View Full Version : .

kingdutch
07-17-2008, 2:08 PM

Gunsrruss
07-17-2008, 2:33 PM
Bad info...deleted same

domokun
07-17-2008, 2:38 PM
Please look at the CA AW ID Flowchart (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf). It should confirm most of your conclusions. Here's what I would do.

1. Replace Bushmaster lower with an OLL with a Bullet Button or B-15 Bullet Button and keep the Bushmaster upper.
2. Place the Bushmaster XM15 lower in safe keeping with a trusted friend/family member or at some secure storage location so you can get it back if you ever decide to leave CA.
3. Store and leave the 30 rounders in the same location you chose in step #2.
4. Buy new 10 rounders in CA and enjoy your CA legal AR-15.

sloguy
07-17-2008, 2:44 PM
Please look at the CA AW ID Flowchart (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf). It should confirm most of your conclusions. Here's what I would do.

1. Replace Bushmaster lower with an OLL with a Bullet Button or B-15 Bullet Button and keep the Bushmaster upper.
2. Place the Bushmaster XM15 lower in safe keeping with a trusted friend/family member or at some secure storage location so you can get it back if you ever decide to leave CA.
3. Store and leave the 30 rounders in the same location you chose in step #2.
4. Buy new 10 rounders in CA and enjoy your CA legal AR-15.

that sounds right to me, unless im missing something.

dont listen to gunsrruss, i dont think he understands that your reciever is banned by name.

Gunsrruss
07-17-2008, 3:34 PM
Your right gentleman:eek: His lower is banned:mad: I loose track of that because mine was registered so long ago. Sorry for the bad info,:(
Russ

sloguy
07-17-2008, 3:42 PM
Your right gentleman:eek: His lower is banned:mad: I loose track of that because mine was registered so long ago. Sorry for the bad info,:(
Russ

no harm, no foul. it can be a mite confusing keeping up with these retarded california laws

huck
07-17-2008, 4:46 PM
At the risk of throwing out more bad info, what about the 30 round mags? If he owned them before he should be able to use them now. No?

Spitfire75
07-17-2008, 5:25 PM
At the risk of throwing out more bad info, what about the 30 round mags? If he owned them before he should be able to use them now. No?

Not unless he owned them INSIDE of California before January of 2000. Sorry :(

domokun
07-17-2008, 6:00 PM
Not unless he owned them INSIDE of California before January of 2000. Sorry :(

Spitfire is correct. Bring them into the state would be importation of high-capacity magazines AFTER then ban went into effect on 1/1/2000. Besides, the 30 rounders are relatively inexpensive and easy to find outside of California should the OP ever decide to move back out of CA for any reason and wants to repurchase them.