PDA

View Full Version : Firearm parts and accessories website for sale

LAK Supply
07-17-2008, 7:32 PM
I'm considering selling my website.... It requires time and effort to be marketed right and it's already taking time away from my family. Family comes first so I think this needs to go.

Nearly everything on this site is shipped directly from one of my vendors to the end user. This required a buy-in of $2500 to have access to the warehouse inventory. Between this and site development I have approximately $10,000 into it.

I would want to keep the domain name as it's linked to email addresses I've used for years. I would be more than happy to redirect traffic to your preferred address for a period of up to several months if you wish. It's done fair business, but I've never gotten the time to really market it as I should have. This website can be as lucrative as you want it to be.... if you do your part and market it as it should be you can make a good living off of shipping inventory that you don't have to warehouse. There are a couple places out there that are using this same warehouse and doing several million in business per year.

The buyer would be responsible for providing a business license and changing the contact information on the site. The buyer would also be responsible for taking over the server rental at $40 per month (virtual dedicated VMware), providing your own merchant account/processing service, and domain name (about $10 per year from places like GoDaddy). I have a system admin that works for a very reasonable wage, and I would be happy to set you up with him for any of the transfer or future development.... at the buyer's expense.

I am not factoring any repeat business or sales into the sale price since a redirect may hurt the traffic flow and you will have to do your own work getting the new domain name out there. I am basically selling the vendor buy-in and development.... it's a turn-key site with the exception of the transfer and no inventory is included.

Price is $5500.... a little more than half of what I have into it.

Edit: Due to some questions, I'll post a little more info. Everything about this site is fully integrated with the vendor. It's completely hands-off in daily activities with the exception of a few clicks processing orders. The thing you would need to do is market the site... it's completely turn-key. Inventory is automatically updated and all that's required is a reload at the end of each week to remove any discontinued items and bring in any new items.

I can take a credit card for the purchase of this site if you wish to use one, but there would be a 3% fee since that's what it would cost me to do that.

lance@laksupply.com

LAK Supply
07-18-2008, 5:36 PM
Edited for more information. If you want to contact me about this please call 307-299-9826. Evenings and weekends are ok.

gottarollwithit
07-18-2008, 6:00 PM
This is an interesting proposition...

As that you're indirectly selling products, are you able to buy stuff for yourself at cost?

LAK Supply
07-18-2008, 6:10 PM
This is an interesting proposition...

As that you're indirectly selling products, are you able to buy stuff for yourself at cost?

Yes. Everything I purchase is at wholesale prices. This site is not owned by anybody else.... I have simply paid for database and warehouse access to a wholesaler's info and products. I sell products, they ship and bill me for the amount of the product's wholesale cost and shipping.

Bigballaizm
07-19-2008, 1:48 PM
This is an very interesting offer.... However you business & honesty will be missed! Take care man!

LAK Supply
07-20-2008, 5:29 PM
This is an very interesting offer.... However you business & honesty will be missed! Take care man!

Thanks for the support Quan.... glad to be of service to you in the past!

lowriderryda
07-20-2008, 9:26 PM
hey im still interested in the site im going to go tomorrow to the state board of equalization to see how much everything going to cost and figure out a few other things but im still very interested in the site
thanks

LAK Supply
07-20-2008, 10:25 PM
hey im still interested in the site im going to go tomorrow to the state board of equalization to see how much everything going to cost and figure out a few other things but im still very interested in the site
thanks

Sure thing. You'll be looking at less than $100 for the licensing and resale certificate. To obtain a merchant account you'll need to get a fictitious name statement. That cost me around $80 to run the notification in the paper (one day per week for four weeks in Stanislaus County). That's all you'll need to get licensed to run a business and set up a merchant account to process payments.

LAK Supply
07-21-2008, 8:11 PM
Bump.... :(

bigmike82
07-21-2008, 9:35 PM
I'd love to help you run it, but I can't afford to shell out money for a e-business.

Good luck though. :)

mason1800
07-21-2008, 11:36 PM
thanks

There's really NO big fees. BOE fees are very cheap, along with city taxes and yes everything you buy will be at wholesale prices but your still responsible for all tangible assets at the end of the year.

Good luck on the sale, I wouldn't mind picking it up but there is no extra cash or time.

lowriderryda
07-22-2008, 12:43 AM
im just waiting for next couple days to have the cash, ive been looking at whats its going to cost its not going to be much, i just need to come up with a new business name

LAK Supply
07-22-2008, 11:00 AM
im just waiting for next couple days to have the cash, ive been looking at whats its going to cost its not going to be much, i just need to come up with a new business name

Sounds like you're figuring it out. If you need any help from me please let me know... I'd be happy to help you get things in line. Please do let me know if and when you know for sure that you want to do this so I can start things on my end. If you need to use a card to pay I can do that as well (3% to cover my fees).

LAK Supply
07-22-2008, 6:58 PM

I just shot you an email.... please check your inbox when you get a minute.

lowriderryda
07-22-2008, 8:30 PM
i want to do it all cash

LAK Supply
07-23-2008, 7:50 PM
i want to do it all cash

Site is SPF to lowriderryda. :)

Bigballaizm
08-01-2008, 9:01 AM
Site is SPF to lowriderryda. :)

Is this a done deal to Lowriderryda??