PDA

View Full Version : Browning Superposed Vs. Rem SPR100

wildcard
07-10-2008, 2:36 PM
Took out my newly purchased 1962 Browning Superposed Lightning 12 Gauge in excellent condition and gave it a try against some skeet. Geez I sucked! Maybe it was the modified/full choke throwing me off. I do WAY better with my $100 Remington SPR100 20 Gauge! I rock with that thing :)

Serious question though.. does the bottom barrel usually shoot lower than the top? Are they not regulated? I'm positive it's shooting lower cause I tested it at 40 yds..

Vigilante
07-10-2008, 5:18 PM
Serious question though.. does the bottom barrel usually shoot lower than the top? Are they not regulated? I'm positive it's shooting lower cause I tested it at 40 yds..

It shouldn't be shooting lower, or at least not noticeably lower. How much lower is it shooting than the top barrel?

wildcard
07-11-2008, 8:39 AM
It shouldn't be shooting lower, or at least not noticeably lower. How much lower is it shooting than the top barrel?

Top barrel shoots 50/50 (center of spread is right on what I aim at). Bottom barrel is 0/100.. everything is just below the point of aim.

Thefeeder
07-11-2008, 3:56 PM
Does the superposed fit you well? Close your eyes...mount the gun.....open your eyes and see what your sight picture looks like. (If you have an original superposed, don't alter it....its value will disappear)

Have the barrels been reblued? Some rebluing processes will separate the top and bottom barrels.....changing the alinement

wildcard
07-14-2008, 9:30 AM
Does the superposed fit you well? Close your eyes...mount the gun.....open your eyes and see what your sight picture looks like. (If you have an original superposed, don't alter it....its value will disappear)

Have the barrels been reblued? Some rebluing processes will separate the top and bottom barrels.....changing the alinement

Everything is perfect. I open my eyes and I see the bead at the end of the rib. No rust or even a scratch anywhere and the bluing looks original. It has a Pachamyr butt pad on it but it looks professionally installed.

I guess I just have to learn to place the front bead on the target for the bottom barrel. A little unatural.. but I'll get used to it.

thedonger
07-14-2008, 1:56 PM
Took out my newly purchased 1962 Browning Superposed Lightning 12 Gauge in excellent condition and gave it a try against some skeet. Geez I sucked! Maybe it was the modified/full choke throwing me off. I do WAY better with my $100 Remington SPR100 20 Gauge! I rock with that thing :)

Mod/Full choke is not the best for skeet. Trap yes.

sargenv
07-14-2008, 2:50 PM
You may want to try that gun on something a bit farther away, or see if you can get some spreader ammo that will open up your pattern a bit. You may also want to treat that one as an investment and get something more in line for skeet. You can shoot skeet with those chokes, but it's a world of difference between skeet/skeet and Mod/Full.

Thefeeder
07-14-2008, 3:02 PM
FYI -----Never, Never shoot steel shot through the old superposed.

..fun to smoke'm with full and Mod chokes. Unless its in excellent "original" condition 97-100%.....value will not be harmed to much. Take good care of it.

sargenv
07-14-2008, 3:20 PM
True that.. this would be a gun to use the bismuth no-tox shot in. Although it's a bit pricey.