PDA

View Full Version : AR-10 Parts Kit - Mag Catch Screw too short!

BlackReef
07-14-2008, 12:45 AM
I ordered the Noveske N6 Lower receiver, and the corresponding Noveske AR-10 Parts kit from ColdWarShooters....

The Mag Catch that came with my AR-10 Parts kit fits ok and everything, but it only threads about halfway into the mag release button before the button starts to sink into the lower?

Example: If I thread the mag release into the button so the end of the screw is flush with the button, the button will only stick out only a fraction of what it should. What I did was unscrew it so that the button is normal, but it is only halfway screwed on now!

However, I don't know if it affects anything because the other side of the mag catch is flush with the inside of the mag well wall, and obviously the mag release button isn't going to unscrew itself, but I am thinking I got an AR-15 mag catch in the kit.

Is this going to cause any problems in the future? Can I order an AR-10 Mag-Catch somewhere individually?

Thanks
J

Blacktail 8541
07-14-2008, 12:52 AM
No it will not affect anything, But if you are going to install a bullet button, you have the right mag catch.

BlackReef
07-14-2008, 1:09 AM
I'm going with the new B-15 Bullet Button.

Glad to hear it won't be a problem though

dfletcher
07-14-2008, 8:58 AM
If I read correctly you're saying the threaded stem of the mag release is too short, yes? I don't see any problem using the regular mag set up - you could give the mag one more spin from the other side if wanted - but one of my little gripes (it's minor) about the BB is that it's a bit too long and as a result the nut sits a bit deep and can be tough to get to without scratching the walls of the inside hole. Again, very minor and I suppose only the more anal of us would notice.