PDA

View Full Version : Crossroads of the West gun show in Phoenix

jwc
07-17-2008, 7:07 AM
Has anyone here been to the Crossroads of the West gun show in Phoenix? If so, how does it compare to those held in Southern California?

Ballistic043
07-17-2008, 7:11 AM
probably pwns us.

Blademan21
07-17-2008, 7:22 AM
This one is held at the Ice House,on the fairgrounds. It is where hockey is played,so the building is air conditioned. It is a small show compared to Costa Mesa. You can only have so many tables in one building. It is a kick to see what one can buy in a free state. Hi cap mags,auto knives,ect. Get there early for better parking.If you don't make it this weekend,make plans for the December 3 day show. It is well worth the trip.Bring lots of money. If you don't,you'll wish you had.

xxINKxx
07-17-2008, 7:45 AM
Im going to this show saturday...We have a weekend fun house on the river in AZ, and i need a 22LR upper for my AR, great excuse to drive out there and pick one up haha

Oh and heres a heads up... Sheriffs from CA go to this show and hang out in the parking lot, and they acually will randomly pull people over driving with CA licence plates/live in Ca to check and see if they bought anything thats illegal in CA...They dont always do it, but it has happened in the past many times, just becarefull if anyone is going and tempted to purchase anything that you shouldnt

Gator Monroe
07-17-2008, 7:48 AM
The Mesqueet (Near Garland Texas) gun show Owns Del Mar or Ventura or any other show in PRK so the Arizona one must at least be as good as one of the Reno Shows !

gunsnrovers
07-17-2008, 8:04 AM
I've had fun at the Phoenix shows in the past. Good timing on this one. Heading out Friday night to see my folks and bring out their grandson.

We'll probably go for a bit on Saturday with my C&R in hand. I've scored some nice older stuff their.

DrunkSkunk
07-17-2008, 8:08 AM
Oh and heres a heads up... Sheriffs from CA go to this show and hang out in the parking lot, and they acually will randomly pull people over driving with CA licence plates/live in Ca to check and see if they bought anything thats illegal in CA...They dont always do it, but it has happened in the past many times, just becarefull if anyone is going and tempted to purchase anything that you shouldnt

So they follow you from Phoenix to California to pull you over, because it doesn't matter if they pulled you over in Arizona they cant do anything to you there, period.

DrunkSkunk
07-17-2008, 8:08 AM
Vegas is better and bigger

jwc
07-17-2008, 8:31 AM
Is the one in August any larger/better than the one in July?

xxINKxx
07-17-2008, 8:34 AM
So they follow you from Phoenix to California to pull you over, because it doesn't matter if they pulled you over in Arizona they cant do anything to you there, period.

But if your buying stuff only AZ residents can buy than you can get busted (certian things you need proof of residence in AZ to buy) I dunno how they do it, or if they are teaming up with AZ law enforcement, but they have busted ppl who live in CA leaving that show for buying assult weapons and other illegal things that they legally arent aloud to purchace

I dont know the details. You may be 100% correct that they cant do anything to you, but either way they have done this at the past shows stopping people from CA who left the show to see if they have anything they shouldnt.

PIRATE14
07-17-2008, 8:34 AM

Well they normally have what they call a TASK FORCE involving local municipalities plus LE reps from CALIFORNIA.....

I do know the ATF was hammering guys in the parking lot at the last show but mostly involving firearms purchases and not the parts....

Stay legal and you shouldn't have anything to worry about......;)

uzigalil
07-17-2008, 8:36 AM
the Sar show/crossroads in December is the best.

DrunkSkunk
07-17-2008, 8:39 AM
I can see the firearms part, but just make sure you have your AZ id with you :)

Well they normally have what they call a TASK FORCE involving local municipalities plus LE reps from CALIFORNIA.....

I do know the ATF was hammering guys in the parking lot at the last show but mostly involving firearms purchases and not the parts....

Stay legal and you shouldn't have anything to worry about......;)

1919_4_ME
07-17-2008, 9:09 AM
I saw a big bust out here and the last show.Theres alot of gang bangers that like to come to the show and buy guns FTF style.Anyways a bunch of them bought up Ak's throughout the show with drums and mags etc.Well there were wlaking out the show into the parking lot with the drums inserted into the guns.When they got in there cars and left they were popped right down the street by undercovers.They had about 12-13 gang bangers sitting on the curb.I also see alot of "Parole" officers cruising the show looking for parole's walking around.if they recognize any one they violate there parole.I saw a few get busted that way.Either way the show sucks and it seems to be getting smaller and everythings way over priced.You guys aren't missing anything out here you guys got it all locally now.:chris:

BigKevLA
07-17-2008, 2:33 PM
But if your buying stuff only AZ residents can buy than you can get busted (certian things you need proof of residence in AZ to buy) I dunno how they do it, or if they are teaming up with AZ law enforcement, but they have busted ppl who live in CA leaving that show for buying assult weapons and other illegal things that they legally arent aloud to purchace

I dont know the details. You may be 100% correct that they cant do anything to you, but either way they have done this at the past shows stopping people from CA who left the show to see if they have anything they shouldnt.

CA officers don't have powers in AZ. Sounds very fishy to me.

Wyseguy
07-17-2008, 3:28 PM
the Sar show/crossroads in December is the best.

+10000. Nuff said!

redwood
07-17-2008, 10:28 PM
+++ on the SAR show as well!
I believe the Cal cops wait or radio to the border (Blithe) and find probable cause to pull you over (often BS) and them happen to notice something hinky.
Read Boston T. Party's book "you and the police" and you will never travel the same!
BTW Boston shared my table a the last show, great guy! I recommend all his books.

jerryg1776
07-17-2008, 11:12 PM

If they pull you over in AZ call the local cops and have them arrested for false imprisonment / kidnapping or something.

jdberger
07-17-2008, 11:18 PM
<snip>It is a kick to see what one can buy in a free state. Hi cap mags,auto knives,ect. <snip>

IIRC - auto knives are illegal in AZ. Even the teeny ones that Californians are allowed to have.

ojisan
07-18-2008, 8:24 AM
I have also heard stories of busts in Pahrump, NV for CA plated cars buying fireworks. Be carefull!