PDA

View Full Version : Ban on RAA Saiga transfers?

99blkxj
07-09-2008, 2:31 PM
Hello. Just got a call from my brother who just tried to transfer one of his RAA Saiga's to one of his friend at Oak Tree Gun Club in Santa Clarita. He was in their 3 weeks ago and transfered one of the same rifles just fine.

He said Oak Tree called DOJ and they said those rifles are banned from transfer or something to that effect. His friend then called CWS where my brother originally picked up his RAA's at, and they said they don't transfer those anymore, but have different ones now.

I didn't think the new July 1st law affected ppt transfers and our DOJ could even ban any more rifles.

Thanks for the replies

JeffM
07-09-2008, 2:34 PM
No.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=1317180&postcount=21

Read my sig line.

Spyduh
07-09-2008, 2:37 PM
Like Jeff said. They are completely legal in CA.

It's just more FUDD that is being told to the local shops not to sell/transfer the RAAs.

God Bless The Mauser
07-09-2008, 2:41 PM
It's just the DOJ being the DOJ.

domokun
07-09-2008, 2:59 PM
Hello. Just got a call from my brother who just tried to transfer one of his RAA Saiga's to one of his friend at Oak Tree Gun Club in Santa Clarita. He was in their 3 weeks ago and transfered one of the same rifles just fine.

He said Oak Tree called DOJ and they said those rifles are banned from transfer or something to that effect. His friend then called CWS where my brother originally picked up his RAA's at, and they said they don't transfer those anymore, but have different ones now.

I didn't think the new July 1st law affected ppt transfers and our DOJ could even ban any more rifles.

Thanks for the replies

My question is what did he identify it as? Did he say it was a RAA Saiga or just "Saiga"? The folks on the phone probably said no because they don't want to get caught on the phone for potentially agreeing to transfer a firearm they're prohibited from transferring. If your brother wants to get it transfered, they can just take it down to CWS and do the transfer there or any other OLL friendly gun shop in the area and get it done.

It's just more DOJ FUD.
:fud:

FortCourageArmory
07-09-2008, 3:12 PM
RAA Saiga = OK to purchase
Kalashnikov USA Saiga = Banned

CaliforniaCarry
07-09-2008, 3:28 PM
I just picked up my first OLL at Oak Tree earlier today. They have their share of FUD, but it's generally far less than most other places. At least a couple of the guys regularly crawl these forums. I had my first face-to-face meeting with another calgunner in their shop.

I'm betting somewhere along the line "RAA Saiga" got translated as "Saiga".

99blkxj
07-09-2008, 5:17 PM
He initially said RAA saiga, but when they called DOJ they only said "saiga" to the DOJ. Needless to say he wasn't pleased, but he didnt push the issue. Thanks for the replies.