PDA

View Full Version : SCPRC 2008 Winners

CamW
07-13-2008, 8:41 PM
Here's a few photos of the winners at the 2008 SCPRC.

First place- Todd Reynolds

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8782/spcrc081styo7.jpg

Second place- Greg Wahlmeier

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8839/spcrc082ndyd7.jpg

Third place-Tony Palzkil

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5905/scprc083rdix1.jpg

Last place and winner of the Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun,
Mark Shaurette

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9412/scprc08lastjy6.jpg

Final results

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/428/scprc08finalai6.jpg

rksimple
07-13-2008, 8:47 PM
Had a great time. Its a great bunch of guys and Mark & Co. did a fantastic job.

PistolPete75
07-13-2008, 8:58 PM
Yep it was a great match. Tons of fun. Alot of work went into this match. Great work Mark and company!

wildcard
07-13-2008, 8:59 PM
It was a awesome match. The winners did awesome (obviously).

As for my comrades.. Ryan and Peter rocked. Excellent job guys! Now let's prepare for NorCal.. ahh.. prone position..

PistolPete75
07-13-2008, 9:01 PM
I'll never ever forget to bring ammo again. That hike was a doosey.

rksimple
07-13-2008, 9:04 PM
That hike did something because you killed the 625 stage. I think you had all 10 no?

PistolPete75
07-13-2008, 9:10 PM
No, I only got 8 rounds in that stage. I must have missed two. I did get some 10s and 9s in that stage though which helped big time.

PistolPete75
07-13-2008, 9:11 PM
I think Jason got all 10 in on that round.

Timberwolf
07-13-2008, 9:19 PM
I see a fairly equal split in the north talent vs the south talent with a slight lead to the south - good going Peter and Ryan - I thought about this match all weekend and I was definately with you in spirit. Keep your edge SoCal guys you've got Nor Cal soming up Labor Day weekend and then the North / South Shootout in Sept.

wildcard
07-13-2008, 9:23 PM
I see a fairly equal split in the north talent vs the south talent with a slight lead to the south - good going Peter and Ryan - I thought about this match all weekend and I was definately with you in spirit. Keep your edge SoCal guys you've got Nor Cal soming up Labor Day weekend and then the North / South Shootout in Sept.

Oh yeah.. I need to thank you for my "Fastest 100 Trophy." Felt just like home (the APS 5-Dot Drill) when I was doing it.. except the targets were twice as big :)

Timberwolf
07-13-2008, 9:29 PM
Oh yeah.. I need to thank you for my "Fastest 100 Trophy." Felt just like home (the APS 5-Dot Drill) when I was doing it.. except the targets were twice as big :)

Twice as big . . . :eek: . . . you guys should have tore that up . . . good show Jason!

Spaniard
07-14-2008, 6:23 AM
Thanks Cameron for posting the results and pics, I got home last night and dropped. I also realized my scores and data left with my scorekeeper. I'll get that later and post some other stuff.

After the scoring snafu was squared away, much better. Our fault on that, we used a spreadsheet sent down by Vu which is awesome until we unknowingly spoofed the file by adding a time cell to it, that changed the formula and results.

That's on me. There were some corrections on a few competitors targets and how they were scored and then all the scores were then reloaded back into the total score file all manually one by one with two laptops going at the same time. It was a pain in the arse but it had to be done, accurate scoring is important, we all agree.

So I apologize for the 2 1/2 hour delay, but I feel alot better knowing we got it right and wasn't going to do anything to the contrary of that.

Thanks again for coming, Mark... :cheers:

Pascal
07-14-2008, 7:02 AM
Thanks Spaniard for a great match. I think this match was the most challenging so far in terms of course of fire and competitors.

Was an odd match for me with a big Snafu to start with and had to play catch-up all the way but I had a great time and I've learned the lesson to never assume I have the last target and count them. Jason was in a similar situation (not a good first day) and did an amazing come back the second day and even won a trophy.

Nearly managed the best long shot at 600 yards, was only 2 pts from the match winner. Dammit, the guy is good.

Jason was awesome on the 100 yards, speed and efficiency.

It wasn't an easy match and lots of excellent shooters. Stages were very good. The only one I found a bit off was the squatted hostage shot which IMHO required more luck than skills. But hey, one guy managed 2 shots in the bad guy. Overall it was all good.

Many of the Saugus usual competitors did EXTREMELY well on this match. Ryan, Peter, etc...

Jicko
07-14-2008, 7:38 AM
Thanks Spaniard for a great match. I think this match was the most challenging so far in terms of course of fire and competitors.

And you got what you wanted.... "a chrono"......

Vu 308
07-14-2008, 8:07 AM

?! You do see Greg W and Marc Soulie correct? Round out the top 10 bud. 4 of out 10 were Nor Cals.

With Fred Sakai and Mike top 20. =)

Either way...any given sunday sh*t can happen. North Vs South will be fun and a tight race I think.

It was good meeting all the new faces and had a good time screwing off the whole time. Forgive us guys if we were a lil off. It was the the 2 gallons of coffee each morning to kick start us.

Good shooting Ryan and Pete. 20pts spread between 4 spots is a 2shot swing..nice and tight race which makes things fun.

Timberwolf
07-14-2008, 8:15 AM
?! You do see Greg W and Marc Soulie correct? Round out the top 10 bud. 4 of out 10 were Nor Cals.

Yeah I saw that but my prediction is that N/S is going to be neck and neck with no clear winner until the dust settle and the ink dries on the score card Sunday afternoon - good news is that it appears we'll have food at the range on the Sat of N/S as one of the local JROTC units is going to have a burger/dog stand at the range to raise money.

Vu 308
07-14-2008, 8:26 AM
Sweet...so bbq will be on Sunday?

Timberwolf
07-14-2008, 8:28 AM
Sweet...so bbq will be on Sunday?

Yep - the BBQ for N/S shooters will be Sunday afternoon after the match - the burgers and dogs on Sat are through the ROTC unit as a fund raiser

Vu 308
07-14-2008, 8:29 AM
nice....

wildcard
07-14-2008, 8:29 AM
Yep - the BBQ for N/S shooters will be Sunday afternoon after the match - the burgers and dogs on Sat are through the ROTC unit as a fund raiser

Good competition and good food. What more can we ask for. Of course we still got the big NorCal match coming up.. time to practice and break-in the rifle.

PistolPete75
07-14-2008, 8:31 AM
yep the norcal guys shot very well, and it was nice to meet all of them. i really like mike sakai. he is a super chill guy.

ar15barrels
07-14-2008, 8:31 AM
The only one I found a bit off was the squatted hostage shot which IMHO required more luck than skills. But hey, one guy managed 2 shots in the bad guy. Overall it was all good.

I say to keep bringing on the wacky stages. :)
I had a shot on the bad guy and another shot within 1/16" of the bad guy on the hostage target.
I won the offhand stage.
If only I had made the easy prone shots... :(

ar15barrels
07-14-2008, 8:33 AM
i really like mike sakai.

Perhaps you mean Fred Sakai or Mike Cecil?

PistolPete75
07-14-2008, 8:35 AM
fred sakai. yep your correct. the older asain guy.

grandslam
07-14-2008, 9:19 AM
Yeah its Fred Sakai. The whole weekend was a blast, even though I shot like crap. I guess that leaves me lots of room to improve. Nice meeting most of you guys, the next couple of matches should be a ton of fun. Jacob

rksimple
07-14-2008, 10:10 AM
I know a bunch of guys took good pictures. Let see 'em.

PistolPete75
07-14-2008, 10:43 AM
i know joe took alot of photos.

PistolPete75
07-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Vegas guys are fun to hang out with too. We should do a private, lowkey match with the norcal, vegas, and socal shooters. 2-guy teams, sounds great. hint, hint ryan.

We can even mix the teams up randomly. Norcal can shoot with socal, Vegas with Socal, Norcal with Vegas, etc.

ar15barrels
07-14-2008, 10:54 AM
We should do a private, lowkey match

That was a good way to keep it low key... ;)

Timberwolf
07-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Vegas guys are fun to hang out with too. We should do a private, lowkey match with the norcal, vegas, and socal shooters. 2-guy teams, sounds great. hint, hint ryan.

We can even mix the teams up randomly. Norcal can shoot with socal, Vegas with Socal, Norcal with Vegas, etc.

been done - Area 51

rksimple
07-14-2008, 11:04 AM
It may or may not happen...I guess I can't really say...there's a lot of variables...you know...wait, what were we talking about again?

rksimple
07-14-2008, 11:05 AM
been done - Area 51

Not even close to what we...I mean, um, nevermind.

PistolPete75
07-14-2008, 11:06 AM
We'll it's interesting to see how each team did well on certain stages. Norcal does very well on the f-class style shooting, long distance. Vegas kicks butt in movers and multi-shot stages. Socal, we just kind of do a little of everything depending on where we go. It'll be nice to mix it all together. Plus shooting with other peeps always give you more insight and you keep on learning.

Timberwolf
07-14-2008, 11:09 AM
What ever or when ever I'm open to partner just not between now and November - way too many irons in the fire until N/S and the hunting season rush are behind us.

CSTactical
07-14-2008, 1:29 PM
Mark,
Thank for the hard work you put into the match and what the RO's did!

The Prize Table was GREAT! Thanks to all the Sponsors!

The food was GREAT!

And one of the best things was seeing everyone while building a stronger competitive shooting community!

CSTactical
07-14-2008, 1:39 PM
Now to keep the Competitive Spirit a live:

That Is COOL good shooting!

Last year I won the fastest 200 hostage off the roof plus I was #10. The best thing of all was I did it with an Old School M40A1 308.

It sounds like N/S will be a fun one!

Vu 308
07-14-2008, 3:06 PM
Eh Frog...what's up with you asking Fred if he was my dad? Do all asians have to be related? So does that mean Pete and I are cousins or some sh*t?

Sakai/Pham? LOL WTF over?

Timberwolf
07-14-2008, 3:08 PM
So does that mean Pete and I are cousins or some sh*t?

Your not!?! :p

wildcard
07-14-2008, 3:14 PM
Eh Frog...what's up with you asking Fred if he was my dad? Do all asians have to be related? So does that mean Pete and I are cousins or some sh*t?

I had a good laugh when I saw him ask. The Frog just looked at me and was like "What? He could be his dad?" All us asians are brothers :)

Vu 308
07-14-2008, 3:19 PM
Man...fred told us in the car on the way home I was like WTF..Japanese...Vietnamese...ahhhhhhhhhhh ALL THE SAME.

Kind of like a French and Belgium guy I guess. LOL

Vu 308
07-14-2008, 3:19 PM
By the way boys I got a ton of pics. just gotta resize and upload.

wildcard
07-14-2008, 3:21 PM
Now to keep the Competitive Spirit a live:

That Is COOL good shooting!

Last year I won the fastest 200 hostage off the roof plus I was #10. The best thing of all was I did it with an Old School M40A1 308.

It sounds like N/S will be a fun one!

Sounds like a the fun event with a urban flare. I'm going to guess that this hostage shoot was nothing like the one we just went through. I probably still couldn't have done it if they doubled the time allowed. Wish I was into rifle shooting at the time so I could have made the other SCPRCs.

I can't wait for N vs. S. It'll be different than the other comps. Pride and representation is on the line for this one :) And of course.. bragging rights for a year.

Timberwolf
07-14-2008, 3:22 PM
I see no one's has mentioned it yet but did y'all have to hike up the gawd awful hill on Sunday morning as we have in the past?

wildcard
07-14-2008, 3:25 PM
I see no one's has mentioned it yet but did y'all have to hike up the gawd awful hill on Sunday morning as we have in the past?

Most of us did.. some hitched a ride. And one of us hiked it twice because he forgot to bring up his ammo! Ahem.. Peter.. ahem.

rksimple
07-14-2008, 3:28 PM
Most of us did.. some hitched a ride. And one of us hiked it twice because he forgot to bring up his ammo! Ahem.. Peter.. ahem.

And he still beat me on that stage! In retrospect, I should have done the sprint with him. It sure helped him out.

Novadesigns
07-14-2008, 3:40 PM
Wow, sounds like a great match. And the winner is my best friend Greg's brother! Pretty cool! :)

Timberwolf
07-14-2008, 3:41 PM
Just wondering - of all aspects of SCPRC I have to admit I hated that hill

PistolPete75
07-14-2008, 3:50 PM

Dude, I will never ever forget to bring ammo to a stage ever again. Did you see me sweating like a pig when I made it back? Live and learn.

ar15barrels
07-14-2008, 3:58 PM
does that mean Pete and I are cousins or some sh*t?

You know that family fights the hardest.
You guys have had your tumbles.
Maybe this explains it...

ar15barrels
07-14-2008, 4:01 PM
Just wondering - of all aspects of SCPRC I have to admit I hated that hill

I'm fatter than you and it did not get to me too bad.
It did get to me though.

The fine dust and bushes up there were more of a hassle than the walk getting there.

Timberwolf
07-14-2008, 4:04 PM
I'm fatter than you and it did not get to me too bad.
It did get to me though.

The fine dust and bushes up there were more of a hassle than the walk getting there.

I'm also a two pack a day smoker - that hill is one the few times I've ever cursed Savannah's weight

Pascal
07-14-2008, 4:12 PM
You saw you guys hanging around and I thought it may be the case just like me and my son (there was also another guy with his son). I didn't recall having met him before or maybe when I shot in Sacramento.

Great shooter though and cool inspiration. I wish to be that good when I'm 60!!!!!!!!!

Now, comparing French and Belgians, LOL!!! You just can't do that!

Although there is a difference with Belgians though (aside from the no surrendering part), they own Budweiser now!!!!! Mohaha, Mohahahaha, MOhahahahahahaha!!!!!! (Belgian Evil Laugh)

Soon, all of you will have to eat fries with mayonnaise!!!!!!!!! While drinking a Belgian Bud!!!!!!

Seriously, was nice to see u at the match and awesome shooting. Hope u get that action fixed, that rifle is awesome.

rksimple
07-14-2008, 4:13 PM
Up on the hill, the wasps that swarmed after the first relay went were worse than the hike. Two guys got stung just before their relay had to shoot.

Pascal
07-14-2008, 4:25 PM
Yeah, Poor Victor.

Got stung a few seconds before he had to shoot the cold bore! Timing really sucked!

Vu 308
07-14-2008, 4:47 PM
Always a pleasure froggie.

Going to miss having you at our match this year.

ar15barrels
07-14-2008, 8:56 PM
The frog, as found on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB1fgWCrWIs

Courtesy of LVshooter.

Pascal
07-14-2008, 9:16 PM
Gosh, As I said, lots to improve on my technique.

One round got stuck in the mag - too bad cause the grouping my subMOA at 300 yards and the timing was good.

BUt there is a lot of improvement to do!!!!!!!!!

U can see me going..."what the hell" on the last round and a nice "CLICK"

Oh well :)

The frog, as found on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB1fgWCrWIs

Courtesy of LVshooter.

lvshooter
07-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Great to shoot with you guys. See a lot of you soon at Vu's match.