PDA

View Full Version : Utah CCW - Possibly Early August???

rgs1975
07-12-2008, 7:37 AM
Interested in getting my Utah CCW.

Does anyone know of any classes being held after the one in Martinez today, obviously it's too late to sign up for that one lol.

Also, anyone know of locations in the north bay where one can take the course/test individually, without having to wait for a class?

rgs1975
07-12-2008, 7:43 AM
ps. I only plan on using the CCW in Nevada, go there quite often. But from what I've read by searching the forum it appears it makes more sense to get the Utah permit since it covers Nevada plus alot more and can be done in California.

IH8CALAWS
07-12-2008, 8:21 AM
I am also intereste in getting my Utah ccw. I will send John G. an e-mail to find out if he will be doing the class on the 26th.

IH8CALAWS
07-12-2008, 8:28 AM
just sent an email so I'll post here when he gets back to me.

Greg-Dawg
07-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Got mine:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Range%20Day/UTCCW.jpg

From...in Lehi, UT.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Range%20Day/Pentaxasof3-15-08045.jpg

Now I'm off to one of my reciprocity states!

Ironchef
07-12-2008, 3:09 PM
Fresh out of John G's UTAH CCW class and he is game for an early August class in the East Bay again. He will be joining the Calguns forums any time now and will likely orchestrate things where I cannot.

Also, he is willing to begin travelling throughout the state offering his services which is a great deal to us, and keeps him funded nicely too.

He offers a top notch class, thorough, methodical, he makes sure you learn, and he has you shoot so that he's satisfied with your ability to handle your gun. Great way to do a class, and of course he has the best fees I've seen which include prints and notarizing your application.

His Calguns account is named "ABC Firearms" if I'm not mistaken and he'll be on here soon. Otherwise, feel free to contact him about an August class here in Martinez and about performing his instruction elsewhere in the state.

John Geisness
925-998-7598
jjabc@earthlink.net <-- follow up on spam filter auto-reply

dwtt
07-12-2008, 3:59 PM
Fresh out of John G's UTAH CCW class and he is game for an early August class in the East Bay again.

Sooo, did you like the shooting "range" ?

wilit
07-12-2008, 4:02 PM
Just got out of the same class as Ironchef. John is well worth the money. Great class with lots of great information.

rgs1975
07-12-2008, 5:23 PM
I'd REALLY be interested in joining an early August course. Maybe this thread can morph into the official early August class thread haha.

What qualifications or requirements have to be met to be eligable to take this course? Have to have an HSC? Have to be a certain age?

Also, after completion of the course what is the average turn around time for you to actually receive your Utah CCW permit and be good to rock & roll?

jazman
07-12-2008, 5:35 PM
Just was in the same class this morning, really well done and a good time. I need to look into getting a range like that baby and put it in my driveway! Sweet. Good to meet all of the other cal gunners too, and looking forward to getting the Utah license down the road.

rgs1975
07-12-2008, 6:15 PM
I just sent John an email asking about a possilbe August class.

I'll update when I get a reply.

A'sDad
07-12-2008, 6:33 PM
I would be interested in an early August class.
I'll keep looking for a sign up.
Thanks

rgs1975
07-12-2008, 6:35 PM
Questoins:

Do you need a signed affidavit or any extra paperwork besides the actual Utah CCW to use your Utah CCW in Nevada?

Does Nevada honor a Utah CCW if the permit holder is not a resident of Utah?

Quiet
07-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Questoins:

Do you need a signed affidavit or any extra paperwork besides the actual Utah CCW to use your Utah CCW in Nevada?

Does Nevada honor a Utah CCW if the permit holder is not a resident of Utah?

No. You just need to carry your permit with you while carrying.

Yes. NV honors both resident & non-resident UT CCW permits.

Bree
07-13-2008, 7:31 AM
I would be interested in an early August class.
I'll keep looking for a sign up.
Thanks

+1, I would be interested as well. Thx

Ironchef
07-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Sooo, did you like the shooting "range" ?

Yeah, that was a pretty cool set up he has there. A cooled, well vented quiet shooting trailer! Wish I had one of those.

About an August class, John mentioned that because he'll be away in Thailand near the end half of August, he'd like the August class (whenever it is you all want to decide on) in the early half. I'd recommend the 2nd or 9th if you want to run that by him.

One note on "signing up." Just remember that this message board's threads on CCW classes is just for organizing such things, not actually confirming anything. For example, it's necessary to contact John, persistently if needed, to confirm a date, fees, group pricing, what to bring, etc. Posting such information in a thread AFTER making those arrangements and having additional interested persons likewise matriculate with him is then needed. In other words, just posting that you want to go and hoping someone will sign you up, won't happen. I think we may have lost some people in previous CCW threads because of that and I wanted to clear that up. EVERYONE should get their UTAH CCW who wants one..don't get left behind!! Just imagine...one day, CA may become SHALL ISSUE! Imagine CA accepting the Utah permit and you being ready to pack in CA while the masses are clogging the SO's of the state applying and waiting months and months for their CCWs while you're already armed and safe! Ok, it's a dream, but it COULD happen! If enough liberals (and the LGBT lobby) find the rational need to arm themselves for their own protection...bam!! Shall issue will almost likely follow!

rgs1975
07-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the info IC. I've emailed John and am anxiously awaiting his reply.

csmintel
07-13-2008, 1:55 PM
well sign me up. I'll be there in august 2nd or 9th. just need instruction on what and where.

308fan
07-13-2008, 5:12 PM
I am waiting for my Utah Instructor cert to get back to me in the mail. As soon as it comes in I'll be willing to travel around the northern half of the state teaching the Utah CCW. I'll keep you all informed.
308fan

rgs1975
07-16-2008, 7:43 AM
Still haven't heard back from him guys.

On a sad note I've been informed by the boss (wife) that I'm not available for either the weekend of the 2nd or the weekend of the 9th. So I'm out if any ends up materializing for that time period.

If he does reply to my email I'll post the info for you all here.

Ironchef
07-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Contact Matt P, who is a calgunner and is ready to give classes pretty much anywhere. His rates are the best we've seen here on CG and he's already organizing some Socal class(es) in other threads. If John G gets back to you, that's great, if not, and you're eager, PM Matt P.

Matt P
07-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks much Iron. This is also another fantastic endorsement, and I promise you, I will live up to my own hype! lol
Anyways, yes I am down to travel just about anywhere in the State as long as the class size makes it worthwhile.
I promise all the things I have typed in my other classes, for the same cheap rate.
As for making the class interesting and enjoyable? I will need to be on top form for you guys. After all, I am active on the forum here, and want to insure you feel good about the time we will spend together.

Just let me know if you want me to come. Again, I dont want to step on too many toes with my agressiveness in going after potential business.

Thanks very much for the shoutout again Iron...Cool.

Jeff.
07-16-2008, 3:13 PM
Any potential for a Sacramento class?

Matt P
07-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Hey Jeff, again, if no one wants to step up, I will be there.

No Cal gunner needs to beg me, I check these boards many times throughout the day.

I have plenty of apps/discs/photo paper, and will travel.

Like Iron and Rick has done, you just have to start a thread and build upon it. No worries, I will back your play!

IH8CALAWS
07-19-2008, 2:51 PM
Hey Jeff, again, if no one wants to step up, I will be there.

No Cal gunner needs to beg me, I check these boards many times throughout the day.

I have plenty of apps/discs/photo paper, and will travel.

Like Iron and Rick has done, you just have to start a thread and build upon it. No worries, I will back your play!

I would realy like to get this going so I can use my permit on my next Reno trip. Let's Set up a date that works for everyone, any time in August is good for me.

PonchoTA
07-19-2008, 6:04 PM
I would realy like to get this going so I can use my permit on my next Reno trip. Let's Set up a date that works for everyone, any time in August is good for me.

I'm hoping for an 8/2 date myself, I'll be in between business trips and will be able to attend this! :D

IH8CALAWS
07-19-2008, 6:12 PM
I have contacted Mat and he basicaly told me to get it going.I'm waiting to hear back with all the specifics and will get a poll thread going tonight or tomarow, as soon as I hear back from Mat.

PonchoTA
07-19-2008, 7:36 PM
I guess I should have clarified, I need a class closer to the Ventura area. Since I can't make the 7/26 that everybody else seems to be heading for, I hope I'm not going to be completely out of luck. :(

Julians4x4
07-19-2008, 11:07 PM
I guess I should have clarified, I need a class closer to the Ventura area. Since I can't make the 7/26 that everybody else seems to be heading for, I hope I'm not going to be completely out of luck. :(

Hey Poncho,
If you are unable to make it to the Santa Clarita class and there is enough interest in the Ventura area Mattp is willing to travel.
Julian

ravenbkp
07-28-2008, 1:19 PM
TAG

PonchoTA
07-28-2008, 1:45 PM
Hey Poncho,
If you are unable to make it to the Santa Clarita class and there is enough interest in the Ventura area Mattp is willing to travel.
Julian
I'll take a poll! Great idea, thanks Julian!

:cheers2:
Paul

doc66
07-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Ok,

Sorry for being the newbee. But what is Utah CCW? And why would someone from CA get a Utah CCW? We go to Lake Tahoe, Reno, NV, 6-8 times a year. Im still trying to gather enough information for my "good cause" statement for CCW application in San Joaquin Co.

Please educate me on this.

Thanks.

And again, sorry for being the newbee here.

Gunhacker
07-31-2008, 1:17 AM
Ok,

Sorry for being the newbee. But what is Utah CCW? And why would someone from CA get a Utah CCW? We go to Lake Tahoe, Reno, NV, 6-8 times a year. Im still trying to gather enough information for my "good cause" statement for CCW application in San Joaquin Co.

Please educate me on this.

Thanks.

And again, sorry for being the newbee here.

The Utah CCW permit is also honored in NV... and even being a non resident, it's easier to get than a California CCW as Utah is a "shall issue" state, so you do not need to come up with "good cause".

Since I'm in one of the Bay Area counties where I'd have a better chance of being elected President than being granted a concealed carry permit, getting a Utah CCW is the next best thing.

Matt P
07-31-2008, 3:13 AM
There you go guys. We like the Black and the Light Blue Areas.
White, is no good.

http://des.utah.gov/bci/images/states_cfp.gif