be pics of my finished AR.....but alas.

I am trying to decide on an upper assembly and I was looking at both 20" cmmg uppers. one is the standard 20" gov't profile and the other is the M10 medcon upper. I was wondering what, if any, are the differences in performance between the two?

while im posting I might as well ask my second thought: which would be a better option (bang for the buck) one of the above cmmg uppers or the stag 4H? all are 20" chrome lined barrels. i just know the stag comes with a detachable carry handle for only about 10 bucks more. thanks in advance for all your help, this might be my first post but i've been absorbing all your information for a few months now.

-Sam

jandmtv
07-17-2008, 11:56 PM
The govt profile barrel is smaller under than handguards, the MedCon (medium contour) is a heavier barrel. That being said, its up to you to choose between the 2. If you want to keep the weight down, then get the Govt profile, but the barrel will heat up faster than the MedCon.

as for the CMMG vs. Stag, lol just stick to CMMG. There is no comparison between the two.

Edit: I Myself own 2 CMMG uppers, one is a 20" MedCon, and the other one is a 16" Mid-Length MedCon. What can I say, Im a fan of CMMG and the MedCon.

Wil-c
07-18-2008, 4:34 AM
The govt profile barrel is smaller under than handguards, the MedCon (medium contour) is a heavier barrel. That being said, its up to you to choose between the 2. If you want to keep the weight down, then get the Govt profile, but the barrel will heat up faster than the MedCon.

as for the CMMG vs. Stag, lol just stick to CMMG. There is no comparison between the two.

Edit: I Myself own 2 CMMG uppers, one is a 20" MedCon, and the other one is a 16" Mid-Length MedCon. What can I say, Im a fan of CMMG and the MedCon.

How much heavier is the medcon profile vrs the govt profile? Can you tell or how much of a difference have you noticed between the two?
I'd been wondering about which one to get in a 20" I'd thought about the govt profile as I like the light weight of the AR.