PDA

View Full Version : here something i found while browsen

fullrearview
07-11-2008, 6:02 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/814829/posts

fullrearview
07-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Im new to law and its process but couldnt something like this be overturned after the heller decision? The CA sup. court ruled it was a collective right and that clearly is not the case anymore!

Ford8N
07-12-2008, 5:00 AM
So now that we have the SC ruling that the Second IS an individual right, I suspect that some folks here are going to make the Ninth eat their own words.:43:

The recent decision by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals concerning California's assault weapons ban will undoubtedly fuel the debate concerning the Second Amendment. The appellants in this case asserted: "the California Assault Weapons Control Act and its 1999 revisions violated their Second Amendment rights." In their opinion, the Court rejected this assertion "ecause the Second Amendment [b]does not confer an individual right to own or possess arms." Instead, the Court ruled: "the Second Amendment affords only a collective right to own or possess guns or other firearms." Since it is impossible to analyze these statements in a single article, this commentary will focus on another constitutional provision that invalidates every general assault weapons ban.

I strongly suggest that you donate the Calguns Foundation. Anything you could send would help the process along.;)

bwiese
07-12-2008, 11:49 AM
This was result of a buncha hooey associated with Gary Gorksi who nearly got us into a total disaster with Silviera. (It cost NRA a ton of $$/lawyer time just to get a moderately neutral result, and should not've been remotely attempted until *after* something like Heller.)

However, Reinhardt of the 9th has begrudgingly acknowledged (rough phrasing) that if the 2nd amendment is found to be an individual right, it would apply to California.

Incorporation first. It's already happening, and in the right places by The Right People.

fullrearview
07-12-2008, 6:15 PM
sweet! any more info? if I could get involved I would volunteer some time.

6172crew
07-12-2008, 6:43 PM
However, Reinhardt of the 9th has begrudgingly acknowledged (rough phrasing) that if the 2nd amendment is found to be an individual right, it would apply to California.

Incorporation first. It's already happening, and in the right places by The Right People.

Whats are chances Bill?

tygerpaw
07-12-2008, 8:21 PM
I'm glad I kept my M14 USGI Flash suppressor that I got from the CMP (oh yeah, for $60, with front sight and castle nut!).... I believe that in the next couple of years, my M1A will wear it proudly without my fearing going to prison for being in posession of such a dangerous weapon :p.

ivanimal
07-12-2008, 8:53 PM
Whats are chances Bill?

Much better post Heller. ;)

thedrickel
07-12-2008, 9:11 PM
I'm glad I kept my M14 USGI Flash suppressor that I got from the CMP (oh yeah, for $60, with front sight and castle nut!).... I believe that in the next couple of years, my M1A will wear it proudly without my fearing going to prison for being in posession of such a dangerous weapon :p.

Some of us kept all the parts that came with our surplus kits. And I do mean ALL ;). I fully expect to use them in 5-7 years. Maybe sooner with a tax stamp.