PDA

View Full Version : Remember when?

X-NewYawker
07-15-2008, 1:29 AM
almost 30 years ago I went into Edelman's Gun store (the guy who would go on to BUY the Kimber company) in Farmingdale, New York and the selection of Black rifles was pretty impressive -- In Southern California in 2008 this is the best we get:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/Airsoftstore.jpg

Air-friggin-soft.
Anyone shoot these out there?

BP88
07-15-2008, 1:48 AM
I have friends who have cheap ones for fun; I don't personally know anyone who's really into it. Seems like it would be fun to play with the right group of people, though.

edit - Oh yeah, and I don't remember because I'm only 19... :P

Bowser
07-15-2008, 1:48 AM
Spiggy. Plus you get to shoot people guilt free.

sb_pete
07-15-2008, 2:48 AM
hmm, that's about what the inside of Cold War Shooters in Highland looks like, but without all those orange tips:chris:

daskraut
07-15-2008, 6:50 AM
There used to be a gun shop in Northridge california that had even more then that. When I bought my AK in '88, it took 2 hours for me to decide what to get!. We knew the hippies were coming so we stocked up.

Two Shots
07-15-2008, 7:18 AM
Air-friggin-soft.
Anyone shoot these out there?

I tried, But I kept shooting the squirrel and he wouldn't go down.

offrdmania
07-15-2008, 7:22 AM
You could sneak a GSG-5 onto that wall and no one would ever know the difference. Actually, I think I see one to the far left. Hehe

AngelDecoys
07-15-2008, 7:25 AM
We use an AR, Shotgun, and several pistol models for the shoothouse at the Manteca Sportsmen (Women's classes). They can be useful for teaching 'slicing the pie' dynamic entry, and clearing your house.

We have criminal cardboard cutouts for the pellets. If you consider that the weight/feel is similar, its not a bad tool for teaching someone self defense. And the building doesn't end up with holes in all the walls.

I've also seen them used at a local street fair. They had an old shooting gallery setup with airsoft. Was quite popular with the kids.

(And not a bad way to teach basic safety to kids before you hand them a .22).

deleted by PC police
07-15-2008, 7:32 AM
that's funny. I have a friend from canaidia that I play xbox with that just went to europe and he kept telling me that the gun stores there were insane "you can buy an AK for $100". I was born In Germany, grew up in europe and I don't remember ever seeing anything like this. So last night he sent me a picture of a bunch of guns he saw in boxes and I can see the airsoft pelets in one of the boxes. What a dummy.

IH8CALAWS
07-15-2008, 7:37 AM
I remember when Cali gun shops looked like that. When Ibaught my first AK in 1998 all they had was AK's,FAL's, AR's, and HK rifles there where even a bunch of calico's there but they where way out of my price range.I realy miss those days, the same shop I went to then won't even dro's anything looking like an AK. It makes me sick thinking of it all, only a couple hundred miles away and across an imaginary line people are still living free in America while we have to deal with the PRK.

Gator Monroe
07-15-2008, 7:55 AM
Ex NY'er did you ever visit the Original Martin B. Retting Guns In New York ?:eek:

X-NewYawker
07-15-2008, 8:12 AM
No! I didn't know there were GS in NYC except for Ambercrombie & Fitch -- before they switched to clothes for young jerks!

trinydex
07-15-2008, 12:53 PM
i never understood airsoft... when you could paintball.

Saigon1965
07-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Times sure have changed things.

trinydex
07-15-2008, 12:56 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z6bYCRG9OqM&feature=related

how about this

MotoGuy
07-15-2008, 3:44 PM
hmm, that's about what the inside of Cold War Shooters in Highland looks like, but without all those orange tips:chris:

+1 Now if they would only open a store that wasn't a 7 hour drive from me :D

X-NewYawker
07-15-2008, 7:49 PM
i never understood airsoft... when you could paintball.

Airsoft is paintball with actual full auto weapons that LOOK AND FEEL (in many cases, clearly except for recoil) JUST like the guns can't have anymore. Miss your FAl? Want to shoot a 1,000 round SAW?

trinydex
07-15-2008, 8:29 PM
i guess i took the exact opposite stance hahaa. paintball is a/the game, no question. no one calling you a poser or a militant freekoid mall ninja dooda toting hehaw.

requires some extreme boyish athletics too but it was fun with the pain to go with it.

JagerTroop
07-15-2008, 8:48 PM
We use an AR, Shotgun, and several pistol models for the shoothouse at the Manteca Sportsmen (Women's classes). They can be useful for teaching 'slicing the pie' dynamic entry, and clearing your house...

X-rated firearms training? :eek:

Come on... women's classes?... slicing the pie?... Don't tell me I'm the only one thinking this? :smilielol5:

packnrat
07-16-2008, 10:07 AM
if not for the prices i would buy a couple of the air soft rifles...only due to being able to get the real thing here in ca.:chris:

:TFH:

question legal: would it be legal to cover the tip for a wall hanger (aka air soft on the wall), as in a plastic cap in black, not glued on, it would fall off if tiped down.

AngelDecoys
07-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Come on... women's classes?... slicing the pie?... Don't tell me I'm the only one thinking this?

Me no lie. I'll take pictures and either post, or PM. :D Last time we ran the series we had both 10 criminal justice students (all ladies from MJC). :eek: We also had a group of correctional officers. :eek:

Slicing the pie isn't magic. Pretty safe with airsoft. And for home defense? Maybe not so important if you're single and can barracade yourself in your room, but if you have to go and retrieve kids, or if you live on a farm....... Takes on a whole new meaning huh.

See sig, class is tonight. ;)

JagerTroop
07-16-2008, 6:52 PM
Me no lie...

Notice that I said
X-rated firearms training? :eek:

I was just making a joke :D

AngelDecoys
07-16-2008, 8:45 PM
Just got back. 30 ladies attended.

No worries. Too much coffee and I plainly missed it. It happens ;) See you and the g/f next Wednesday.