PDA

View Full Version : Plot to kill Tony Blair

bear93445
07-15-2008, 12:15 PM
I didn't see this posted yet.

Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,382667,00.html)-On Tuesday, Mideast envoy Tony Blair called off what would have been the first visit of a top Western diplomat to Hamas-ruled Gaza, after Israel's Shin Bet security service received "pinpointed and imminent" intelligence that there was going to be an assassination attempt on his life.

The Shin Bet security service said it had received "information that Palestinians were planning to attack Blair in Gaza, so the relevant services alerted him to the fact."

They say the information about the attack was "detailed and credible." Militants planned to attack Blair's convey with explosives while he was traveling in Gaza.

Blair's visit Tuesday was to have included a tour of a Gaza waste-water project and meetings with traders and U.N. officials, but not with leaders of Hamas, the Islamic militant group that seized Gaza by force more than a year ago.

Full Story (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,382667,00.html)

Sam1
07-15-2008, 12:22 PM
why can't the guys at fox spell? convey or convoy ? it's not the first time I see a typo on fox

Shane916
07-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Blair also canceled a Tuesday visit to Sderot, a town in southern Israel which is the frequent target of rockets fired by Palestinian militants in Gaza.

Why in the hell would you plan on going there in the first place knowing this information?!

96hmco
07-15-2008, 1:12 PM
As a sign of support for those that live and work there. It is one of the main areas providing for the rest of Isreal. Those that live there live with Valor.

REDHORSE
07-15-2008, 1:42 PM
why can't the guys at fox spell? convey or convoy ? it's not the first time I see a typo on fox

Story came from/written by the AP, as reported on the bottom of the story on the FOX link.

So the writer was more than likely using British/UK English vs. USA English grammar.

MikeH1
07-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Story came from/written by the AP, as reported on the bottom of the story on the FOX link.

So the writer was more than likely using British/UK English vs. USA English grammar.

Misspelling.

both words have the same meaning in American and British English

Pvt. Cowboy
07-16-2008, 12:45 PM
I like how British people pronounce his surname as 'Bleh'... "Mister Tony Bleh".