PDA

View Full Version : Poof! Its gone!

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 8:12 PM
It was all a dream! A horrible dream!:eek:

Saigon1965
07-10-2008, 8:20 PM
"Lawyer asked to meet in chambers, and he agreed. DA, Judge, and my Lawyer met for about 5 minutes. Came back out, Judge called recess for lunch and to be back in 1.5 hours. Lawyer said if I had any money. I said for what, I paid you. He said not for me, for DA and Judge What!
Said I needed 5k cash, and he would drop charges... Well, we hit the bank...

Came back, they met in chambers again. 3k to Judge, 2K to DA, charges dropped/ reduced to disturbing the peace ticket (infraction), pay fee to victims restitution fund, and 'volentary forefiture of firearm'!!! (Here ya go judge) Either that, or take it to trial $$$$$$ and fight the original 6 counts."

Wtf over?

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 8:25 PM
Wtf over?

I dont know. Thats what it took, thats what I did. BS i know, but I felt cornered. What can i do. If fought it, trial and all, it would have costed me some bux with no real guarantees.

mecam
07-10-2008, 8:27 PM
Lawyer said if I had any money. I said for what, I paid you. He said not for me, for DA and Judge:eek: What!
Said I needed 5k cash, and he would drop charges... Well, we hit the bank...
Came back, they met in chambers again. 3k to Judge, 2K to DA, charges dropped/ reduced to disturbing the peace ticket (infraction), pay fee to victims restitution fund, and 'volentary forefiture of firearm'!!! (Here ya go judge) Either that, or take it to trial $$$$$$ and fight the original 6 counts.

WTF? :confused:

Sobriquet
07-10-2008, 8:27 PM
You paid $5000 in bribes to a sitting judge and the DA? And your lawyer witnessed this?

Here in CA?

Call the State Bar of California and the FBI. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Your attorney better act as a witness.

Next time, STFU and get counsel right away. You waived your rights by consenting to the search.

You're a senior member and have a lot of posts, but I find this entire thing to be too incredible to believe.

69Mach1
07-10-2008, 8:29 PM
What the hell. Sounds like you lived through a nightmare. Falsifying police reports and bribery (?).

mecam
07-10-2008, 8:30 PM
You're a senior member and have a lot of posts, but I find this entire thing to be too incredible to believe.

I agree, the story seems so unreal. It's like a script from a movie or something. They freaking played you man....

AngelDecoys
07-10-2008, 8:31 PM
Sorry for your losses, happy for the priceless items. Time to follow-up. If I'm not mistaken judges and DA'a have to re-elected. I would think this might make a great story for the local TV, and the papers.

This isn't south of the border. Corruption should not be tolerated.

Pour cement along the freeway? You need a weblink and the url on signs and on your truck pronto.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
http://www.learner.org/channel/courses/amerhistory/images/archive/full/1895_fs.jpg

Crazed_SS
I dont think he means he bribed the judged, It sounds like the 5k was some kinda fine to me. Story sounds very believable to me.

Remember that line in Training Day, "We the police, we can do whatever the f--- we want"

It's pretty much true.. they're writing the report, they're the ones stating the facts of the incident. It's your word against "5 proven decorated officers" .. That's why I err on the side of caution when it comes to dealing with LE. If they want, they all but ruin you on trumped up charges or outright lies.

mecam
07-10-2008, 8:33 PM
I also think your Attorney got a cut since he is friends with the DA and Judge. How can they charge you with drunk driving if they didn't do any testing? You should've hired Chuck Michel.

Sobriquet
07-10-2008, 8:35 PM
By the way... you never told us why you were stopped by half of the police in Southern California without so much as rolling through a stop sign. Why did they initiate the felony stop to begin with?

If this is in any way true... I'd be looking for a better lawyer than the one you had, file suit for malpractice, and start seriously going after both the DA and that judge with a civil suit and a criminal investigation.

Wyatt
07-10-2008, 8:36 PM
Sounds like a horrible situation to me, I can understand your cooperation under duress. I agree with Sobriquet, call the state bar, sounds like bribes as you describe it.

Crazed_SS
07-10-2008, 8:37 PM
Ofcourse... this type of shiet doesnt happen:rolleyes:
Ever heard of Mike Corona... the *ex* OC Sheriff and what he's going thru? GOOGLE my friend. Dont be so naieve (sp)

Wait.. so you actually had to pay 5k in bribes that went into the pocket of the DA and Judge? :confused:

Still believable.. reminds me again of Training Day, "You wanna go home or you wanna go to jail?"

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 8:38 PM
I dont think he means he bribed the judged, It sounds like the 5k was some kinda fine to me. Story sounds very believable to me.

Remember that line in Training Day, "We the police, we can do whatever the f--- we want"

It's pretty much true.. they're writing the report, they're the ones stating the facts of the incident. It's your word against "5 proven decorated officers" .. That's why I err on the side of caution when it comes to dealing with LE. If they want, they all but ruin you on trumped up charges or outright lies.

Yesss sirrrrr!

Sobriquet
07-10-2008, 8:39 PM
Ofcourse... this type of shiet doesnt happen:rolleyes:
Ever heard of Mike Corona... the *ex* OC Sheriff and what he's going thru? GOOGLE my friend. Dont be so naieve (sp)

It doesn't happen when you properly exercise your rights and then secure competent counsel. Even if the judge was corrupt, there's a thing called appeal. I've never heard of a story where more incorrect choices were made.

I'm sorry... but until we see some sort of documentation or vouching by some Calgun people.. I'm calling BS.

If this weren't BS, you should be sitting in a federal building or another attorney's office right now.

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 8:39 PM
Wait.. so you actually had to pay 5k in bribes that went into the pocket of the DA and Judge? :confused:

Still believable.. reminds me again of Training Day, "You wanna go home or you wanna go to jail?"

5K cash homie!

bwiese
07-10-2008, 8:42 PM
If this is true (and I do have some doubts), it sure as hell means you've committed a crime too - bribing public officials. Sounds like your lawyer was a coconspirator and thus witness too - in addition to possible malpractice issues (why'd he countenance a bribe, when it was a defendable case - unless there's more than you're telling us on your side?)

Given who reads these forums, this could end up snowballing - you should talk to a real lawyer since your arse could end up in a very complex situation (to put it mildly).

If you told me this involved contract LE in areas around Cudahy, I might believe it - but LA/DA & LA judge, highly unlikely.

Remember, if a judge or DA wants to make more money, and has any talent at all, he can just go into private practice.

Sobriquet

This isn't the movies - nor is this a time for bravado. If the man seriously was just coerced into paying bribes by a sitting judge and DA, this is a very serious matter. Much more so than any of the relatively minor open-carry stops frequently discussed here.

5150Marcelo
Sounds like a horrible situation to me, I can understand your cooperation under duress. I agree with Sobriquet, call the state bar, sounds like bribes as you describe it.

They were bribes! No if, ands or buts. It is what it is. I just cant afford the lengthy road of fighting it and missing work and paying lawyers. I took the cheaper route at the time, and I needed to save my clean record. I was applying for a job with DOD at the time. During this drama, I got a letter saying that I coudnt be hired at the time cuz of a hiring freeze. :rolleyes:
Hmmm, my buddy got in without a prob. We applied at the same time, and he's WAYYYYYY stupider the I am:p

tyrist
07-10-2008, 8:44 PM
Complete BS

Matt C
07-10-2008, 8:46 PM
Was this Mexico or the US? I mean, things are bad, but...wow. I don't know how to respond to this one... Why would they even stop you? Bribes? WTF?

Crazed_SS
07-10-2008, 8:48 PM
Complete BS

This is EXACTLY why it could have happened the way he says.
The first reaction anyone would have to a story like this is, "Complete BS!"
Lying cops, corrupt DA and Judge demanding bribes.. Who would even believe such a thing?

Maybe I've watched Training Day too many times :)

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 8:48 PM
I also think your Attorney got a cut since he is friends with the DA and Judge. How can they charge you with drunk driving if they didn't do any testing? You should've hired Chuck Michel.

They didnt charge me with drunk driving. We asked how come I wasnt given a sobriety check at the time if the report said I was drunk?... since I WAS driving. (I was SOBER 100%) They just didnt wanna hear it. Remember, this was all at my arraignment, not trial.

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 8:50 PM
It doesn't happen when you properly exercise your rights and then secure competent counsel. Even if the judge was corrupt, there's a thing called appeal. I've never heard of a story where more incorrect choices were made.

I'm sorry... but until we see some sort of documentation or vouching by some Calgun people.. I'm calling BS.

If this weren't BS, you should be sitting in a federal building or another attorney's office right now.

lol... come on bro. I wanted to get rid of them just as fast as they wanted to ring me out. Call what you want. I wont lose sleep tonight if you dont believe it.:sleeping:

Hopi
07-10-2008, 8:50 PM
Lying cops, corrupt DA and Judge demanding bribes.. Who would even believe such a thing?

It's much harder to suspend disbelief in the real world.

Matt C
07-10-2008, 8:51 PM
What was the court case number?

Sobriquet
07-10-2008, 8:53 PM
lol... come on bro. I wanted to get rid of them just as fast as they wanted to ring me out. Call what you want. I wont lose sleep tonight if you dont believe it.:sleeping:

I'm glad to hear that - because I don't believe a word of it. Not without something more.

There is absolutely no way an honest citizen of the United States, having committed no crime, would pay $5,000 in bribes to a sitting judge and the DA without seeking SOME assistance after the fact from the federal government.

mecam
07-10-2008, 8:55 PM
Dude, if this is how it really went, you just freaking bent over and spread them cheeks wide open. :no: Come on man, you should've known better than that. :mad:

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 8:55 PM
If this is true (and I do have some doubts), it sure as hell means you've committed a crime too - bribing public officials. Sounds like your lawyer was a coconspirator and thus witness too - in addition to possible malpractice issues (why'd he countenance a bribe, when it was a defendable case - unless there's more than you're telling us on your side?)

Given who reads these forums, this could end up snowballing - you should talk to a real lawyer since your arse could end up in a very complex situation (to put it mildly).

If you told me this involved contract LE in areas around Cudahy, I might believe it - but LA/DA & LA judge, highly unlikely.

Remember, if a judge or DA wants to make more money, and has any talent at all, he can just go into private practice.

Snowball away! See if you can get my DE back!:D

CitaDeL
07-10-2008, 8:59 PM
Ugh-

Everything that could go wrong, did.

Falsely arrested and charged for loaded weapon (12031) even when loaded magazines are not a 'firearm' and they were also not "attached" to the firearm. Insofar as I am aware, the subject was not a felon or a criminal gangmember at the time of the police contact- and therefore does not meet the definition of "loaded" as found in other sections of the penal code.

Then falsely convicted by a moron that cannot read or comprehend the English language in the pertinent code who has a vendetta against gun owners participating in otherwise lawful activity .

Then deprived of property without compensation in violation of the U.S. Constitution. Yes, the State owes you for taking your private property...

Then this is compounded by a payoff to keep you out of jail and your rights further violated.

Forgive me while I stifle the urge to hurl.

Hopi
07-10-2008, 8:59 PM
Snowball away! See if you can get my DE back!:D

You know, if you had brought this to the forums attention when it was happening, assuming the timeline is inline with your membership here, the community would have rallied around the cause.

If you were otherwise innocent and there were no complicating issues, the "right people" could have done the job and probably gotten your firearm back.

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 9:00 PM

Remember that crooked Ortiz cop from LAPD? There was a ring of them. If its on the outside of courts, why not the inside?

tombinghamthegreat
07-10-2008, 9:03 PM
i wonder if this is true? I am not suprised over the BS charges they pressed but the last part seems a bit fishy. If its true it sounds like your attorney was looking for a plea bargin or bribe. So as a side question if a calgunner is arrested for a firearm related charge would it be wise to post it here to get support or advise to avoid being pushed into a corner by the oppressive legal system?

USN CHIEF
07-10-2008, 9:03 PM
You said this happened back in 2002 right?

mecam
07-10-2008, 9:06 PM

Training Day did happen in Oakland, called the "Rider's Case". ;)

Wyatt
07-10-2008, 9:06 PM
to what gain would anyone have to fabricate such a story?

Santa Cruz Armory
07-10-2008, 9:09 PM
Case # and city/ county it occurred in, Judges name, Attorneys name, officers names...

What happened to your passenger? was he cited?

This story STINKS to high heaven. If this is real, I'd be on the horn to Chuck Michaels before the next episode of Cops is over!

If it's legit, offer up some proof... thats not asking too much is it?

ViPER395
07-10-2008, 9:11 PM
<tag>

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 9:14 PM
You know, if you had brought this to the forums attention when it was happening, assuming the timeline is inline with your membership here, the community would have rallied around the cause.

If you were otherwise innocent and there were no complicating issues, the "right people" could have done the job and probably gotten your firearm back.

I wish I could have and I would have if someone was willing to put up the money and sponsore me in the meantime to pursue legal action. I just didnt have that kinda funds and to find a lawyer to run the whole way thru.... good luck. Some of you are reading what I wrote and say its BS. How the HELL do you think most lawyers will react when I come at them with this.
Yes, I lost my DE, money, and a little bit of pride. Nothing that cant be replaced.
I have made hundreds of thousands of dollars at work from 2002 to date, I got my little bit of lost pride back when I walked out a free man and dropped a G on my Benelli on the way home, and I now have another DE. I have had NO contact with the law since then and I dont plan on it... not for loaded magz either.
Some of you guys think that this doesnt happen! Corruption wouldnt even be an actual word if it didnt.

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 9:14 PM

yes

buff_01
07-10-2008, 9:17 PM
I'm sorry but I can't believe this happened! But why even make stuff like this up? I don't know what else to say...

SteveH
07-10-2008, 9:18 PM
Crazy.

Should have fought it and sued for false arrest for the second arrest. you can't be cited and released on your written promise to appear then rearrested on the same charge absent a warrant.

Bribery. False police report. Arrested twice for same offense. You expect that kind of thing in the deep south not orange county or LA county.

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 9:21 PM
Case # and city/ county it occurred in, Judges name, Attorneys name, officers names...

What happened to your passenger? was he cited?

This story STINKS to high heaven. If this is real, I'd be on the horn to Chuck Michaels before the next episode of Cops is over!

If it's legit, offer up some proof... thats not asking too much is it?

dude, its over 6 years old... let it go!

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 9:23 PM
Crazy.

Should have fought it and sued for false arrest for the second arrest. you can't be cited and released on your written promise to appear then rearrested on the same charge absent a warrant.

Bribery. False police report. Arrested twice for same offense. You expect that kind of thing in the deep south not orange county or LA county.

Thats what my lawyer said. He said that when I answered, just to say I was out of town and we'll see eachother in court.
NOW I KNOW!:rolleyes:

ProlificARProspect
07-10-2008, 9:28 PM
Marcelo I believe every word of this. Let my guess you were in Taco San Pedro right? Hawaiian Gardens its a own story in its self and this does happen all the time in that town. The cop your were referring to is Officer Ortiz from the LASD. This was an injustice your were at wrong place at the wrong time.

outersquare
07-10-2008, 9:33 PM
if this story was indeed true, is it possible to bring charges against the DA/judge after 6 years?

Saigon1965
07-10-2008, 9:34 PM
Marcelo I believe every word of this. Let my guess you were in Taco San Pedro right? Hawaiian Gardens its a own story in its self and this does happen all the time in that town. The cop your were referring to is Officer Ortiz from the LASD. This was an injustice your were at wrong place at the wrong time.

Please elaborate.

I worked in Oakland back in the 80's and man the Oakland Housing Authority that was running the show was just like this. I am glad they cleaned it up.

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 9:34 PM

DAMN!!!!! I WAS at TSP, HOW THE HELL DID YOU KNOW! LOL The fight went down right before we got there at Adelitas... next door.

The cop, however, was not Ortiz. I was using him as an example that there are crooked cops out there. The a-hole i dealt with was a rookie.

Glock30
07-10-2008, 9:36 PM

I was about to say, am I the only one who can see that this happened 6 years ago? I mean seriously.

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 9:36 PM
DAMN!!!!! I WAS at TSP, HOW THE HELL DID YOU KNOW! LOL The fight went down right before we got there at Adelitas... next door.

The cop, however, was not Ortiz. I was using him as an example that there are crooked cops out there. The a-hole i dealt with was a rookie.

Yes, that crap happens alot. Rememer when HG got their own PD. That got shut down in a heartbeat because of this. Hmmmm.... ??? Does this REALLY happen?

Linh
07-10-2008, 9:37 PM
You should have called IA (Internal Affairs) or FBI or somebody.

I can see this happening in Mexico but America? But yeah I totally agree this is really hard to believe I mean there are corrupt cops out there but 5 or 6 together???

This something like this happened to me, I'll be calling the "right" people and things will be investigated.

You don't seem that pissed off, I would still be pissed off even after 6 years that's some serious corruption. I mean I get treated better by the mexican cops then how you got treated.

5150Marcelo
I was about to say, am I the only one who can see that this happened 6 years ago? I mean seriously.

I knew I posted that... thanks for noticing!

Sam1
I got pulled over about two years ago by a deputy from LASD, got a citation for unsafe lane change(patrol car was blocking the right side lane because he was handing out another ticket and I didn't signal) so I'm sitting there and 20 mins pass and I asked the deputy if he could stop chit chatting with his buds and just write me the ticket! they then added speeding and no seat belt to my citation and he still asked me if I wanted him to find anything else to add! when I went to pay for it(and fight it) the guy told me that the ticket wasn't on record because the cop didn't put a date on when to appear in court haha

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 9:38 PM
You should have called IA (Internal Affairs) or FBI or somebody.

I can see this happening in Mexico but America? But yeah I totally agree this is really hard to believe I mean there are corrupt cops out there but 5 or 6 together???

This something like this happened to me, I'll be calling the "right" people and things will be investigated.

I knew a guy that was an Ombudsman (sp). He was involved in shuttin down HGPD. I didnt have a contact number for him at the time.

Glock30
07-10-2008, 9:38 PM
I knew I posted that... thanks for noticing!

lol seriously. WTF you should be in jail if this just happened!!!!

jacques
07-10-2008, 9:39 PM
I have heard much worse stories of LA PD and the system. From more than one LEO retired and working somewhere else. Worse than bribes by far.

LA is no sin free city that is for sure. I believe there is a much more corrupt system in LA and other big cities than any rural towns in the US. It is engrained.

I would say this story is totally believable. This whole thing started in another thread. People were asking Marcelo, "so what's the story?" So he told it. Now, why would he make it up if he could have just said, "don't wanna talk about it", or "Not appropriate forum to post stuff like this".

So he posted his story. So by doing that, don't you think if you had all that time to think about it, and were making it up, you could of come up with something else?

They just took him for a poor scared sod and reamed him.

ProlificARProspect
07-10-2008, 9:40 PM
ya I know you were not referring to Ortiz, People this does happen here in the USA. I once saw a Gang member Beat up a COP in HG for a good 5 minutes, cop was fighting for his life could not really defend himself because he was holding his gun to his holster. Anyways no news of this outside that city. back up did eventually come with about 20 cruisers. This happen in front of a School.

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 9:41 PM
lol seriously. WTF you should be in jail if this just happened!!!!

lol... not really. Id be at BofA pulling out 5Gs!;)

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 9:46 PM
They just took him for a poor scared sod and reamed him.

:yes:

AJAX22
07-10-2008, 9:47 PM
This would be an easy story to confirm... I don't know why he'd make it up.

Banks keep records (5k will definitly show up as unusual transaction)

The case will have a valid number....

There will be a 4473 form from the benelli that was drosed that day

I can't see anyone making this up just for kicks.

And I've heard of worse stuff. This all boils down to a he-said she-said kind of thing.

A judge and a DA will be alot more credible than some random guy.

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 9:50 PM
ya I know you were not referring to Ortiz, People this does happen here in the USA. I once saw a Gang member Beat up a COP in HG for a good 5 minutes, cop was fighting for his life could not really defend himself because he was holding his gun to his holster. Anyways no news of this outside that city. back up did eventually come with about 20 cruisers. This happen in front of a School.

In the late 80's and 90's they wouldnt even enter in HG without 3+ cruisers. 224th street, Brittian St, 223rd st, and all the dead ends where a no go area for cops.
They recently opened up all the dead ends so the cops have a way out when patrolling that city now. HG is bad, but not like the 80's/90's!

ProlificARProspect
07-10-2008, 9:56 PM
In the late 80's and 90's they wouldnt even enter in HG without 3+ cruisers. 224th street, Brittian St, 223rd st, and all the dead ends where a no go area for cops.
They recently opened up all the dead ends so the cops have a way out when patrolling that city now. HG is bad, but not like the 80's/90's!

Bottom line this is why we are here, HG is what it is, and if we dont check the Government. Every city will be like this were no Justice prevails, thugs are protected from law enforcement and law enforcement is not liable or accountable to no one. The best way to keep the balances in check is the 2nd amendment and to never let this happen again.

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 9:56 PM
A judge and a DA will be alot more credible than some typical bald headed young *drunk* mexican guy who got pulled over and arrested at 1 am in Hawaiian Gardens with a *loaded* large caliber *concealed* firearm .

Thats more like it, and thats why I took the deal...5K and all. It just didnt look good on the police report.

ChibiPaw
07-10-2008, 9:58 PM
The general formula of this sort of stuff is actuarially very common. I , and a few other friends have had a couple of traffic tickets that pretty much went the same routine. Except not quite as extreme as OP's story. nonetheless it's all the same replace the gun with other excuses such a a broken tail light or speeding, etc.

There's really too category. First, if you really have committed something, then you're in real trouble. In this and most cases, it's just a reverse lottery. When it's summed up, all they want is your money. Scare tactics are used, then at the end they'll pretty much always will make you an offer of giving them a bribe, and they'll drop the charges or changes to some insignificant charges.

I've actuarially made a comment in my last ordeal with the traffic court that it sure seem like: We dont care what you do. Just give us X amount of $, and we'll see you good day. Isn't that just extortion?

They clerk made an uncomfortable noise and asked me if I would pay. "It'll make everyone's lives a lot easier". Since the price wasn't THAT crazy, I'd opted to pay just so that I can go on with my life.

Oh yes, one other time they gave me a traffic speeding ticket.. Turns out it wasn't even a normal speeding ticket.. It was some sort of a local ordinance, not a a moving violation. "Just pay it and go, this ticket does
not accumulate points."

Now, just to make sure nobody thinks Im a crazy maniac on the road, these things happened over the course of the last 10yrs. One was speeding, the other was "an improper stop".. Whatever that supposed to mean, neither were a DMV moving violation.

sorensen440
07-10-2008, 10:02 PM
you got railroaded and Im sorry to hear that
it sounds to me thought that this had nothing to do with having a loaded magazine locked up with it and more to do with the arresting officer lieing and saying your gun was loaded

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
They clerk made an uncomfortable noise and asked me if I would pay. "It'll make everyone's lives a lot easier". Since the price wasn't THAT crazy, I'd opted to pay just so that I can go on with my life.

Exactly!

Sobriquet
It's a hell of a logical leap from paying a traffic ticket to bribing a sitting judge and DA.

If you guys want to congratulate him for what he did (or didn't do), go ahead. I'm done with this thread.

Next time don't waive your rights at each possible opportunity.

5150Marcelo
you got railroaded and Im sorry to hear that
it sounds to me thought that this had nothing to do with having a loaded magazine locked up with it and more to do with the arresting officer lieing and saying your gun was loaded

True, but I won ever chance it

bigdave1121
07-10-2008, 10:10 PM
WTF?

That's a crazy-*** story...

ChibiPaw
07-10-2008, 10:11 PM
This is a really confusing thread!

Linh
07-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Do you have two of these days off Wed, Thur and or Friday??? Plus your personality is changing???

Cause I'm startin to think you had too much to drink. It's been 6 years and you must have missed a few important details.

There are corrupt DA out there but there are easier ways to make a lot more money. Then to risk it with 5k.

sorensen440
07-10-2008, 10:12 PM
True, but I won ever chance it

It sounds to me like the same thing would have happend even if you had your magazines stored separatly
if there going to lie there gonna lie

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Do you have two of these days off Wed, Thur and or Friday???

Cause I'm startin to think you had too much to drink.

There are corrupt DA out there but there are easier ways to make a lot more money. Then to risk it with 5k.

I dont know. Thats what it took. quick 2 and 3gs. Why not?

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 10:14 PM
It sounds to me like the same thing would have happend even if you had your magazines stored separatly
if there going to lie there gonna lie

Maybe... just hatin on a player I guess:cool2:

Linh
This is a really confusing thread!

Yeah it gets weird. I read all 10 pages. Sounds like the outer limit or something.

bigdave1121
Do you remember the judge or DA's name?

Hopi
07-10-2008, 10:15 PM

Conference call? :D

Linh
07-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Maybe... just hatin on a player I guess:cool2:

What type of vehicle were you drivin since you're such a player?

grammaton76
07-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Ok, folks, as interesting as it's been, it's getting personal here and it's time to hose out the thread.

I'm locking it, deleting the various digs on both sides, and then folks can either resume discussion without the attacks, or the thread is GONE. Everybody got it?

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
were back.!

Linh
07-10-2008, 10:40 PM
I would like a Police officer or a lawyers opinion on this thread.

bigdave1121
07-10-2008, 10:41 PM

My question still stands Marcelo...

grammaton76
07-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Ok, thread's back open. Refrain from personal attacks (questioning stuff, asking for specifics is ok - going into attacks isn't) and from taunting folks over reading comprehension, etc. Both have been going on from both sides.

You'll notice I also deleted a bunch of posts which were simply expressing confusion over what everyone else was talking about... given that they were related to the flame war / thread derailment, it made no sense to keep 'em.

Saigon1965
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Damm, have to read from the top again.

ViPER395
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM
As someone else asked-- What, if anything, could be done about this situation 6 years later and taking to task those responsible?

JDoe
07-10-2008, 10:43 PM
5150marcelo did you see, with your own eyes, the Judge and D.A. take the money or were you relying on what your attorney told you?

If you were relying on what your attorney told you, is there a chance that your attorney lied to you, kept the 5k for himself and the Judge and D.A. knew nothing of the 5k?

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
My question still stands Marcelo...

The DA... that day was his last. He retired after that day. He was an oooold man. I have his name on paper work...but cant remember off the top of my head.
The judge on the other hand, actually wasnt a judge. He was a commissioner. I DO REMEMBER HIS NAME WELL!

You know what the difference is between a judge and a commissioner?

jerryg1776
07-10-2008, 10:45 PM
OK the thread is back. After all that reading I guess I get to put in my 2 cents finally. I feel less ripped off that way!

Anyone consider that his attorney actually might have known that the charges would be "kicked" and may have juts been trying to get an extra 5K since it was not going to go to court? The attorney could have kept the 5k - how well do you know the attorney you hired. Whats his name and bar number - go see if there are any complaints in him.

I can see the police adding charges - its pretty easy to do and (look at BWO's case - they piled it high and deep on him even about credit card fraud because they just thought it might be something to add for leverage against him IIRC).

I have trouble seeing a sitting judge and an ADA taking chump change as bribes. I cans ee your atty doing this tho.

Army
07-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Nope. Just don't see it. Too much piled on too fast, and now suddenly the judge becomes a commissioner.

I call shenanigans also.

Synergy
07-10-2008, 10:49 PM
I find this strange- Even LAPD doesn't roll up stealth with patrol, metro, and a bird for a gun in the car.

I question...you didn't have the cash for a good lawyer, but at the drop of a hat you pulled 5 G's cash out to pay a bribe....

As many have asked:

Please give us a case number, lawyers, DDA, Judges name. This would put the naysayers to rest.

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 10:51 PM
OK the thread is back. After all that reading I guess I get to put in my 2 cents finally. I feel less ripped off that way!

Anyone consider that his attorney actually might have known that the charges would be "kicked" and may have juts been trying to get an extra 5K since it was not going to go to court? The attorney could have kept the 5k - how well do you know the attorney you hired. Whats his name and bar number - go see if there are any complaints in him.

I can see the police adding charges - its pretty easy to do and (look at BWO's case - they piled it high and deep on him even about credit card fraud because they just thought it might be something to add for leverage against him IIRC).

I have trouble seeing a sitting judge and an ADA taking chump change as bribes. I cans ee your atty doing this tho.

True, but look at it this way. I doubt the lawyer kept the cash. Why not make the deal to reduce/drop to a disturbing the peace infraction BEFORE money was exchanged. Why only after? I dont know. I believed it. My lawyer was very upfront with me before and after court. I just look at it like it was quick, and easy, and realisticly, 5k wont attract that much attention, not the the hundreds of thousands of $$$ you hear about in other corrupt scandles.

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 10:52 PM
I find this strange-

As many have asked:

Please give us a case number, lawyers, DDA, Judges name. This would put the naysayers to rest.

Ummm, no, no, no, and no. I dont wanna start spittin names out. Its a done deal. 6 years ago.

jacques
07-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Ok... here we go.

At this time, the sergeant *a hot blonde chic* rolls up and asked the deputy what the deal was.

THis could be a clue.

I have seen police reports that were nothing close to what actually happened.

ohsmily
I stopped reading this thread after the second page. The OP may think he is recounting what actually happened. However, he is apparently not sophisticated (in the terminology of what was going on in court) or knowledgeable enough to articulate what occurred. Sorry, no one was bribed. Also, the very fact that you were yacking to the judge at your arraignment makes me think you were just floundering through this entire ordeal. It reminds me of Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny when he is just supposed to enter a plea at arraignment (guilty, not guilty, no contest) and he keeps trying to argue his case and why his guys are innocent and the judge holds him in contempt. Hilarious.

With regard to the money, there are very steep court fines associated with many crimes. The money doesn't go to the judge or any lawyer. For example, in Yolo county, the fine for a FIRST OFFENSE DUI is $2860.00 bucks. It is less in Sac and about the same in El Dorado; it varies from county to county.

Also, we aren't getting the whole story, what exactly were you charged with? You mentioned 6 charges. What were those? Did you have narcotics on you or something? Open alcohol container? Previous warrant out for you? Why did these cops not like you?

What was the case number? I will check it out for you and give an objective report of what occurred in your case, at least with regard to the procedure, the charges, and the minute orders. the Riverside County Court website is very easy to use and has more searchable information than most court websites.

Anyway, no one was bribed; this is ridiculous.

Lastly, your attorney either A) sucked, or B) you didn't have or weren't willing to pay the money required to continue to litigate the issue.

Anyway, it isn't your fault your attorney wasn't stellar. It is sometimes tough for the public to figure out who are the good attorneys and who is just a slick talker. There are resources out there though. There are publications like "the best lawyers in America" and other publications that provide guidance.

5150Marcelo
BRB... womans nagging to use the comp. DAMMIT!

s2000news
07-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm sorry, my BS meter is going off as well. The story is great, has all the makings of a great movie. However the specifics are missing. Details that I would think you would vent. Names and dates for one.

First you found bad cops, then a bad attorney, then a bad DA teamed up with a bad Judge. I mean, one day in my life I might bump into one of those people, you found them all in one citation? Not probable.

Plus, this was 6 years ago. Why post it all up now? If you blew it off and moved on, as it sounds you did/wanted by paying all the cash, why go over it all again now?

If true, PM me over the Judge and DA name and any reference info (ticket or court numbers) so I can pull it to see how much of the story is documented. Then, I will get ya in contact with someone who will throw them all in jail and get your $$$$ back... if you wanted it and the details are true.

ohsmily
07-10-2008, 10:56 PM
THis could be a clue.

I have seen police reports that were nothing close to what actually happened.

It happens all the time.

Synergy
07-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Ummm, no, no, no, and no. I dont wanna start spittin names out. Its a done deal. 6 years ago.

If its a done deal, 6 years ago. Why are you bringing it up?

s2000news
07-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Also, the very fact that you were yacking to the judge at your arraignment makes me think you were just floundering through this entire ordeal. It reminds me of Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny when he is just supposed to enter a plea at arraignment (guilty, not guilty, no contest) and he keeps trying to argue his case and why his guys are innocent and the judge holds him in contempt. Hilarious.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if the OP was in a suit or was he like Vinny? Hummmm

grammaton76
07-10-2008, 11:00 PM

Consider the title of the thread... 'For those who want me to elaborate about my gun charge'. Apparently someone asked, so he chose to tell the story. That's apparently where he wishes to leave it.

SanSacto
07-10-2008, 11:03 PM
If I had readlly believed that the money was for a bribe I would have done something. Ask specifically what it is for. If they tell you it is part of some sort of restitution fine it should be documented. You either wrote a check or transfered funds and that should be traceable. Go through with it to get your deal done, then accumulate whatever proof you can add up. I would have gotten a tape recorder and later recorded the lawyers answer about the $5000. Of course you couldnt have recorded the actual "bribe" because you were in court. I think the FBI would love to hear about this. If they don't I am sure any news station would do a story on it.

[EDIT: I understand nothing to do about it now but look at what didn't happen - jail time. 6 years ago is a long time]

USN CHIEF
07-10-2008, 11:04 PM

Because of another thread in the general gun discussion. People wanted to know what happened.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=110188

Sobriquet
07-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Next time make sure the attorney is peer-rated on Martindale Hubbell. The correct response to all police questions after you saw a gun pointing at you should have been "I want my lawyer. I don't consent to any searches, officer."

I have no idea what the statute of limitations is on something like that. My guess is it could have been 5 years.

The guy obviously isn't interested in pursuing the matter further or answering any questions regarding the incident. I say we let it fade quietly back into the night. I'm not sure why he started the thread other than to vent.

JDoe
07-10-2008, 11:05 PM
True, but look at it this way. I doubt the lawyer kept the cash. Why not make the deal to reduce/drop to a disturbing the peace infraction BEFORE money was exchanged. Why only after? I dont know. I believed it. My lawyer was very upfront with me before and after court.

I don't doubt that you believe your interpretation of events however there is another explanation that to some might seem more likely and that is that your lawyer kept the cash and the Judge and DA didn't know anything about the money.

$5k is nothing to a Judge or DA compared to the potential fallout associated with allegations supported by bank records and time lines. Your lawyer on the other hand could have easily told people that the $5k was to be applied to his fees. As it stands right now someone got an extra $5k tax free.

It isn't that your interpretation of events is wrong it's just that there could be another explanation as well.

One Shot, One Dropped
07-10-2008, 11:06 PM
It's been a long time since I've seen such an abuse of power going so far up the totem pole. Sure, sometimes you get a cop who really wants a felony arrest. Sure, sometimes you get a DA who's there to back him up. But, rarely do you see it go all the way to the Judge. And, even more rarely do you see it go all the way to your own lawyer (you should have dropped that guy).

Only advice I can draw from this is that everyone should be overly safe about transporting guns. Maybe we should all just transport every gun in a separate locked case with the magazines in a locked case of their own, and we should refuse to give them the means to open it without a camera present or just let them break it open.

Man, I want to move back to Texas. At least there we had rights, or a very potent illusion thereof.

Good luck to you bro! Hope you like your new toys.

jacques
07-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Consider the title of the thread... 'For those who want me to elaborate about my gun charge'. Apparently someone asked, so he chose to tell the story. That's apparently where he wishes to leave it.

THAT IS what I posted early on. People are not reading the entire thread. The question was asked, in the other thread (I think it was 'what is loaded' thread)

GSequoia
07-10-2008, 11:16 PM
There are publications like "the best lawyers in America" and other publications that provide guidance.

Hmm.

I thought that was called "Guys you can't afford." :D

And yeah, this story is total, complete BS. For those asking why he'd make it up, simple....

(dramatic pause)

....ATTENTION!

Solidmch
07-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Complete BS

I agree

Radio purges would have exhonerated you. The cops radio would have shown that you were never in route to jail.

Guns are highly controlled when in evidence. If it came up missing the DOJ would be knocking at the judges chamber.

When I read the story it seemed like this happend last month. Now I read it was six years ago....

shawnyteee
07-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Any names on the DA Lawyer or Judge?

spsellars
07-10-2008, 11:28 PM
With regard to the money, there are very steep court fines associated with many crimes. The money doesn't go to the judge or any lawyer. For example, in Yolo county, the fine for a FIRST OFFENSE DUI is $2860.00 bucks. It is less in Sac and about the same in El Dorado; it varies from county to county.

If the charges were "dropped", there wouldn't be any court fees though, right? (I was under the impression you only paid court fees if you "lost", is that not accurate?)

Linh
07-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Any names on the DA Lawyer or Judge?

He stated that it was 6 years ago and wants it behind him so he will not post their name. That was also the last day that the DA worked, he retired the next.

So was the 5k like a retirement gift or something???

ohsmily
07-10-2008, 11:30 PM
If the charges were "dropped", there wouldn't be any court fees though, right? (I was under the impression you only paid court fees if you "lost", is that not accurate?)

Well, he pleaded to something. They could have imposed a higher fine as part of the plea deal. Either way, there are so many holes in what is being related to us, there isn't really any point in analyzing it further unless we get a case number.

Goodnight.

tombinghamthegreat
07-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Complete BS

If so why? Maybe spreading FUD like the DOJ to scare people into storing their guns seperately from the ammo/mags. As it stands if there is no proof or record that such an event happen 6 years ago then it did not happen (not being offensive just there has been too many false stories spread to scare people). Seeing the amound of LE attention there would be a record, there was even one posted here awhile back about a kid at college that got detained and searched for weapons for being on calguns.

Sobriquet
07-10-2008, 11:36 PM
So was the 5k like a retirement gift or something???

You have any idea what a gold watch costs these days? Sheesh.

USN CHIEF
07-10-2008, 11:36 PM
OP just texted me, he is getting the report along with the names of the parties involved. Should he post that info Ohsmily or just pm you that info?

spsellars
07-10-2008, 11:39 PM
OP just texted me, he is getting the report along with the names of the parties involved. Should he post that info Ohsmily or just pm you that info?

I know that question isn't directed at me, but I think it would be more prudent to just PM them to ohsmily. (Not all of us need to be able to look up his life history.) I think most of us would trust ohsmily's assessment of things.

Sobriquet
07-10-2008, 11:42 PM

Good for him. If he's telling the truth about his ordeal, I hope he gets legal advice and that it isn't too late for him to receive some justice. At the very least (assuming his attorney agrees), the press should be made aware of the situation.

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 11:43 PM
I didnt want to bring up old crap, so I DID edit out names and numbers. BRB

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Good for him. If he's telling the truth about his ordeal, I hope he gets legal advice and that it isn't too late for him to receive some justice.

SOBRIQUET... why the sudden change of heart? Just remember, I am posting a small portion of the 6 page report so other GENUINELY concerned members can see.! BRB

jacques
07-10-2008, 11:46 PM
:lurk5:

Shoot Marcelo, this is going to go on forever.

bobfried
07-10-2008, 11:46 PM
OMG

GREATEST THREAD EVAR!!!!

This will either be one of the biggest news maker in Calguns history beside the OLL;

or

Biggest, I got stoned and was raped by alien story;

or

My understanding of the real world and what is happening is very low;

or

Greatest movie script being tested by Quentin Tarantino EVAR!!!!

Sobriquet
07-10-2008, 11:47 PM
SOBRIQUET... why the sudden change of heart? Just remember, I am posting a small portion of the 6 page report so other GENUINELY concerned members can see.! BRB

Nothing sudden or a change of heart. My very first posting was one of encouragement and support.

Without rehashing the unpleasantness, I said *if* your documentation matches your statements. If they do, then obviously I wish you luck against corrupt government officials and judges.

If you want the forum's support, you'll need to do more than drop some stuff on the forum. Some very good people here have offered to review your case file.

Cato
07-10-2008, 11:49 PM
You'll get a B for your JC creative writing course. I had to take points off for the "I make twice what you do and I'm younger!" Ha!

I know your type.

Cato
07-10-2008, 11:52 PM
props too? :rolleyes:

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 11:52 PM
got quiet in here! hmmmmm:confused:

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 11:55 PM
I got papers and papers and papers... especially court stuff. TM personal Info on there, so dont ask. This shud be enuff just to call my bluff. Take my word on what else happened. Like Tony Montana said, "I got 2 things in life, my word, and my BOLLZ, and I dont break them for nobody!"
or something like that.

tombinghamthegreat
07-10-2008, 11:56 PM
LA cops seem like they don't understand the law and this is only more of a reason to transport firearms with gun and ammo in the same case. Thanks for providing proof

Quake0
07-10-2008, 11:58 PM
What happen to you is just not right.

ProlificARProspect
07-10-2008, 11:59 PM
always had your back....:yes:

5150Marcelo
07-10-2008, 11:59 PM
LA cops seem like they don't understand the law and this is only more of a reason to transport firearms with gun and ammo in the same case. Thanks for providing proof

Glad to be of service. Thanks!

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 12:00 AM
always had your back....:yes:

fo sho!;)

Saigon1965
07-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Now, lets go get your 5k back and then some.

elSquid
07-11-2008, 12:04 AM
The DA... that day was his last. He retired after that day. He was an oooold man. I have his name on paper work...but cant remember off the top of my head.
The judge on the other hand, actually wasnt a judge. He was a commissioner. I DO REMEMBER HIS NAME WELL!

Thirty five hundred dollars?

-- Michael

Sorry.

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Its gone bro. Im over it. It was worth the 5k just to get that drama outta my life!

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 12:06 AM

-- Michael

Sorry.

No, a judge and commissioner are essentially the same, EXCEPT, only a judge can issue a warrant!

rtlltj
07-11-2008, 12:07 AM
You know I was hoping that this was some sort of joke and you were going to spoil the fun at some point since I dont really want to think that it actually happened. Assuming that report is real I can't imagine that happening to me and I'm glad this forum is here for everyone so if something like this did happen again people would be able to get justice.

USN CHIEF
07-11-2008, 12:12 AM
No mames 5150Marcelo, lets get the right people involved in this thing and go get your money back plus more. I really need some $$$ right now for a SA TRP. I will help you in any way I can to get this thing in the open and have this thing investigated. I would seriously send the info to Oshmily so that he can look at it. Oshmily is a straigth shooter bro. he will tell you if there is something that can be done in regards to your case.

elSquid
07-11-2008, 12:13 AM

-- Michael

Sorry.
No, a judge and commissioner are essentially the same, EXCEPT, only a judge can issue a warrant!

I'm here all week folks. Please don't forget to tip your waitress.

-- Michael

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 12:16 AM
No mames 5150Marcelo, lets get the right people involved in this thing and go get your money back plus more. I really need some $$$ right now for a SA TRP. I will help you in any way I can to get this thing in the open and have this thing investigated. I would seriously send the info to Oshmily so that he can look at it. Oshmily is a straigth shooter bro. he will tell you if there is something that can be done in regards to your case.

Thats the thing, there is nothing on paper that says they did wrong. Its my word against theirs. 6 years have passed and why all of a sudden now? Its a dead issue carnal. It hasnt bit me in the as* yet, and I dont want it to. I wanna stay as far away from this as I can!

tophatjones
07-11-2008, 12:22 AM
I don't think anyone can get over something like this. After they tore you one, you figured out that pushing it to the very back of your mind was the only way to help you get on with your life. But it's just sitting there taunting you from the recesses of your memory. You want justice as anyone would, but until you yourself start to believe that you can get it, you aren't going act in a manner that would bring justice about. If you want to see something happen, time to get fired up about it again. Can you recall all the feelings you had at the time it happened? Anger that they could possibly do this, fear of what the outcome may be, trust and mistrust in the system and its constituents. It's time to get livid and win one for yourself now that you have some green backing you up. Else, you can keep pushing it away and forgetting over the years, but you'll never get over it until you win one.

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Naw, it doesnt taunt me. I just posted this stroy cuz a few members wanted me to when I mentioned that I got popped for having loaded mags stored with, not in, the firearm. It was a nasty and pricey finish, some people had doubts, so I posted a small part of the report. Just to help the believabilty... but 1 that I know of, still doesnt belive. Oh well. What to do what to do. I think I may go to sleep now. I gotta get up and 3 am.:eek:

tcp
07-11-2008, 12:53 AM
None so blind as those who will not see.

It's one thing to believe events as these do not happen, but to basically call another a liar is horrible. These things do happen, innocent 'til proven guilty, not guilty 'til proven innocent, right?

Moonclip
07-11-2008, 1:06 AM
I knew it would be Tacos San Pedro before I hit page 2. And OT but the Ortiz cop shooting was interesting to say the least. My friend used to work at Tri City hospital, he tried to keep him alive but he said it was no use, pretty much DOA.

The flautas are great at San Pedro! I usually go to the Norwalk Adelitas location, too much drama in HG. My favorite Adelitas is in TJ tho:)

LBPD played games with me in confiscating a revolver of mine in 2002 also but I got it back. I'm not going to start a thread on it right now tho of ever.

I knew another guy that got a Beretta 950bs .25acp confiscated in 2001 by LBPD(or was it the LASD, I can't remember) for unlicensed CCW and didn't get it back. All charges were dropped by DA though, insufficient probable cause to pull him over.

The cause was basically being Mexican in a lowrider car. He asked me my advice in trying to get his gun back. I said 2-3 nights in jail and losing a $150 gun was a small price to pay for illegal CCW.

hoffmang
07-11-2008, 1:12 AM
I don't think people have an issue with believing that you were arrested - even improperly arrested when actually correctly transporting a handgun.

Where the BS meter trips is your claim that you bribed a Judge. Judges don't enjoy Federal Prisons.

As ohsmiley said - the only number we need is your case number. It will be all over everything from the arraignment on. I suspect you plead to something that included a fine and that's where your cash went.

That still sucks and your lawyer should have done you much better, but its not a Federal Crime that you're claiming occured.

-Gene

Moonclip
07-11-2008, 2:27 AM

There seems to be some confusion regarding an officer Ortiz here.

It's mainly OT though. The OP says it wasn't Ortiz.

MArcelo was referring to one of the officers from the LAPD Rampart scandal in one of his posts.

This post and in my last post are referring to a LASD deputy that was shot and killed by an HG gang member in like 2005, the shooter was sentenced to death.

bigdave1121
07-11-2008, 3:01 AM
This post and in my last post are referring to a LASD deputy that was shot and killed by an HG gang member in like 2005, the shooter was sentenced to death row.

Fixed it for you. We don't actually execute people in this state so it's incorrect to say "sentenced to death." In reality it should just say "sentenced to a life time of solitary confinement, 23 hour a day lockdown, and a HUGE cost to the taxpayers of this state until they die of natural causes in their 70s." ;)

tenpercentfirearms
07-11-2008, 7:23 AM
Ok, so there is a police report that we see two pages of. The police report doesn't really confirm much else of the story.

First, the logic of not wanting to spend that much money on this, but being filthy rich and dropping a G on a Benelli on your way home from court doesn't make sense. Second, I notice in the report that you listed as your employer "Fleming Concrete/Plumbing". A filthy rich plumber? The boasting of great wealth and at the same time not wanting to spend the money on this case doesn't make sense. Throw in that you worked for Fleming Concrete/Plumbing also is interesting. You could be a big time forman. You could be the owner. We don't know. The way you talk of being smarter than your buddy and getting screwed out of your DOD position led me to believe you had some sort of special skills worthy for the military. Does the military hire private contractor cement and plumbing guys for super high wages?

Next, as Ohsmiley has pointed out, it doesn't sound like Marcelo has a very good grasp of the legal system. It is quite possible he paid a fine as part of his $5K and no crime was committed. I would encourage all of you who think you know the situation, to stop the knee-jerk reaction claims of government abuse and what not. It doesn't even sound like Marcelo knows what happened in the court room.

All you guys have seen is a police report. For all we know he served two years in jail for all of this.

The only facts we have is there is a police report with his name on it. To make anymore conclusions beyond what we see is foolish.

I am approaching this from a purely factual basis. None of my criticism is levied at Marcelo. Whether this story is true or not has no bearing on my life. At this point, it is nothing more than something to occupy my time on trying to research and find out more, when I should be doing some real work.

Ricehater
07-11-2008, 8:38 AM
Does anyone remember this??
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=100386&highlight=raided
I call BS

MudCamper
07-11-2008, 9:21 AM
Disturbing. Either way. If the story is true (highly unlikely), we have no rights, nor chance for justice, against such a corrupt system. Or, CalGuns is attracting pathological liars / attention seekers. Either way, it's depressing.

And the OP has over 1800 posts since joining only 4 months ago. Something about that further destroys his credibility IMO.

AKman
07-11-2008, 9:36 AM
Give the guy a break. He's practicing writing fiction novels. Last chapter it was the ATF raid of the neighbor's house, this chapter is the false arrest and judicial system corruption. The next chapter will probably be a covert CIA raid and temporary confinement at Guantanamo Bay.

rtlltj
07-11-2008, 9:44 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=100386

Seems like trouble seems to always wrongfully find you and your friends.

exon111
07-11-2008, 10:16 AM
And the OP has over 1800 posts since joining only 4 months ago. Something about that further destroys his credibility IMO.

I was thinking that too. Considering his post about the raid on his friend, the chances of two things like that happening are so slim! But if this is true, it's just about the creepiest thing I've heard of since Ruby Ridge.

XCRmonger
07-11-2008, 10:47 AM
oh my god. How did I miss this thread before? Jeebus, dude, that is unbelievable. Thank god you didn't end up in prison or something. :shock:

JALLEN
07-11-2008, 11:19 AM
What the hell. Sounds like you lived through a nightmare. Falsifying police reports and bribery (?).

Falsifying police reports is SOP. All of them should begin with "Once Upon a Time..." Any policeman who can't write a report describing events as they wished they had happened goes in for stupid study. But bribery is serious. I would document it and present it to the Judicial Council.

DesertGunner
07-11-2008, 1:04 PM
Whether or not an actual arrest took place, I find it hilarious how the majority of the people on this board are only too willing (eager?) to believe the most ridiculous and wildly improbable stories that someone can throw out, just so long as it is anti-LE.

Just like anti-gunners will believe any garbage they are fed as long as it is "anti-gun", the opposite holds true here.

ViPER395
07-11-2008, 1:11 PM
So Marcello posted doctored documents?

Is it that unbelievable that a special class of citizens treated by the government like kings are bound to get greedy and overstep their government-given authority sometimes, or maybe even regularly?

Pppppplease.

Whether or not an actual arrest took place, I find it hilarious how the majority of the people on this board are only too willing (eager?) to believe the most ridiculous and wildly improbable stories that someone can throw out, just so long as it is anti-LE.

Just like anti-gunners will believe any garbage they are fed as long as it is "anti-gun", the opposite holds true here.

eta34
07-11-2008, 1:12 PM
Falsifying police reports is SOP. All of them should begin with "Once Upon a Time..." Any policeman who can't write a report describing events as they wished they had happened goes in for stupid study. But bribery is serious. I would document it and present it to the Judicial Council.

:rolleyes:

jamesob
07-11-2008, 1:13 PM
bribes all around. you could have had their asses.

EMT007
07-11-2008, 1:15 PM

^ seriously - even when all reason goes against the story, people are all too willing to believe it

to use the GenMay term.... this is shens :rolleyes:

thedrickel
07-11-2008, 1:26 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, so this may have been brought up before, but did you witness the bribery take place? Maybe the deal was already agreed upon and your lawyer just took you for another 5k . . . ?

braskin
07-11-2008, 2:13 PM

We talk about the DOJ and some FFL's spreading FUD. If stories like this are posted on Calguns forum, that appear are not credibly, WE are spreading the opposite FUD. I don't want to place judgment on the OP's story, but it appears to not have credibility.

With Heller in our favor, better things are started to move in our direction.
Now more than ever we need to be professional and post only the facts. They (anti-gun) will use anything we say or do to make us look like the stupid redneck gun lovers they say we are.

Lets show them other wise!

scootergmc
07-11-2008, 2:22 PM
It's not often I pull this out, but:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/scootergmc/BSMeter.jpg

robitrocks
07-11-2008, 2:30 PM
It's not often I pull this out, but:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/scootergmc/BSMeter.jpg

ROTFLMAO :smilielol5:

tenpercentfirearms
07-11-2008, 2:32 PM
I don't think he doctored the police report. That probably did happen.

What happened at the court house is suspect. That might have been how he perceived the case to go down. What really happened might be different.

And his not wanting to spend a ton of money on the case, but dropping a bunch of coin and then dropping more coin on a Benelli doesn't sound quite right. Now it is he didn't want the drama. That sounds fishy.

Rogerbutthead
07-11-2008, 3:00 PM
I don't think the majority of you know what it is like when law enforcement has you handcuffed and is stating that you have broken the law. The ability to reason and want to fight for your rights is not so clear when you have the distinct possibility that you will be spending time in jail with some people trying to make you their bytch.

I would probably have paid the money too in that situation. I know I lost lots of sleep when I had problems with LE. I believed I was not guilty of anything too - but between fighting it with the consequences hanging over your head or just paying for it to go away - I think many of us would pay to make it go away.

Life sucks, things aren't perfect and time is precious.

And if he does write whoppers, he is pretty good at it.

ViPER395
07-11-2008, 3:05 PM
It is how the system is designed and executed. You are mentally and emotionally subdued into willingly paying whatever price to get out of the situation.

the last line from 1984 comes to mind-- "He loved Big Brother."

bigdave1121
07-11-2008, 3:57 PM

Jesus is that some bull**** logic there. So if the guy has 3 posts everyone accuses them of being a plant from BOF spreading FUD. But if a guy enjoys BSing in the OT with other Calgunners a lot, then his credibility is also in question?

Real sound reasoning there :rolleyes:

artherd
07-11-2008, 4:14 PM
Do we have a case # yet?

r1ghtw1ng
07-11-2008, 4:14 PM
Entertaining thread. Definitely helped tide me over while waiting for Vic Mackey and Season 7 of The Shield.

Sniper3142
07-11-2008, 4:38 PM
There are many Good Cops...

And some scumbag jerkoffs that abuse their position and the power they think they have.

I wish you got these punks fired, sued, and hopefully arrested.

:mad:

I deleted what I wanted to write here because no matter how I changed it, some POS @#$! might have thought I was threatening any jerkoff LEO who tries something like this with me... and I would never threaten anyone who didn't deserve it.

;)

Of course, I'm the mild mannered type that shows the proper respect to those in rightful positions of authority.

[/BS]

artherd
07-11-2008, 4:44 PM
Well I do know what it is like to be wrongly accused. I send napkins :)

What is unfortunate is that it turns into an economic war.

I don't think the majority of you know what it is like when law enforcement has you handcuffed and is stating that you have broken the law. The ability to reason and want to fight for your rights is not so clear when you have the distinct possibility that you will be spending time in jail with some people trying to make you their bytch.

I would probably have paid the money too in that situation. I know I lost lots of sleep when I had problems with LE. I believed I was not guilty of anything too - but between fighting it with the consequences hanging over your head or just paying for it to go away - I think many of us would pay to make it go away.

Life sucks, things aren't perfect and time is precious.

And if he does write whoppers, he is pretty good at it.

RomanDad
07-11-2008, 4:47 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/MovieLawyer/clippyhoax.jpg

pnkssbtz
07-11-2008, 4:57 PM
Original Post:

Ok... here we go.
I got outta work late on 5-11-02. After the usual 19 hour day, I got home late, showered, and got ready to leave with my desert eagle, inside my range bag, with ammo *loaded in the mag, not in the mag well* in the bag as well.

Its now just after midnight, mothers day *sunday* and I am on my way to pick up a co-worker who was going with me to my dads ranch out in the desert, where I had family out there celebrating a bday party *beer, carnitas fresh from a slaughter, a camp fire you can see from space, and lotsa fam and friends*

We stopped at a taco stand in Hawaiian Gardens, picked up some food to go, then started to head over to AMPM to get some brewskis, ice, and some munchies to fill the ice chest with. Well, we made it to the local AMPM, but with about 20 cop cars behind us and a ghetto bird chopper over head! WTF!?!?!?

From the police report:

"I went to 11976 Carson St. "Adelita" Restaurant regarding a fight call / person with a gun call, tag 66.

I talked to the security guard, who does security for the business who told me he saw several males arguing in the restaurant. The security guard asked the males to leave the restaurant, which they complied"

So, why wasn't the argument and brandishing of a gun mentioned in the first post?

Given the duplicity and evidence presented (or lack thereof), I am beginning to suspect that the 12031(a)(1) and 12025(a)(1) charges are legit....

MudCamper
07-11-2008, 5:14 PM
But if a guy enjoys BSing in the OT with other Calgunners a lot, then his credibility is also in question?

Yeah, he likes to BS. Thanks for the clarification. Couldn't have said it better myself.

dfletcher
07-11-2008, 5:19 PM
Give the guy a break. He's practicing writing fiction novels. Last chapter it was the ATF raid of the neighbor's house, this chapter is the false arrest and judicial system corruption. The next chapter will probably be a covert CIA raid and temporary confinement at Guantanamo Bay.

Well obviously not now that you've spilled the beans. Commie. :mad:

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 5:30 PM
Ok, so there is a police report that we see two pages of. The police report doesn't really confirm much else of the story.

First, the logic of not wanting to spend that much money on this, but being filthy rich and dropping a G on a Benelli on your way home from court doesn't make sense. Second, I notice in the report that you listed as your employer "Fleming Concrete/Plumbing". A filthy rich plumber? The boasting of great wealth and at the same time not wanting to spend the money on this case doesn't make sense. Throw in that you worked for Fleming Concrete/Plumbing also is interesting. You could be a big time forman. You could be the owner. We don't know. The way you talk of being smarter than your buddy and getting screwed out of your DOD position led me to believe you had some sort of special skills worthy for the military. Does the military hire private contractor cement and plumbing guys for super high wages?

Next, as Ohsmiley has pointed out, it doesn't sound like Marcelo has a very good grasp of the legal system. It is quite possible he paid a fine as part of his $5K and no crime was committed. I would encourage all of you who think you know the situation, to stop the knee-jerk reaction claims of government abuse and what not. It doesn't even sound like Marcelo knows what happened in the court room.

All you guys have seen is a police report. For all we know he served two years in jail for all of this.

The only facts we have is there is a police report with his name on it. To make anymore conclusions beyond what we see is foolish.

I am approaching this from a purely factual basis. None of my criticism is levied at Marcelo. Whether this story is true or not has no bearing on my life. At this point, it is nothing more than something to occupy my time on trying to research and find out more, when I should be doing some real work.

Like the rest of the report... he wrote it up wrong!! Its pumping, not plumbing... and wow! Where did I say I was fithy rich? Please, show me!:rolleyes:

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 5:34 PM
Original Post:

From the police report:

So, why wasn't the argument and brandishing of a gun mentioned in the first post?

Given the duplicity and evidence presented (or lack thereof), I am beginning to suspect that the 12031(a)(1) and 12025(a)(1) charges are legit....

Because, the people that were arguing and fighting was not me, nor where we involved. We got there shortly after it happened. I said that when I explained why they pulled us over.

bigdave1121
07-11-2008, 5:37 PM
Yeah, he likes to BS. Thanks for the clarification. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yeah that's what I meant. I was saying BS in the literal sense :rolleyes:

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 5:43 PM
Cats outta the bag! Just kidding guys. I write books for a living, not pump concrete. :rolleyes:

Matt C
07-11-2008, 5:44 PM
At this point.... IBTL

USN CHIEF
07-11-2008, 5:46 PM

Amazing to attack his credibility based on the amount of posts that he has here. I guess the credibility level for me would be zero then since I have over 7k post in 7 months.:rolleyes:

If 5150Marcelo told me that it happen, I believe him.

bigdave1121
07-11-2008, 5:49 PM
Amazing to attack his credibility based on the amount of posts that he has here. I guess the credibility level for me would be zero then since I have over 7k post in 7 months.:rolleyes:

Face it Chief, guys like us get profiled because we have a lot of free time to post on CalGuns, and we don't just like to sit and read what other people wrote. We're weird because we like to join in on the discussion.

Oh and IBTL.

thedrickel
07-11-2008, 5:49 PM
IBTL!

PS Nobody cares how much you post or don't post, as long as there is some SUBSTANCE to your posts!

USN CHIEF
07-11-2008, 5:50 PM
O.K. Me too. IBTL.

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 5:54 PM

If 5150Marcelo told me that it happen, I believe him.

Right, not enuff post, I must be BSing. Too many post, I must be BSing. Oh well. Its over with.
I simply chose to tell about the incident only because other members wanted me to elaborate on it after I mentioned about getting railroaded for carrying loaded magz in the same LOCKED range bag on another thread.
I didnt post to play BS with other members. Its all good, I know what went down, and hopefully you guys wont be in that perdicument. Becareful out there, in general, LEO's dont like gun owners. Rememer, I said in GENERAL. Good luck guys, and let this thread die now. Take it easy!:cool2:

dfletcher
07-11-2008, 5:55 PM
Am I the only one who noticed - 23 years old and 318 lbs. Marcelo, c'mon. You can tell us - you were wearing that darned Desert Eagle in an IWB holster right? :no:

I haven't read all the posts, but I did spend a few years in & around Rampart in the 90s. Don't imagine things got any better toward 2000 or so. Interesting place to say the least.

milsurpshooter
07-11-2008, 5:56 PM
IBTL. p.s. just post whoring:p

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 5:57 PM
Am I the only one who noticed - 23 years old and 318 lbs. Marcelo, c'mon. You can tell us - you were wearing that darned Desert Eagle in an IWB holster right? :no:

I haven't read all the posts, but I did spend a few years in & around Rampart in the 90s. Don't imagine things got any better toward 2000 or so. Interesting place to say the least.

Once the DE came back clear, the other LEOs where passing it around and gaucking at it like it was show and tell!

USN CHIEF
07-11-2008, 5:57 PM

:eek: No more Take out for you Marcelo:D:p

Saigon1965
07-11-2008, 5:58 PM
Damm, was hoping this one would go the distance.

bigdave1121
07-11-2008, 5:58 PM
PS Nobody cares how much you post or don't post, as long as there is some SUBSTANCE to your posts!

Apparently some people do think that how much you post or don't does matter just by itself:

That's what started me and Chief on defending rabid posters like ourselves.

Wizard99
07-11-2008, 6:07 PM
Case Number?????

allenst65
07-11-2008, 6:08 PM
Its pumping, not plumbing... and wow! Where did I say I was fithy rich? Please, show me!:rolleyes:

I have made hundreds of thousands of dollars at work from 2002 to date,

Hundreds of G's pumping concrete, eh ? Sounds filthy rich to me.

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 6:16 PM
Hundreds of G's pumping concrete, eh ? Sounds filthy rich to me.

in the past 6+ years... yes! and no, im not filthy rich. Trust me!;)
p.s. you can too if youre willing to work80-90+ hours a week when needed... which is 90% of the time!

gotsig
07-11-2008, 6:30 PM
I would guess an average hourly rate for a concrete pump operator is about $30 per hour. So really in 6 years @ 40 hours per week for 50 weeks a year, you would easily make hundreds of thousands of dollars.
I don't doubt for one minute that this story could be true. I have a couple (will not post any info) true stories that are easily as unbeilivable as this.

duenor
07-11-2008, 6:32 PM
well, my friend 5150 certainly has a wealthy waistline ;)
i'm just curious (since you are 86ing the thread anyway)... what is pumping concrete?

WokMaster1
07-11-2008, 6:39 PM
Very interesting read.....IBTL.

rtlltj
07-11-2008, 6:52 PM
I know if I was working 90 hours a week I wouldn't have time to be posting on calguns the entire day.

Creeping Incrementalism
07-11-2008, 7:06 PM
I can't believe I read the whole thing up to this point.

I hope this thread comes to a good conclusion or I will be highly annoyed.

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 7:17 PM
I would guess an average hourly rate for a concrete pump operator is about $30 per hour. So really in 6 years @ 40 hours per week for 50 weeks a year, you would easily make hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Scale for an experienced concrete boom pump operating engineer is $41+ hourly net, the whole package (bennies, retirement, vacation, training, health and welfare) is about $54.81 per hour.
I hardly EVER work 40 hours a week, more like 58-60ish on a slow/normal week, but ofeten exceeds 80+ hours.
My count is up there simply from 4-4-08 till 5-26ish-08, I was off on PFL to stay home and bond with my new child;)
I was getting paid for 7 weeks to stay home! Why not! :D That explains the 'meat' of my count

I don't doubt for one minute that this story could be true. I have a couple (will not post any info) true stories that are easily as unbeilivable as this.

TRUST me, I hear you. Reguardless, that chit DOES happen. Maybe not in a perfect world, but hey, in a perfect world we'd have our 2A rights unrestricted, right?! By the way, I wouldnt recommend you post your incidents, as some people on here are quick to lable you a BSer and WILL NEVER SEE EYE TO EYE with you. Oh well, what can you do?:rolleyes:

taloft
07-11-2008, 7:24 PM
Several people have asked for the case number regarding this incident. Yet, you haven't given anyone the case#. I would recommend you give it to ohsmily. While I'll be the first to admit that ohsmily can be abrasive at times, he's always proven himself to be a man of impeccable honor. He usually calls them as they are. He won't screw you, and he won't reveal anything you don't want posted. Use the PM fuction. Until that is forthcoming, I have to call B.S. The most convincing lies are those with most truth behind them. Just my personal experience with tall tales.:cool:

P.S. I work in construction, pumpers make good money and work long hours.

IGOTDIRT4U
07-11-2008, 7:25 PM
I can't believe I read the whole thing up to this point.

I hope this thread comes to a good conclusion or I will be highly annoyed.

You're gonna highly annoyed...

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 7:28 PM
well, my friend 5150 certainly has a wealthy waistline ;)
i'm just curious (since you are 86ing the thread anyway)... what is pumping concrete?

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn173/5150Marcelo/BOOM.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn173/5150Marcelo/63meter.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn173/5150Marcelo/latimes.jpg

5150Marcelo
07-11-2008, 7:32 PM
Several people have asked for the case number regarding this incident. Yet, you haven't given anyone the case#. I would recommend you give it to ohsmily. While I'll be the first to admit that ohsmily can be abrasive at times, he's always proven himself to be a man of impeccable honor. He usually calls them as they are. He won't screw you, and he won't reveal anything you don't want posted. Use the PM fuction. Until that is forthcoming, I have to call B.S. The most convincing lies are those with most truth behind them. Just my personal experience with tall tales.:cool:

P.S. I work in construction, pumpers make good money and work long hours.

I wont give out case numbers... I dont need Ohsmilly to do anything. I know what happened happened, and those that know me, know that it happaned as well... my co-worker who was with me at the time for instance. Its all good. Call BS if you want, thats what makes the US special! You can think what you want, and it doesnt really matter!
I could also show a copy of the receipt for 5K dated one month after the first court appearance, at 1pm, but for what, some people just wont believe it till they have a horrible experience similar to this one. What can I say? I wont post anymore papers or try to prove anything on here. I take it like a grain of salt stuck to the side of a cold margarita glass if you dont believe it. No biggie!

Glock30
07-11-2008, 7:43 PM
You're such a liar 5150, why don't you get out of your parents basement and do something?