PDA

View Full Version : Tactical match, Pala N. County San Diego CA. 07-27-08

Bigugly
07-12-2008, 7:43 AM
07-27-08 Tactical Match at Pala.

The July twenty seventh, 08 tactical match will require the fallowing items:

1. A bolt action or semi-auto precision rifle with a maximum of sixty rounds to be spent during the match.
2. A semi-auto pistol with at least two magazines. With a minimum of fifty rounds to be spent during the match. (We will adjust for the minimum capacity magazines as needed).
3. A pump action or semi-auto 12 Gauge shotgun. With a minimum of five rounds of slugs and ten rounds of OO-Buck shot. (We will adjust for the minimum capacity magazines as needed).

We will meet at the main firing line at 8:30am. For sign up, a safety meeting and a short rifle sight in period if needed before the match begins.

The match will start out in Cowboy town with the pistol, shotgun and some rifle targets. Then we may move in to the field for some rifle targets (depending on the temperature) then from there we will head back to the main covered firing line to finish up.

After the match the range will be open for practice until about 4:00 pm.

For further details see: http://www.ncsahighpower.com/guidelines.html

StraightShooter
07-12-2008, 9:08 AM
Wow, this would be awesome. Im gonna check my schedule. Do we need to reserve a spot or anything?

Prc329
07-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Wow, this should be interesting.

Bigugly
07-12-2008, 7:10 PM
Wow, this would be awesome. Im gonna check my schedule. Do we need to reserve a spot or anything?

No just show up. Remember you may only shoot with our club twice as a guest, then you must join.

See:http://www.ncsahighpower.com/membership.asp

We can prorate from July on $65.00.

Chase1
07-12-2008, 7:59 PM
Oh Crap, now I gotta go find a pump action

Jicko
07-15-2008, 9:59 AM
So... how much?

I couldn't never figure out...

Bigugly
07-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Ok let’s try this again.

North County Shootist Association (NCSA) leases the land from the Indians. The organization has several clubs that get designated days to use the range NCSAHP is one of those. Two of the clubs charge for an extra membership for maintenance of the targets and the extra work required, IPSC and NSCAHP.

The membership for only NCSA allows you to shoot most Mondays and Fridays as well as Varmint, Cowboy, Black powder, Lever action and several more, these clubs require you to set and paint your own targets and keep score. It will not include IPSC and NCSA High Power matches, these clubs set and score the course for you.

NCSA only membership is (I believe) is $45 for a twelve month period.

NCSAHP membership is $85 for a calendar (January to January) year, (prorated to $65 after June). This includes NCSA membership.

IPSC (I am not familiar how they work things)

NCSA High Power: http://www.ncsahighpower.com/index.asp
NCSA: http://www.ncsapala.com/

Does this help?

ar15barrels
07-15-2008, 12:42 PM
you may only shoot with our club twice as a guest, then you must join.

That's kind of a stupid rule.
It sure discourages out of town people from wanting to shoot any of your matches.
I have shot there once for a class.
So that means that if I shoot this match, I can never come back next year to shoot the CA 3gun series match without paying an annual membership?
F-that.

Bigugly
07-15-2008, 1:26 PM
Our club is not the one that holds the 3gun series. I think that might me IPSC or Santa Margirita? Like I said each club that uses the range has there own rules on membership, you may want to contact the people who hold that series.

Our club only does things with pistol and shotgun occasionally to break things up, we are primarily a precision rifle club.

ar15barrels
07-15-2008, 2:11 PM
Like I said each club that uses the range has there own rules on membership, you may want to contact the people who hold that series.

Our club only does things with pistol and shotgun occasionally to break things up, we are primarily a precision rifle club.

So it's a club policy not a range policy then.
Who keeps track of the number of times I have shot there?
Are they going to tell me when I try to sign-in for a match?

Bigugly
07-15-2008, 2:31 PM
I am a range officer for the NCSAHP club and therefore a member of NCSA. So I really only need to keep track of the NCSAHP guest list,

As far as the match NCSAHP club is having on the 27th. We keep records of who has shot as a guest and how many times, so if you came out when we held the novice rifle class a few months ago that counts as one. Keep in mind this is not a true three gun match, just something different for the members who typically shoot rifle most of the time.

As far as NCSA there no guest visits. First time out you must join.

The other clubs listed here: http://www.ncsapala.com/ on the left do things there own way.

ar15barrels
07-15-2008, 2:36 PM
I am a range officer for the NCSAHP club and therefore a member of NCSA. So I really only need to keep track of the NCSAHP guest list,

As far as the match NCSAHP club is having on the 27th. We keep records of who has shot as a guest and how many times, so if you came out when we held the novice rifle class a few months ago that counts as one.

How far back does this list go, 1 year?

If I sign in with a different name each time, I could shoot there a lot more than 2 times.

Bigugly
07-15-2008, 2:50 PM
I am an RSO there, I can not in any way condone what you are suggesting.

wildcard
07-15-2008, 2:52 PM
Haha. Randall is trying to work the system.

PistolPete75
07-15-2008, 2:54 PM
Haha. Randall is trying to work the system.

LOL.

ar15barrels
07-15-2008, 3:04 PM
I am an RSO there, I can not in any way condone what you are suggesting.

OK, my name is Jason Chan.
Look out for me.

Jicko
07-15-2008, 3:25 PM
Randall, the 2 times thing is just a NCSA High Power thing.

You can shoot IPSC as a non-member EVERYTIME.... you just have to pay the non-member price which is I think $10 or $15 more.... so, if you shoot with them more than like 3 times, then you will be ahead paying for membership.

$65 for the rest of the year (including NCSA membership isn't too bad of a thing). Altho, there is still a range fee everytime you come out to shoot.

PistolPete75
07-15-2008, 3:45 PM
OK, my name is Jason Chan.
Look out for me.

now that was real funny.

Bigugly
07-15-2008, 7:36 PM
This is just getting silly now.