PDA

View Full Version : Grrr... Someone Messed Up My Order

fireblast713
07-11-2008, 7:18 PM
So about a week ago I placed an order for 11 new magazines for one of my pistols. Today was the big day, and my order was finally delivered UPS Ground. I open up the box and check like I always do to make sure my whole order is there. I count... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10... and that's it. Humm maybe in my excitement I made a mistake... I count them again - still 10. I line them up in sets of 2's... only 5 even sets. I look under the box to make sure I didn't put one down - nope. I tear the box apart thinking maybe it's stuck in the flap or something - nope? Then I check the invoice to see if they maybe billed me for 10 - nope! WTF? Where's my extra magazine? I know 10 is a nice # and everything but how do you mistake 10 for 11, the numbers don't even look that similar! These things weren't cheap either... grr sometimes I hate ordering stuff on the internet. Oh this wasn't at Botach btw... it's kinda sad cuz at least if it was I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyways now I probably have to fight w/ some CSR about my magazine, hopefully it goes smoothly.

Update:
Found a scale... weighed my stuff - heaven help them when I call them tomorrow. CSR claims that 11 mags + packing weigh 4.0lbs which was the recorded weight by UPS. Scale measures in lb.oz

https://webfiles.uci.edu/wongjk/Pictures/packing_material_small.jpg

https://webfiles.uci.edu/wongjk/Pictures/one_mag_small.jpg

https://webfiles.uci.edu/wongjk/Pictures/10mags_and_packing_small.jpg

Saigon1965
07-11-2008, 7:38 PM
That's because it was your 666 post.

Just joshing you. Good luck with the claim on Monday.

cj1026
07-11-2008, 7:40 PM
I hate it when my orders get messed up. Drives me crazy. :banghead: Good luck on getting it all straighted out.

rtlltj
07-11-2008, 8:02 PM
That's because it was your 666 post.

Just joshing you. Good luck with the claim on Monday.

hehe I noticed the same thing

walter
07-11-2008, 9:27 PM
just tell them you received only 9 and that they should give you an extra one for your troubles. that way you get 2, one for your troubles and one for being smart

liberty08
07-11-2008, 9:32 PM
That's a lot of magazines for one pistol. I like the idea of that many mags!

JTROKS
07-11-2008, 9:50 PM
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-9-10-11, complete.
I too was a bit p-off with my last internet order. I thought I was getting a great deal on brand new 454 brass and upon inspection some of the brass are brown that I deemed corroded. So I emailed them and I was told it's not corrosion, but tarnish. You know, when I buy brass they should come out shiny. Oh! Well. Good luck on your claim.

fireblast713
07-12-2008, 3:54 AM
I didn't even realize the 666 post... that is pretty freaky actually. I just kinda want what I paid for, although it would be great CS if they did something nice to make up for their mistake... 11 mags is a lot but I got a good deal on them and there was never a time when I thought - "Damn I wish I had fewer mags." Anyways there will be some annoyed phone calls on Monday :)

ivanimal
07-12-2008, 10:28 AM
I am sure it was an honest mistake, I hate when they make a mistake and then make you feel like a thief for asking for your product.

I ordered 2 Leatherman waves once and they sent one and 2 leather sheaths. I called up and got a rude guy saying I might have thrown one away or some BS. I hung up on him and called back. I talked to another guy that was helpful and actually looked up the order and informed me it was on back order to expect it in 2-3 weeks!:eek: I said OK as I had other multi tools. 2 weeks later 2 Waves and 2 sheaths showed up.:confused: I called again and told them it was in their best interest to send me a return receipt envelope, the lady was really nice and gave me their FEDEX return account number. She told me to keep 1 sheath for my troubles and honesty.:)

fireblast713
07-15-2008, 1:01 AM
So I called them today... Paula at the warehouse told me that they shipped out 11 magazines, claiming the reported ship weight at UPS of 4.0lbs demonstrates this (these were 1911 magazines). She tells me that a mags w/ full packaging is 0.3lbs and that there were 11 of them shipped out so 3.3lbs + 0.7lbs of box, so she had me call UPS to file a claim that someone opened my packaged and removed a magazine prior to shipping. This I find hard to believe, why would someone only steal one magazine, furthermore my package didn't looked tampered with?

I think I'm going to try to weigh the 10 magazines, packaging, and box I received and see if it matches the 4.0lb ship weight. I'm not really happy w/ their service because they're kinda not shouldering the blame for it. Any suggestions? Anyone know a good way to accurately weigh a 1911 magazine (I don't have a postage scale :-/)?

JTROKS
07-15-2008, 2:42 AM
That's a crock of $#!+!!! What if the box was off it's weight or someone used newspaper instead of those plastic bubbles? I don't buy that at all. What company is this again?

SJgunguy24
07-15-2008, 2:54 AM
BURN THEM!!! BURN THE BASTARDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:82:

fireblast713
07-15-2008, 3:15 AM
I haven't posted a name because I'm hoping they'll make it right, if not I'll make sure every calgunner knows where not to spend their hard earned dollars:)

blackberg
07-15-2008, 7:38 AM
She didnt say they actually weighed the package, to me it seems that is what they assumed it weighed and thats what they entered into the system.:rolleyes:
UPS wont say anything if the package is off by a bit, especially if its less than what you paid for.

-blackberg

So I called them today... Paula at the warehouse told me that they shipped out 11 magazines, claiming the reported ship weight at UPS of 4.0lbs demonstrates this (these were 1911 magazines). She tells me that a mags w/ full packaging is 0.3lbs and that there were 11 of them shipped out so 3.3lbs + 0.7lbs of box, so she had me call UPS to file a claim that someone opened my packaged and removed a magazine prior to shipping. This I find hard to believe, why would someone only steal one magazine, furthermore my package didn't looked tampered with?

I think I'm going to try to weigh the 10 magazines, packaging, and box I received and see if it matches the 4.0lb ship weight. I'm not really happy w/ their service because they're kinda not shouldering the blame for it. Any suggestions? Anyone know a good way to accurately weigh a 1911 magazine (I don't have a postage scale :-/)?

sloguy
07-15-2008, 7:48 AM
just tell them you received only 9 and that they should give you an extra one for your troubles. that way you get 2, one for your troubles and one for being smart

how is your being dishonest ok because they made a mistake?

sloguy
07-15-2008, 8:01 AM

thats a lame excuse by whoever you bought from. call back and ask to speak with a supervisor and say what happened when you called the first time. if they give you a runaround ask for their supervisor. be nice, be polite but dont take any poo from them. did you pay with a credit card? do a chargeback if they dont make it right.

its so stupid that any business would hassle buyers like this over such a small item. specially today where the internet lets buyers make or break a business with word of mouth.

NIB
07-15-2008, 3:39 PM
Bull Sheet!!!!

Sounds like they shorted you and don't want to own up to it!

hd0642
07-15-2008, 4:05 PM
get your credit card company involved

IMC87
07-15-2008, 4:16 PM
I ordered 4 wolff springs for my magazines (from MIDWAYUSA) and received 3....called them up, and right away got a "we'll ship one more out to you today". Great customer care from them :p Just had to post :) Sorry to hear of your pain, i worry about this kinda stuff everytime i order online

NVR SRNDR
07-15-2008, 6:25 PM
get your credit card company involved

That's what I would suggest. If the company you bought it from doesn't own up to their mistake then go to your cc company. Tell them you didn't receive everything you were charged for and they can put a freeze on the payment.

Guns R Tools
07-15-2008, 11:19 PM
You can stop by any post office and weigh your magazine. Maybe put it in envelope for dark plastic bag first.

Most post office has self service type scale.

Or try grocery store, their scales are accurate.

fireblast713
07-16-2008, 3:52 AM
updated w/ pictures. Mags weigh 5.1oz, Packing stuff weighs 10.4oz, Everything weighs 3lb 15oz

ghost_ix
07-16-2008, 10:32 AM
I used to work for UPS and the Shipping & Receiving dept. at my old job. The weight on those UPS labels are rounded up to the nearest lb, so in a way, the 4 lbs. is correct. And while working at UPS, it was common to see a box weighing "10 lbs". But when you actually lift it, its more like 50. That being said, I hope you get your last mag.

bobnfloyd
07-16-2008, 3:18 PM
If you honestly did not receive 11 magazines (and I believe you) and you cannot get the company to send you the 11th one. Just call up whatever Credit Card company you used to purchase it and explain it to them and request a chargeback for the difference or the order (they will figure out which one it should/will be). Just tell the company that you would like them to fulfill the order correctly or you will file a chargeback with the credit card, and a complaint against them on the BBB in their state.

Since the company is giving you the runaround, you should just have them deal with the Multi-Billion dollar credit card company, who by policy in a he said/She said situation will almost always side with you. As soon as you file for a charge back, they will refund/recredit you the money until they determine through their investigation who is right. Basically they ask the company you purchased through to provide their case for proving that they sent everything within like 2-3 days. If it's He said/She said, you are very likely going to win.

The problem is neither one of you can actually prove one thing or another. In those cases the credit card almost always sides with you. Plus, you're only arguing about at max 1/11th of an order, they will think that it's highly probable that you are telling the truth.

The SoCal Gunner
07-16-2008, 3:20 PM
Was it Botach? They've got the best price I can find right now.

WhiteDingo
07-16-2008, 4:11 PM
so she had me call UPS to file a claim that someone opened my packaged and removed a magazine prior to shipping. This I find hard to believe, why would someone only steal one magazine, furthermore my package didn't looked tampered with?

Send them pictures of the box's tape seams, ask them if it looks tampered with....if someone opened the package, they'd have to put a second layer of tape to reseal it...

BroncoBob
07-16-2008, 5:20 PM
So I called them today... Paula at the warehouse told me that they shipped out 11 magazines, ]claiming the reported ship weight at UPS of 4.0lbs demonstrates this (these were 1911 magazines). She tells me that a mags w/ full packaging is 0.3lbs and that there were 11 of them shipped out so 3.3lbs + 0.7lbs of box, so she had me call UPS to file a claim[/SIZE] that someone opened my packaged and removed a magazine prior to shipping. This I find hard to believe, why would someone only steal one magazine, furthermore my package didn't looked tampered with?

Wait a minute they are verifying their count by weight? WTF your not buying jelly beans here. OH I know the guy packing it only had ten fingers... What a bunch of crap. Call and ask to a manager by pass a supervisor. Call your credit card company and file a compliant with them and let them know that you didn't receive what you where charge for.

hd0642
07-27-2008, 7:34 AM
so what happened with this?