PDA

View Full Version : Sale of OLL Rifle

Cyclepath
07-11-2008, 7:51 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere but I did a search and couldn't find anything definitive.

I am trying to sell a complete OLL AR rifle but have been running into some issues. The buyer lives in another county about 3 hours from me. I was informed by my FFL that I can just send the AR to his FFL and his FFL can do the transfer to the buyer. However, I was informed by another FFL dealer that I must send the firearm from my FFL to his FFL. After this confusion, I called the DOJ and spoke to someone that stated the same - FFL to FFL. My FFL was pretty adamant that I can send the OLL rifle to the buyer's FFL to complete the transfer.

Ok, get's a little more complicated. I requested that my FFL send to his FFL just because of what the DOJ person told me. However, my FFL wants to only send the stripped lower (no buttstock, etc...) to the buyer's FFL and I send everything else directly to the buyer. Which means that I will need to disassemble the rifle and I am not sure if the buyer has the capability to reassemble it.

I tried researching on the DOJ website but could not find anything about private party to FFL transfer or whether or not it can be done. What is the correct way of completing this transaction in the simplest manner without the buyer\seller needing to meet up at a dealer to do a PPT transfer?

Thanks for any info.

sorensen440
07-11-2008, 7:58 PM
pull the two takedown pins and remove the stock if you can
its much easyer then sending it in once piece

I noticed your in the bay area
how much are you selling it for and is it a done deal?