View Full Version : Folding stocks in california

07-14-2008, 12:20 PM
If want I want a rifle that only comes with a folding stock (UMP) how do I pin it in the open position to keep it California legal?

Can I use a screw to lock it in the open position? That screw would never be removed while in California.

Thanks guys

07-14-2008, 12:22 PM
That sounds good.

07-14-2008, 12:26 PM
You can git HK UMP registered in CA? really?

07-14-2008, 12:32 PM
USC conversion

07-14-2008, 12:54 PM
You can git HK UMP registered in CA? really?

There is no registration of rifles in California. There was a time when you could register your rifles as AWs but that has long since passed.

07-14-2008, 1:49 PM
It's been awhile since I had the UMP-style folder for my HK94 but IIRC you disassemble the folding stock and insert a spent 9mm casing (maybe trimmed slightly?) into the button travel area preventing the button from being depressed.