PDA

View Full Version : Magpul CTR on AR15

kds857
09-12-2015, 3:42 PM
Folks,

Just bought a BNIB Magpul CTR for my AR. Is this what all of yours looks like inside the stock? Specifically the rectangular hole above the friction lock mechanism -- the edges of the hole on mine are very jagged - almost looks like something snapped off - so just wanted to make sure a plastic piece that is supposed to be there is not missing from mine.

Thanks!

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac174/kds857/Mobile%20Uploads/20150912_153912_zpspaa6xfl6.jpg (http://s897.photobucket.com/user/kds857/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150912_153912_zpspaa6xfl6.jpg.html)

AreWeFree
09-12-2015, 4:12 PM
Completely normal, although yours has rough edges and mine looks a bit smoother, the cutout is the same.

Mossy Man
09-12-2015, 4:14 PM
Its molded plastic

What do you expect?

People on this forum going ham over small cosmetic things lately

kds857
09-12-2015, 4:20 PM
Its molded plastic

What do you expect?

People on this forum going ham over small cosmetic things lately

?? I don't expect anything. I asked if mine was broken or not. The gentleman in the post above answered for me that its its normal.

Thanks for the response.

Mossy Man
09-12-2015, 4:58 PM
Its a common theme in posts these days.

People being overly critical over cosmetic blemishes somehow thinking they will affect performance, most especially on budget parts.

bellwilliam
09-12-2015, 6:22 PM
Legit question. That don't look normal, especially from Magpul.

Its a common theme in posts these days to jump on op. Chill

Sniper3142
09-13-2015, 3:53 PM
Completely normal, although yours has rough edges and mine looks a bit smoother, the cutout is the same.

No that is NOT normal.

I have 2 CTR stocks and neither look anything like that. Both are very smooth in that area. And both have seen several years of use.

AreWeFree
09-13-2015, 5:18 PM
No that is NOT normal.

I have 2 CTR stocks and neither look anything like that. Both are very smooth in that area. And both have seen several years of use.

It's totally normal. Shine a flashlight in there and take a closer look.

Mine looks exactly like OP's picture.

Cadre
09-13-2015, 6:51 PM
Normal life goes on.

.40CALIbear
09-13-2015, 7:27 PM
On my CTR the edges look a little cleaner but still a little rough.

Sniper3142
09-14-2015, 8:12 AM
There are several ways to be sure. Go to any good store that carries these stocks and check one out.

You could also post this picture and question on AR15 dot com, in the Industry section there is a Magpul specific sub forum that is monitored by actual Magpul folks.

whipkiller
09-14-2015, 2:14 PM
?? I don't expect anything. I asked if mine was broken or not. The gentleman in the post above answered for me that its its normal.

Thanks for the response.

Wow, very tactful... Classy. :)

If I saw that on my new stock I would wonder too.

Its a common theme in posts these days.

People being overly critical over cosmetic blemishes somehow thinking they will affect performance, most especially on budget parts.

I saw no critique, OP asked a completely legit question and even posted a picture so other fellow CG'ers could provide the answer.

Y'know what else is getting to be a common theme these days? People going out of their way to bag on other Calgunners rather than just moving along when you have nothing (or just don't want to) contribute. Not classy. :mad:

Mossy Man
09-14-2015, 2:31 PM
People also nitpicking on products, returning them for no reason, and driving up costs for everyone.

Mossy Man
09-14-2015, 2:35 PM
Also the most important information, like does it function properly, was entirely omitted from this post.

Going to assume it goes on straight and locks up tight because of lack of comment, which tells me its a complaint about a cosmetic blemish that nobody will ever see. You know, since its iside.

giv1tatry
09-14-2015, 2:41 PM
6121 posts on calguns, real world friends... None.

Mossy Man
09-14-2015, 2:44 PM
6121 posts on calguns, real world friends... None.

6123 tyvm

Bottom line, the sooner people get over the little cosmetic things, the sooner they will be out shooting and enjoying their guns.

SoldierLife7
09-14-2015, 2:47 PM
Y'know what else is getting to be a common theme these days? People going out of their way to bag on other Calgunners rather than just moving along when you have nothing (or just don't want to) contribute. Not classy. :mad:

I have noticed this as well.

I agree, not very classy and a little a-hole-ish.

Mossy Man
09-14-2015, 2:49 PM
Op return it at sellers cost. You deserve a mint pristine injected mold plastic part.

BrassCase
09-14-2015, 6:45 PM
Both my CTR stocks look like that. It looks like someone has the job of snapping out that piece of plastic during production assembly, since it isn't seen it is left unfinished.

Recon-01
09-14-2015, 6:56 PM
All the op wanted to know is if something had snapped off. Not mine looks ugly should i return it? Who cares what everyone else has been posting about. Makes people not want to ask questions on this forum and learn things. I'd understand it if this particular question has been beat to death. Rant over. ..

NguWin
09-14-2015, 7:03 PM
Looks like left over polymer that wasn't smoothed out,should work fine

kds857
09-14-2015, 10:33 PM
Thanks to everyone that answered! Shes a keeper!!

Sorry to tick off mossy man.

viceomitjust
09-15-2015, 12:14 AM
It looks like someone has the job of snapping out that piece of plastic during production assemblyhttp://webhostinglo.com/9ce1.jpg

Mr.Caketown
09-15-2015, 12:31 AM
Thanks to everyone that answered! Shes a keeper!!

Sorry to tick off mossy man.

its all good ... we are going to go start a gofundme to buy him a snickers , since he is acting like a diva

Zartan
09-15-2015, 4:38 AM
BNIB? well...
Mount it, does it work fine? Yes? great, No? CG NOW! :D

REDdawn6
09-15-2015, 5:18 AM
Looks fine Op!!

Dude, whatever you do... Don't look at the tires on your Prius!

hossb7
09-15-2015, 5:31 AM
I've had a CTR on at least one of my ARs for nearly a decade. never looked at the inside of the tube.

Mossy Man
09-15-2015, 10:10 AM
Lets take a step back and re-read the posts in this thread.

None of mine were hostile or contained personal attacks.

I stated my opinion that people nitpick small unimportant things when they function correctly and that drives up costs for everyone when they get returned.

I get called an a-hole, a no-life, a post whore, and yet I am the one with no class? Typical Calguns.

hossb7
09-15-2015, 10:14 AM
Lets take a step back and re-read the posts in this thread.

None of mine were hostile or contained personal attacks.

I stated my opinion that people nitpick small unimportant things when they function correctly and that drives up costs for everyone when they get returned.

I get called an a-hole, a no-life, a post whore, and yet I am the one with no class? Typical Calguns.

The only thing that's missing from this is that you somehow paid too much for something, or otherwise didn't do it on a shoestring budget.