PDA

View Full Version : Noveske

One Shot, One Dropped
07-17-2008, 9:09 PM
Does anybody have any idea when anyone will have Noveske N4 lower receivers in stock? If you do, tell me who, please! And, if you have some, PM me because I want to buy a few...NOW!

One Shot, One Dropped
07-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Seriously, nobody? Why don't they increase their production capabilities? They sell out for such long periods.

5thstreet@sbcglobal.net
07-17-2008, 11:34 PM
I got mine from Technique here on calguns for a reasonable price (about $160 i think) about a month back. PM him to see if hes got any left

harlot
07-18-2008, 1:34 AM
They always seem to run out every few months for a few months. Although now they are out of VIS uppers too. i'm gonna be waiting awhile to finish my next build :pinch:

Casual Observer
07-18-2008, 9:33 AM
Seriously, nobody? Why don't they increase their production capabilities? They sell out for such long periods.

They have their lowers made in batches every 3-4 months. They take what they need for their complete rifles and sell the rest.

Ironchef
07-18-2008, 9:34 AM
You try lanworld yet?

One Shot, One Dropped
07-18-2008, 10:25 AM
I just called them and they set a couple aside for me (because their system is jacked up right now)

paladin4415
07-18-2008, 10:29 AM

John does not cut his own lowers. They are made for him by other companies. I think he is using LAR now. He has to wait his turn in their production schedule. They have many companies to cut receivers for.
His is also a small business. He can't afford to lay out the cash for thousands and thousands of lowers at a time, and then have them sit on the shelf until they sell. The last time I talked to them, they said that they are getting them as fast as they can have them made.

One Shot, One Dropped
07-18-2008, 10:45 AM
What really makes Noveske lowers supposedly better?

Olav
07-18-2008, 10:50 AM
What really makes Noveske lowers supposedly better?

The name.

One Shot, One Dropped
07-18-2008, 10:51 AM
So, it's just a name Olav?

Casual Observer
07-18-2008, 11:00 AM
So, it's just a name Olav?

Yes. It's just the name.

In the AR-15 weapons system, the stripped lower receiver is the least crucial part when it comes to performance. It's the stuff that goes in it (trigger) and on it (barrel) that have the most to do with performance.

nearsightednate
07-18-2008, 3:53 PM
Hi.

It took me 2 months to get my 2 Noveske lowers. All I can say is that I feel they were worth the wait. The fit and finish are very nice.

Good luck!
Nate

One Shot, One Dropped
07-18-2008, 4:10 PM
Yeah, I guess I'll just have to wait now. Even lanworld sold out today!

Guntech
07-18-2008, 4:12 PM
First off they will not directly sell to California so you have to get it from someone who is an out of state dealer or has out of state connections, second you shouldn't buy from them since they show no interest in California.

technique
07-18-2008, 4:23 PM
guntech, what kind of lower do you have?

scfast
07-18-2008, 4:56 PM
First off they will not directly sell to California so you have to get it from someone who is an out of state dealer or has out of state connections, second you shouldn't buy from them since they show no interest in California.Damn straight...and there is nothing special besides a logo...Now pof, larue and a few other's are a cut (i guess i should say a mill) above the rest and offer more than a standard lower which is what a noveske is with a cool iron cross...their uppers are special though

ProlificARProspect
07-18-2008, 7:00 PM
Damn straight...and there is nothing special besides a logo...Now pof, larue and a few other's are a cut (i guess i should say a mill) above the rest and offer more than a standard lower which is what a noveske is with a cool iron cross...their uppers are special though

3rd that, Noveske are alright, Go with POF or Spikes. Spikes is one of the most underrated lowers out there. I have all three including LMT, CMMG and you can even tell the difference in Quality only with PRICE.

Guntech
07-18-2008, 7:02 PM
guntech, what kind of lower do you have?
I have several lowers: Stag, CMMG, LMT, and I just purchased an RRA.

technique
07-18-2008, 7:07 PM
I have several lowers: Stag, CMMG, LMT, and I just purchased an RRA.

Stag and RRA will not ship directly to CA either. I'm not so sure on the others. If you really want to support the CA market buy an Aircraft Armaments lower.

Guntech
07-18-2008, 7:16 PM
I have a Stag because it was the first OLL I got, and at the time I couldn't get another, also they have never showed their lack of knowledge of the law. And the RRA.. well its an RRA. I'm not against Noveske or anything, the more AR makers the better, I just don't like the fact that they are not familiar with the law, but if they don't want more business thats their choice.

One Shot, One Dropped
07-18-2008, 7:19 PM
If Noveskes aren't special, why do you buy them technique?

technique
07-18-2008, 7:25 PM
Just thought I would ask, I think I have seen you post more than once about Noveske and the Ca market. When I order lowers and get turned down because I don't have an AW permit its frustrating, but when a customer wants a certain lower I do my best to get them what they want. And that said I will have 7 Noveske lowers middle of next week.

And I also believe in supporting the Ca market...... so I'm giving M24armorer a plug here!!!!!
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/technique408/IMG_0045.jpg

Support Ca and buy one!!!!

One Shot, One Dropped
07-18-2008, 7:27 PM
I never posted about Noveskes and the CA market (unless you are talking about this post about how hard they were to find).

How much are the Aircraft Armaments lowers?

technique
07-18-2008, 7:29 PM
If Noveskes aren't special, why do you buy them technique?

Customers like them and I buy whats in stock. Other then Noveske I buy Aircraft Armaments lowers.:cool2: A lower is just a lower, unless its from John, he'll put whatever you want on it!!!

technique
07-18-2008, 7:44 PM
I never posted about Noveskes and the CA market (unless you are talking about this post about how hard they were to find).

Talking to guntech

Guntech
07-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Just thought I would ask, I think I have seen you post more than once about Noveske and the Ca market. When I order lowers and get turned down because I don't have an AW permit its frustrating, but when a customer wants a certain lower I do my best to get them what they want. And that said I will have 7 Noveske lowers middle of next week.

And I also believe in supporting the Ca market...... so I'm giving M24armorer a plug here!!!!!
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/technique408/IMG_0045.jpg

Support Ca and buy one!!!!

Yeah, well like I said I'm not against them, I just wouldn't be interested in one of their lowers at this time, because they probably will familiarize themselves with the law and ship here eventually when they are comfortable. Then
I'll buy one, but I appreciate the fact that you guys at SJ Gun Exchange help out and know the law and try to get the AR products we want. So I'll have to come down there when I buy my next gun and support you guys :D. Even though its a long drive.

aplinker
07-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Noveske doesn't make lowers. I don't think they make anything. They order stuff to their specs from various vendors and assemble them. They contract with barrel blank makers (Pac-Nor), forgers & cutters (CMT), etc.

LaRue doesn't make (or sell) lowers, either. Just uppers.

POF are just "fancy" cut, but I don't think they're worth the extra $ (and yes, I own them).

The old statement is true with lowers - pick a finish and logo you like for a mil-spec lower. Period

Casual Observer
07-19-2008, 5:26 PM
The old statement is true with lowers - pick a finish and logo you like for a mil-spec lower. Period

And on that note, it should be noted that both the newer CMMG and Noveske lowers I've seen are not actually milspec.

technique
07-19-2008, 5:45 PM
And on that note, it should be noted that both the newer CMMG and Noveske lowers I've seen are not actually milspec.

I second that!

Casual Observer
07-19-2008, 6:15 PM
I second that!

Which just reinforces the idea that you're just buying a name.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but personally, I'd rather spend less money and get a better (mil-spec) lower.

aplinker
07-19-2008, 6:20 PM
If I were buying a Noveske upper I'd go out of my way to buy a Noveske lower. The combination adds value and consistency, which I think is nice.

Other than that.........

aplinker
07-19-2008, 6:30 PM
Are the RRA lowers mil spec? I really like their logo.

RRA are GTG

6172crew
07-19-2008, 6:35 PM
I like the MEGA lowers because Im in the market for a RDIAS and they fit right in without rigging the lower to fit. I know this doesnt seem like much but it was one of the things I found while collecting lowers.

The RDIAS is around 13.5k but if I ever move back to CA I can use the 24-7 safe deposit box in Reno to store it.:) If I find a better deal on a RR M16 then I can always stash the lower in the same place but I keep the size of the class 3 items in mind when making a purchase and the MEGA can be rigged FA or Semi if you buy the RLL or RDIAS...the RLL is only 7k for a new one and they will also fit the Mega the rest have to be rigged to fit.

07-19-2008, 6:36 PM
Does anybody have any idea when anyone will have Noveske N4 lower receivers in stock? If you do, tell me who, please! And, if you have some, PM me because I want to buy a few...NOW!

PM sent.

paladin4415
07-19-2008, 8:27 PM

Technically, none of the lowers out there are "milspec" except Colt and FN. They are the only ones that have the TDP with the actual specs. All the others are reverse engineered. Some seem to do a better job at that then others.

Casual Observer
07-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Technically, none of the lowers out there are "milspec" except Colt and FN. They are the only ones that have the TDP with the actual specs. All the others are reverse engineered. Some seem to do a better job at that then others.

Technically, I guess you're correct. Though you can also add Armalite (original manufacturer) and Knights Armament (M110 SASS) to that list.

CMMG and Noveske, however, are out of spec by more than just an academic technicality. Their lowers are physically different than others.

ar15barrels
07-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Technically, I guess you're correct. Though you can also add Armalite (original manufacturer) and Knights Armament (M110 SASS) to that list.

The armalite of today is NOT the same armalite of the 50's and 60's.
The armalite of today is just eagle arms.
They wisely purchased the rights to use the NAME "Armalite".
They do not have any rights to the original stoner designs that were sold to Colt.

FlyingPen
07-20-2008, 12:00 AM
So I guess does Armalite of today, that is Eagle Arms still make great uppers?

ar15barrels
07-20-2008, 12:06 AM
does Armalite of today, that is Eagle Arms still make great uppers?

Yes.

technique
07-20-2008, 8:58 AM
Highstandard claims to be 100% mil spec, they will advise you to use only Highstandard parts in Highstandard lowers. I could not get any of there parts kits to work well in Noveskes or Spikes lowers, I called them up and they said "thats because those companies aren't mil spec dummy"

ar15barrels
07-20-2008, 9:09 AM
Highstandard claims to be 100% mil spec, they will advise you to use only Highstandard parts in Highstandard lowers. I could not get any of there parts kits to work well in Noveskes or Spikes lowers, I called them up and they said "thats because those companies aren't mil spec dummy"

Trigger and hammer width were the issue?

PIRATE14
07-20-2008, 9:14 AM
Well "MILSPEC" gets tossed around a lot.......

Only a COLT or FN select fire weapons are truely "MILSPEC"

NOW...all lowers are mostly "MILSPEC" except for certain fire control parts that will not fit into the "SEMI ONLY" lwrs......

They are all cut a little different on the inside to comply w/ ATF as to not accept certain parts....

I don't know of any lowers that aren't capable of talking all the "STD" semi only LPKs...except the COLT series which the trigger pins are not "MILSPEC" diameter....

Than you have the commercial rcvr ext tubes on a few brands....

technique
07-20-2008, 9:26 AM
Trigger and hammer width were the issue?

all that and more....bolt catch buffer, bolt catch roll pin, PG screw. mostly have customers beating the crap outta the trigger and hammer pins.