PDA

View Full Version : glock 30 sold, looking to downgrade

loyalpatriot
07-10-2008, 6:01 PM
I really loved my g30 but I ended up never shooting it so I sold it. I am in the market for a handgun for bedside duty. I am looking for an affordable pistol either double action revolver or an centerfire semi auto for no more than 400 bucks. Size would be preferably 4 inch barrel or less and something that would fit neatly in a small fast opening safe. Anyone have any ideas? Regards

Guntech
07-10-2008, 6:30 PM
Your going to have to go used is that ok with you?

///D
07-10-2008, 6:44 PM
Not saying Glocks are downgrades...but IMO I don't see why your G30 couldn't of been a very good bedside pistol. If someone gave me a budget of $400 to suggest I'd probably suggest a Glock lol.

FlyingPen
07-10-2008, 7:11 PM
Yeah, not sure what you can downgrade from a Glock. That's like trying to downgrade from a Toyota Yaris.

Try upgrading to a CZ 75 type, all steel, very ergonomic (except for the shorter slide for some), and extremely reliable. They're between 450-550 new.

http://www.czusa.com

Julians4x4
07-10-2008, 8:32 PM
Not saying Glocks are downgrades...but IMO I don't see why your G30 couldn't of been a very good bedside pistol. If someone gave me a budget of $400 to suggest I'd probably suggest a Glock lol.

I'd have to agree, was there a reason you sold the glock?
If you did not like the Glock i would agree with you and say get a nice pre-lock S&W revolver.

goathead
07-10-2008, 9:18 PM
RUGER p95 in 9mm good gun and start at $310.00
BRAND: Ruger # OF MAGS: 2
MODEL: P Series SAFETY: Manual Safety
TYPE: Semi-Automatic Pistol SIGHTS: Fixed
CALIBER: 9MM BARREL LENGTH: 3.9"
FINISH: Blue OVERALL LENGTH: 7.25"
ACTION: Double Action WEIGHT: 30 oz
STOCK: Black Synthetic PACKAGING: Plastic Case
CAPACITY: 10+1 FEATURES:
CHOKES: FEATURES: