PDA

View Full Version : Ever hear of a store that sells Ca Legal AR's but will not transfer OLL?

Dark Water
07-16-2008, 9:44 PM
A local gun store here in Modesto will order and sell CA legal AR's but will not under any other circumstance transfer OLL's. I think this is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. Has anyone else experienced this somewhere?

Jicko
07-16-2008, 9:48 PM
For CA legal AR, he may means those sealed mag well bushmasters....

Dark Water
07-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Budweiser made it through prohibition and so will FFL's that believe in this movement.

Saigon1965
07-16-2008, 10:15 PM
There's one here that's like that. Sealed Bushy and that's it. Funny thing is, he's been trying to bring in Sig 556.

tgriffin
07-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Canyon Sports, Martinez. Will sell Bushmaster Carbon 15's all day, but wont touch OLL

avidone
07-16-2008, 10:32 PM
There is one like that in here in San Rafael.

tazmanian devil dog
07-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Canyon Sports, Martinez. Will sell Bushmaster Carbon 15's all day, but wont touch OLL

They are selling Smith and Wesson OLL complete rifless with bullet buttons. They are also now selling Sig 556s'

Bobula
07-16-2008, 10:38 PM
PM'd you about a way better shop.

tgriffin
07-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Damn! guess it has been a while since I have been in there. Last time I was in there with a OLL Zach threatened to have me arrested. LOL

radioburning
07-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Down south here we call that Turner's Outdoorsman...:p

tunder
07-17-2008, 1:39 AM
Budweiser made it through prohibition

And they were just sold to INBEV,a Belgium brewing company.

There are tears in my beer, here in St.Louis.

supersonic
07-17-2008, 2:27 AM
A local gun store here in Modesto will order and sell CA legal AR's but will not under any other circumstance transfer OLL's. I think this is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. Has anyone else experienced this somewhere?

Yes.;)

Kishfisser
07-17-2008, 5:55 AM
Down south here we call that Turner's Outdoorsman...:p

But Turners only touches the sealed Magwells, I have yet to see any other AR styles at Turners even with a mag lock.

Standard
07-17-2008, 6:19 AM
Which store?

BroncoBob
07-17-2008, 6:54 AM
Which store?

From what I understand is that a couple of years ago, the store in Modesto got into some trouble regarding AR type rifles and the case was eventually thrown out by the DA. It cost them some $$ for legal fees. I guess when the store changed owners they changed their policy to sell only CA. legal OLL. The last time I was in there (2 months ago) they had a couple CA. legal Vulcan V15's. David and Peter are pretty good to work with. I have bought several guns from them and have never had any issues. If you PM me I'll give you the store name.

PolishMike
07-17-2008, 7:38 AM
Discount gun mart is happy to sell you their stag OLL but AFAIK they will not do any transfers.

Luckily Royal pawn is 10 mins away

X-NewYawker
07-17-2008, 8:29 AM
There's no "gray area" with the bushie -- it can't take a mag. They are "safer" from a liability claim.

WokMaster1
07-17-2008, 9:01 AM
Damn! guess it has been a while since I have been in there. Last time I was in there with a OLL Zach threatened to have me arrested. LOL

the winds of change has blown thru town. They have Smith & Wesson M&P15 with Prince 50 locks, not BBs. And Sig 556, too.

Speaking of which, do you know if Martinez & Pleasant Hill PDs are in tune with OLLs? What about CoCo Sheriff Office?

emc002
07-17-2008, 9:15 AM
Bear Mtn Guns in San Andreas will only import from Lanworld but won't sell OLLs.

RobG
07-17-2008, 9:26 AM
They are selling Smith and Wesson OLL complete rifless with bullet buttons. They are also now selling Sig 556s'

:eek: I can only imagine what they are asking for them $$$$$$$$$$$$!!

IH8CALAWS
07-17-2008, 9:32 AM
I know of a store that will transfer ar-15 and fal' any time but will never touch an ak receiver.WTF!!!!

redcliff
07-17-2008, 9:50 AM
It's not that hard to understand. They can document that the rifle went out of their store in a legal configuration if they sell a complete rifle.

If they sell a receiver only they can't be sure how it will be configured down the road and may feel they have more exposure to criminal charges or law suits by someone claiming "they sold it to me that way" in the event of an arrest. Isn't that what happened to Bright Spot Pawn?

Standard
07-17-2008, 12:06 PM
From what I understand is that a couple of years ago, the store in Modesto got into some trouble regarding AR type rifles and the case was eventually thrown out by the DA. It cost them some $$ for legal fees. I guess when the store changed owners they changed their policy to sell only CA. legal OLL. The last time I was in there (2 months ago) they had a couple CA. legal Vulcan V15's. David and Peter are pretty good to work with. I have bought several guns from them and have never had any issues. If you PM me I'll give you the store name.

I know the store. I talk to David and Peter often. Good guys, good store.

ivanimal
07-17-2008, 4:04 PM

I was in there today and they had the new Camo Remington AR's. I dont know how they got them I have never seen one in person before. That is one sweey looking gun.

RifleMan-14
07-17-2008, 5:19 PM
Herb Bauer Sporting Goods

domokun
07-17-2008, 6:09 PM
I was in there today and they had the new Camo Remington AR's. I dont know how they got them I have never seen one in person before. That is one sweey looking gun.

Did the Remington ARs have a pistol grip attached to them with a detachable magazine? :D

PIRATE14
07-17-2008, 6:32 PM

See what happens when you don't stop by and buy........:chris:

PIRATE14
07-17-2008, 6:33 PM
I know of a store that will transfer ar-15 and fal' any time but will never touch an ak receiver.WTF!!!!

Specially since the AK is the one that started the whole thing.......

But ya know nobody but bangers use AKs......;)

lunchb0x
07-17-2008, 10:07 PM
OK total Newb question... but whats an "OLL". I'm looking to start putting an AR together so i've been reading alot, but can''t find out what it means. Thanks.

AngelDecoys
07-17-2008, 10:11 PM
OK total Newb question... but whats an "OLL". I'm looking to start putting an AR together so i've been reading alot, but can''t find out what it means. Thanks.

1st, welcome to the forum. Off List Lower. AR lowers not on the ban list. Initially there was a list of lowers banned by manufacturer (AW ban). That list via court case can not be added to. Since you're putting together an AR, you'll be buying a lower not on the list (and the only one's available in CA).

Look up at the top right hand side of the page and look at the AR ID flow chart. Second page lists the lowers on that list.

lunchb0x
07-17-2008, 10:18 PM
OOHH, that makes total sense now, Thanks Angel!! Yea I downloaded that flow chart last week and have been studying it ever since...:) I just couldn't make out the meaning behind that acronym... lol

Shane916
07-17-2008, 11:18 PM
OOHH, that makes total sense now, Thanks Angel!! Yea I downloaded that flow chart last week and have been studying it ever since...:) I just couldn't make out the meaning behind that acronym... lol

Bookmark and never lose.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=78606

5thstreet@sbcglobal.net
07-18-2008, 12:42 AM
If you are referring to Sierra sports here in modesto its because they were sued a couple of times for selling OLL and people constructing illegally So now they will only do ones that they build to make sure that they are CA compliant