PDA

View Full Version : FS: You've got to see these NEW modified PMags! LOWERED PRICE

mase
07-10-2008, 3:55 PM
I guess this wouldn't be a proper introduction, but I really wanted to share these with everyone here on calguns.
I've been a bit of a lurker around here. Learned a lot and cost me oodles of dough. Now, I want to give back...

With my AR builds, I wanted to keep the aesthetics of a 30 rd mag in California. I bought alternatives, but came up with my own solution.

Here are some MAGPUL full body PMags I have had modified to 10-rounds. What makes this particular modification different from others, is that it has the appearance of a fully loaded 30 round mag. completely sealed.
You can see in the clear window that the magazine would seem full, but notice that there are no rounds loaded.
It will accept 10 rounds only; not 9 and not 11. Only 10.

They function perfectly as the design's integrity has not been compromised. I have put about 1000 rounds through them with no failure to feeds, jams, any any malfunctions.

So if you are interested in the look of a full size loaded PMag with a window, and want something a bit more secure than a rivet, than PM me.
They will be ready to ship next week and will be $40 each shipped to anywhere in the US.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii237/mthanari/IMG_5852.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii237/mthanari/IMG_5853.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii237/mthanari/IMG_5854.jpg

SunriseF150
07-10-2008, 4:47 PM
Nice. I posted this idea a few months back but i've never had the free time to mess around with doing it. They look great. Free Bump.

erblo
07-10-2008, 4:56 PM
Very cool!

Oldcoast
07-10-2008, 5:05 PM
Who wants to be the guinea pig? Do you have feedback in any other forums? Verified paypal we can check or something?

mase
07-10-2008, 5:17 PM
thanks guys!

I've been using the prototypes for about 4 mos now. no issues whatsoever.
I'll also be selling a few to Ammo Bros in Cerritos, but wanted to give you guys first shot. I'll have about 110 of these by mid next week.

You can check my paypal id with thanari@yahoo.com (which is also my email coincidently) or my ebay id paisley_and_vash (100% positive feedback with 264 feedbacks currently).

here's another pic with the mag in. let me know!
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii237/mthanari/IMG_5855.jpg

Hopi
07-10-2008, 5:30 PM
Are those empty shells in the mag body?

If so, couldn't it be argued that the magazine has a capacity to accept more than 10 rounds?

I didn't follow any previous threads on the subject, but that seems like a super-gray-area to me.....

thmpr
07-10-2008, 5:35 PM
extra weight?

heycorey
07-10-2008, 5:44 PM
No offense intended, but as a sheriff friend of mine is fond of saying, "You may beat the rap ... but you're still gonna take the ride".

mase
07-10-2008, 5:47 PM
Are those empty shells in the mag body?

If so, couldn't it be argued that the magazine has a capacity to accept more than 10 rounds?

I didn't follow any previous threads on the subject, but that seems like a super-gray-area to me.....

yes, empty shells that add less than 5oz to the total weight.
The mag is epoxied shut and they are as legal as other 10/30 round mags. I think they are actually a bit more legal compared to the riveted ones, since you'd destroy the mag trying to reverse the modification. They riveted mags are up to debate since it would only require a drill to reverse them back to 30 rd capacity.
Just my 2 cents...

Hopi
07-10-2008, 5:53 PM
yes, empty shells that add less than 5oz to the total weight.
The mag is epoxied shut and they are as legal as other 10/30 round mags. I think they are actually a bit more legal compared to the riveted ones, since you'd destroy the mag trying to reverse the modification. They riveted mags are up to debate since it would only require a drill to reverse them back to 30 rd capacity.
Just my 2 cents...

I'm sorry, but by your own admission, the magazines can accept more than 10 rounds. I don't believe that the ability or inability of the magazine to successfully feed the rounds is relevant, the law isn't worded as such.

At best, a curious LEO would need to completely destroy your magazine to determine legality with any amount of certainty.

They look great, but I'm trying to save your .02 cents from turning into a confiscated weapon and/or thousands of dollars in attorney fees.

A "large capacity magazine" is defined as any
ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds, but does not include
any .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device, any feeding device that has been permanently
altered so that it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds, or any tubular magazine that is
contained in a leveraction
firearm

Saigon1965
07-10-2008, 5:56 PM
My first :popcorn:

JeffM
07-10-2008, 6:01 PM
Empty brass casings are not "rounds"

Hopi
07-10-2008, 6:05 PM
Empty brass casings are not "rounds"

I understand that. How would a curious LEO know that they are empty other than to take the word of the owner?

Further, if there is room in the magazine for empty shells, it could be argued that there is room for rounds since they would occupy the exact same space without further modification.

mase
07-10-2008, 6:12 PM
I understand that. How would a curious LEO know that they are empty other than to take the word of the owner?

Further, if there is room in the magazine for empty shells, it could be argued that there is room for rounds since they would occupy the exact same space without further modification.

I appreciate your input.
that's why I posted this here to hear what you guys think!

Saigon1965
07-10-2008, 6:13 PM
Then lets get this thing move over to the discussion forum.

Hopi
07-10-2008, 6:15 PM
Sorry to thread crap.

erblo
07-10-2008, 6:16 PM
If you don't think it's legal just don't buy it. Same as most other OLL products.

mase
07-10-2008, 6:21 PM
If you don't think it's legal just don't buy it. Same as most other OLL products.

my sentiments exactly.
we can discuss on this thread if you guys like, and leave this one open for people interested in purchase.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=110212

Bigballaizm
07-10-2008, 6:23 PM

2nd that...

Mississippi
07-11-2008, 1:26 AM
45 dollars? Wow everything in this state cost so much money! "Before" I moved here I was getting windowed Pmags for 17.95 each. I just sold 2 new Pmags for 30 shipped!

Cool ideal but 45 dollars??

Bigballaizm
07-11-2008, 2:26 AM
45 dollars? Wow everything in this state cost so much money! "Before" I moved here I was getting windowed Pmags for 17.95 each. I just sold 2 new Pmags for 30 shipped!

Cool ideal but 45 dollars??

Welcome to killer Kali, Mississippi!! You got any more Pmags for $30 cuz I'll take em ALL?? Just messin... Welcome aboard, well living in San Jose you already know gun accessories aint the only thing that costs so much here! Take care & it would be a good idea to keep in touch with your buddies back in Mississippi!! ;)

Hitman
07-11-2008, 5:36 AM
Mase is a friend of mine and I have seen these mags up close..it is first class work.

:gunsmilie: