PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Customization Ideas

Coda
07-10-2008, 11:41 AM
So I will be taking possession of my Wilson CQB in a few days. I know I want to refinish it (to silver armortuff), get the safety switched out to a single side and perhaps get my name engraved on it and crown the barrel. Any other ideas? thanks.

USN CHIEF
07-10-2008, 12:07 PM
You got any pics of her?

JTROKS
07-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Why change the ambi-safety? That's a feature that most folks would have. For a 1911 HD or range gun it's an asset unless you're really not planning to use it for weakhand shooting drills. Most folks don't think about it, but what if you injure your strong (assuming you're right handed) hand during the fight, or a sport/household chore accident? Being able to engage/dis-engage the safety with your left thumb is a nice feature. If this will be your ultimate HD think about getting night sights inserts. Don't even bother with extended slide stop or mag release.

Prowler
07-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I wouldn't change a thing. Additionally, when you decide to sell it, engraving your name on it will make it more difficult to sell and causes the value to drop.

Coda
07-10-2008, 12:35 PM
I can get pics tomorrow when I pick it up after I've "cooled off." That's a good point about the ambi-safety. I suppose I could just get it shaved down a bit for my crimson grips. It does come with night sights which I'm really looking forward too. Oh and about the engraving, I plan to keep this one for life!

FlyingPen
07-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Sounds like you should have just started with a completely custom gun not one that was ready out of the box.

Prowler
07-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I can get pics tomorrow when I pick it up after I've "cooled off." That's a good point about the ambi-safety. I suppose I could just get it shaved down a bit for my crimson grips. It does come with night sights which I'm really looking forward too. Oh and about the engraving, I plan to keep this one for life!

That is what I did with my Kimber. It works great.

Timberland
07-10-2008, 4:28 PM
In all reality you can disengage the saftey with your trigger finger. Im ok with the name, but why refinish a new 2K pistol. At the very least beat the crap out of the old finish first.

Coda
07-10-2008, 9:59 PM
but I must have it in silver! tomorrow will be the longest day ever...