but that 16" Congo shot VERY WELL but I did sell it off because I prefer
the looks of the longer barrels.The only problem I saw today was the rear sight
was loose and required me taking it off and adjusting the little plunger
spring on the elevation button. Now granted I have not shot the rifle yet
and will report back in the next week or so,shooting will be at Angeles
with FMJ ammo by Radway,SA,FN,and Aust---no factory ammo or handloads
thru my battle rifles. No glass-- iron sights only. These rifles are a bargain
compared to DSA---almost half the price of a CA legal DSA--- and wait
forever?-If you want a FAL here in CA you really need to check this out.
Pics I took today---I will try and find picks of the DSA Congo to compare.
I didn't like the 2 tone finish of the Congo---but it may be ok for others
Thanks for reading Pete

http://www.fototime.com/D0A66620E3547CA/orig.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/807612DDD46882F/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/2C8451697695D91/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/AF96A04EF6EFFCC/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/1EA38CFBC62A222/orig.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/4B8CAB36E00E9A6/standard.jpg

mltrading
07-14-2008, 4:45 PM
Just curious, did you switch the magazines (with pistol grip installed)? Hopefully the longer magazine is 10/20 model.

BTW, it's a nice rifle.

duenor
07-14-2008, 5:19 PM
The installed magazine is a 10/20 model (note the welded magazine floorplate). Glad you like your rifle, GM.

IH8CALAWS
07-14-2008, 5:51 PM
Nice buy, I am thinking of adding another FAL to the collection. how long was the wait? and how much did you get her for?

Full Clip
07-14-2008, 6:42 PM
That's a classy rifle.

GM4spd
07-14-2008, 6:50 PM
The installed magazine is a 10/20 model (note the welded magazine floorplate). Glad you like your rifle, GM.

Yes,that's why I took a seperate picture of the welded floorplate---10
rds only,NON DETACHABLE! Pete

GM4spd
07-14-2008, 6:57 PM
Nice buy, I am thinking of adding another FAL to the collection. how long was the wait? and how much did you get her for?

The wait was 10 days--(the DROS period) but that could be a fluke but a
heck of a lot shorter then DSA wait time:eek:. As far as price-- check with
them---I added $125 to my bill because I wanted that original style long
FH,overall almost half of what a DSA CA model goes for:eek: We need to
support our LOCALS before sending money out of state--assuming things
are equal. Pete

robitrocks
07-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Looks sweet! I definitely see a Enterprise FAL joining the family this year. :D

daskraut
07-15-2008, 6:54 AM
handsome rifle..

JMB Fan
07-15-2008, 7:14 AM
are equal. Pete

That's funny "assuming things are equal" there not!

IH8CALAWS
07-15-2008, 7:30 AM
are equal. Pete

I'll probably just build another one, alot cheaper and alot more satisfying.

GM4spd
07-15-2008, 7:31 AM
That's funny "assuming things are equal" there not!

So if they are not equal (in your opinion)--do what you want,it's your money.
Your way works,I guess---you get more opinion and less money in your pocket. Pete

JMB Fan
07-15-2008, 7:48 AM
So if they are not equal (in your opinion)--do what you want,it's your money.
Your way works,I guess---you get more opinion and less money. Pete

It's not opinion it's fact. With the DSA you get a rifle that will hold it's value better and run 100% instead you get one that most gunsmiths won't touch or people will buy used.

IH8CALAWS
07-15-2008, 8:05 AM
I haven't heard anything bad about entreprise, lately.

duenor
07-15-2008, 10:13 AM
It's not opinion it's fact. With the DSA you get a rifle that will hold it's value better and run 100% instead you get one that most gunsmiths won't touch or people will buy used.

You'll get a rifle that has a lifetime warranty, comes with customer service that you can actually (if you are in SoCal) drive to and walk in for, and contrary to popular belief, will be worked on by many gunsmiths - including Mark Graham at Arizona Response Systems in AZ, one of the premier FAL smiths in the US. Look him up - he's had his complaints about us in the past, but we got together with him and learned what gunsmiths wanted, then went back and redesigned/retooled as a result.

You'll also be buying from a company that actively supports 2A in that pariah state known as CA, including this forum that you're on right now.

Finally, I suggest you go look on Gunbroker for Entrepise or EAI FAL rifles. We've been selling them for nearly 20 years. If they were as unpleasant as you claim, why aren't more people trying to sell them? And why is that, when they do, such rifles usually command between $750-950, which is about the same price range as a secondhand DSA? When you factor in the fact that DSA costs about $1450 to start here in CA before you add the CA compliance parts and labor, and transfer fees, there is quite a bit of difference.

Now bear in mind, DSA makes fine rifles. But unless you're buying one of the 100% all new US-made ones, you're not going to be getting a rifle that shoots any better or more reliably than an EAI FAL since both use near-unissued Austrian STG or Imbel FAL parts kits.

But tell you what, JMB.
Why don't you come on down to our factory and take a look around?

BigMac
07-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Anyone that thinks DSA is perfect is dilusional.

I have had a chance to handle some of the enterprise rifles lately and they are building nice guns.

I'm glad you like your new rifle. Now go break that sucker in ;)

tankerman
07-15-2008, 4:03 PM
I know Enterprise is offering a $999 special, but their site lists these FAL in the $1200-$1700. Are these guns worth that much money?

I've been considering one for the last couple of years, everytime I look at one I just don't see $1000+ worth of gun.

Someone convince me I'm wrong.

thedrickel
07-15-2008, 4:46 PM
I know Enterprise is offering a $999 special, but their site lists these FAL in the $1200-$1700. Are these guns worth that much money?

I've been considering one for the last couple of years, everytime I look at one I just don't see $1000+ worth of gun.

Thank god I can roll my own for less than that. At full retail I'd never have been able to hoard as many as I have ;)

If yer in the market for one I'm going to be selling an IMBEL on Century carbine in a week or two for around 800 bucks.

JMB Fan
07-15-2008, 5:21 PM
You'll get a rifle that has a lifetime warranty, comes with customer service that you can actually (if you are in SoCal) drive to and walk in for, and contrary to popular belief, will be worked on by many gunsmiths - including Mark Graham at Arizona Response Systems in AZ, one of the premier FAL smiths in the US. Look him up - he's had his complaints about us in the past, but we got together with him and learned what gunsmiths wanted, then went back and redesigned/retooled as a result.

You'll also be buying from a company that actively supports 2A in that pariah state known as CA, including this forum that you're on right now.

Finally, I suggest you go look on Gunbroker for Entrepise or EAI FAL rifles. We've been selling them for nearly 20 years. If they were as unpleasant as you claim, why aren't more people trying to sell them? And why is that, when they do, such rifles usually command between $750-950, which is about the same price range as a secondhand DSA? When you factor in the fact that DSA costs about $1450 to start here in CA before you add the CA compliance parts and labor, and transfer fees, there is quite a bit of difference.

Now bear in mind, DSA makes fine rifles. But unless you're buying one of the 100% all new US-made ones, you're not going to be getting a rifle that shoots any better or more reliably than an EAI FAL since both use near-unissued Austrian STG or Imbel FAL parts kits.

But tell you what, JMB.
Why don't you come on down to our factory and take a look around?

Been there done that, myself and a buddy both bought a STG rifle build from you guys back in the day when Lawerence worked there and we had nothing but problems the timing was off and they would FTF and FTE. Both rifles spent more time in your shop then they did with us. You guys finally did give a refund but it was like pulling teeth with all the *****ing between Howard and Walter. I really hope you do build a better receiver or rifle now but I won't ever take that chance again.

duenor
07-15-2008, 5:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. Neither Lawrence or Howard mentioned are with the company any longer, and have not been for many years. The CA rifles are currently $999 to CGN members and come with a 10/20 magazine and relieved top cover.

scfast
07-15-2008, 7:22 PM
What are you guys bickering about...Get your a**es to the range and shoot this S**T is pointless...And dragging your opinions on here your just hijacking GM4spd's thread ...Nice gun GM..

GM4spd
07-15-2008, 7:30 PM

The rifle you see pictured--purchased yesterday was less then $1250 TOTAL
which included TAX +DROS fees of $140 and I paid an extra $125 for the original
Belgian long FH. So if I had just a regular version it would be less then $1150 Pete

http://www.fototime.com/D0A66620E3547CA/orig.jpg

tankerman
07-15-2008, 7:43 PM
What are you guys bickering about...Get your a**es to the range and shoot this S**T is pointless...And dragging your opinions on here your just hijacking GM4spd's thread ...Nice gun GM..
http://members.ij.net/captbob2112/whiner.jpg

scfast
07-15-2008, 8:02 PM
Haha this place is starting to reek like arf

BigMac
07-15-2008, 10:06 PM
I agree nice rifle!

Now you might want to build one yourself ;)

I'm almost done with two CA compliant FAL. I have an inch pattern and a metric in the testing and refinishing stages.

The FAL is a really neat rifle. Watch out for the sharp corners if your going to use stripper clips.

FlyingPen
07-15-2008, 10:10 PM
I would buy a FAL in a heartbeat if... 308 didn't cost so much :(

Are the mag locks bullet button style locks?

BigMac
07-15-2008, 10:38 PM
I cannot speak for the OP but I pin mine. My para looks fully functional. But in fact has a screw behind the catch and requires the action to be disasembled to remove the magazine.

thedrickel
07-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Mental note - send a BB for Martin's para.