PDA

View Full Version : Stockless Shotguns…

Andering J REDDSON
07-09-2008, 3:00 PM
I need a semi-auto shotgun, 2Ø-gge, that can operate without a stock, preferably tube-mag and LONG barreled. ¿Can anyone point in the right direction? I had one in mind, the CZ-12Ø, but it’s no longer in production

Moonclip
07-09-2008, 3:57 PM
Maybe the Remington 11 or the Browning Auto 5? No longer in production but common finds. What do you have in mind?

Crusader
07-09-2008, 6:14 PM
I have a feeling that many semi-auto shotguns, and especially Benelli's inertia-driven designs, will not work very well without a stock.

Holding a shotgun in your hands may not provide enough support for the bolt to cycle.

Rob454
07-09-2008, 6:36 PM
I personally cant stand pistol grip only shotguns.
ROb

randy
07-09-2008, 11:53 PM
The real reason I can think of having a pistol grip only shotgun is if it is attatched to your gear and you need to have something small to breach a door. But then you'd have the barrel cut down to the end of the mag tube and you'd be all kinds of illegal. You wouldn't use it as a primary weapon.

Please enlighten me as to how you plan to deploy this gun. I'm up for learning something new.

JeffM
07-09-2008, 11:55 PM
The real reason I can think of having a pistol grip only shotgun is if it is attatched to your gear and you need to have something small to breach a door. But then you'd have the barrel cut down to the end of the mag tube and you'd be all kinds of illegal. You wouldn't use it as a primary weapon.

Please enlighten me as to how you plan to deploy this gun. I'm up for learning something new.

Bullpup? That would be pretty cool actually.

Hmmmmm....

AJAX22
07-10-2008, 12:04 AM
remmy 11's will work 100% reliably with pistol grip only setups.

they are among the best shotguns ever made.

(and no I'm not just saying that because I was selling one a while back, I actually love the things)

Andering J REDDSON
07-10-2008, 3:20 AM
The idea is to undersling it to a long arm (at this point, it might be an M-14 derivitive Range Rifle).
And yes, it is legal… Believe me, I TRIED to get Cal DOJ to say no. I really, really, TRIED… I even told the lady on the phone “This is not the answer I expected” and “¿What will it take to get you to say no?” and she wasn’t budging…

Soldier415
07-10-2008, 6:11 AM
Something smells fishy...

sloguy
07-10-2008, 6:43 AM
The idea is to undersling it to a long arm (at this point, it might be an M-14 derivitive Range Rifle).
And yes, it is legal… Believe me, I TRIED to get Cal DOJ to say no. I really, really, TRIED… I even told the lady on the phone “This is not the answer I expected” and “¿What will it take to get you to say no?” and she wasn’t budging…

get it in writing. some uninformed receptionist might be feeding you bad info and youd never have proof of what she said. im just saying to get it in writing to cover your own butt.

+1 on the rem 11. they are very good guns.

Andering J REDDSON
07-10-2008, 8:21 AM
¿So Remington 11’s, popular choice? ¿Other ideas? I’m not afraid of multiple options…

Rob454
07-10-2008, 4:49 PM
Mossberg 500. There is the one that is called a combo model. it had a short barrel and a long barrel I think its 18 1/2 inches short and 26 ot 28 for the long. i have one of those. and it holds 5 rounds that would be the shortest shotgun with a pistol grip. I dont know what the overall length would have to be from tip of barrel to tail of pistol grip/stock but Im sure one of the guy son here knows it like his B-day

Andering J REDDSON
07-10-2008, 5:27 PM
No, that's a pump-action.