PDA

View Full Version : where to go in LA?

LMS
07-07-2008, 9:33 PM
would appreciate it if u guys could let me know what are some good gun stores in the Los Angeles area. Thank you.

mblat
07-07-2008, 9:49 PM
Good gun stores in LA? You are kidding, right? :D

Actually Ade's in Orange deserves all credit it gets. Ammo Bros in Cerritos.... despite my personal horror story with them they are getting decent reviews.
If you don't mind people speaking foreign language in front of you ( Armenian it is ) Gun Gallery in Glendale not bad.
In Culver City Martin Retting seems to be hit and miss as far as customer service...

Oldnoob
07-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Around LA Bain & Davis, and Jeffs ;sporting goods are both nice place. They actually open side by side in San Gabriel. I also hear nice thing about Enterprises, though I have no first hand experience with them.

If you don't mind drive just a little farther, OC indoor shooting range in Brea is a really nice place to deal with. They don't have big secretion of gun in stock but can order any thing with VERY reasonable price. And they don't try to jeff you small fee here and there(like: lock, extra handling fee, extra DROS fee...etc.) They are the honest gun shop I ever been to.

Get on Turner's outdoorsman's new's letter list. They are bad to deal with, but once a while their sale deal aren't bad. The one in Pasadena have few very nice cs in there.

Moonclip
07-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Gun Gallery=$

Saigon1965
07-08-2008, 1:46 AM
Gun stores no, but Pho yes.

DrunkSkunk
07-08-2008, 1:53 AM
Gun stores no, but Pho no.

BIAB

Saigon1965
07-08-2008, 1:56 AM
Drunk, I am taking you for some Pho soon.

DrunkSkunk
07-08-2008, 2:13 AM
Drunk, I am taking you for some Pho soon.

been there done that at the last BIAB meet up. Stuff is disgusting. I had egg rolls.

Demophilus
07-08-2008, 1:57 PM
Martin Retting is a little overpriced for new pistols, but they occasionally have something on sale. They have a pretty good rotating inventory of milsurp, C&R, and long guns. They also have pretty good milsurp rifle ammo pricing.

Turners is good for stuff on sale. I go to Redondo, but they have a store in Reseda.

Big 5 is the place for milsurp and long guns. They run pretty good sale prices every week. But, their rifle ammo prices suck.

Don't know that I've bought from anywhere else, but if I'm in San Pedro I stop at Union War Surplus. Their selection is hit or miss, but the prices are pretty good.

Black Majik
07-08-2008, 2:52 PM
For just pure looking around, Rettings is probably the best place to go. They have a nice selection of guns to browse through, but their prices are towards the higher end of the spectrum.

been there done that at the last BIAB meet up. Stuff is disgusting. I had egg rolls.

With a coke... oh wait..

X-NewYawker
07-08-2008, 4:32 PM
I wrote a long *** post that got eaten -- to sum it up --
Rettings - good tactical bolt gun collection. Bargains on used.
Gun World (you can negotiate on some stuff -- don;t let the price tag scare you)
Oak tree gun club - see Sean he'll take care of you
Fort C0urage - not a lot of stock but Tim will get you what you need

Go to Turners if you're buying a gun from their ad that's really cheap
for a shotgun or a 10/22 go to Bog 5

Delfunk2015
07-08-2008, 4:43 PM
ill take you up on some pho..pho tai khong hanh to be exact =) oh yeah...ide recommend ADES but its a lil south of LA

Greg-Dawg
07-08-2008, 7:19 PM
Turners.

Saigon1965
07-08-2008, 7:24 PM
ill take you up on some pho..pho tai khong hanh to be exact =) oh yeah...ide recommend ADES but its a lil south of LA

Cool, next time I am down there.

djp7558
07-08-2008, 9:58 PM
Insight range in artesia claims you can shoot the gun you buy from them while your waiting the ten days.

So...its used before its yours?
How would that work? ...What if your refused?
I smell a reverse STRAW used gun purchase!

Dan

pottymouth310
07-09-2008, 7:32 AM
what are you looking to buy? or are you just looking?
if you what to look at a large selection then go to places like Stockade, Martin Rettings or Turners. But your paying top dollar & they don't carry OLL
if you want relics go Big 5.
if you want fun stuff - Metroshot or Ammo bro but get ready for the BS bad service and ignorant sales people.
like most of the members here know, there a "no" good gunstores in LA anymore. might wanna try Gunrunners in Durate.

good luck!

GTXR390
07-09-2008, 7:56 AM
Gun stores no, but Pho yes.

Oh man, PHO sounds good right about now...for breakfast, lunch and dinner...ahahaa

jakethesnake
07-09-2008, 10:55 AM
I've been to Martin B. Retting dozens of times and I've always received excellent customer service. Not a bad thing to say about them. Prices are not rock bottom, but they're not ripping anyone off either. By far the best place for guns in LA.

360PA
07-09-2008, 6:36 PM
Having been to most shops in LA city, I would say there are no good gun shops, or ranges for that matter.

munkeeboi
07-09-2008, 7:23 PM
I've lived around Culver City for years now and have avoided Rettings due to the feedback I read on some other forums. Went there just to look for the first time a month ago and had great service and teh guys had a pretty good attitude. I know from reading that they have their own personal feelings regarding OLL's so I knew not to bring anything up. But for handguns and general knowledge, it's pretty good considering that everything else near West LA is a 20-30 minute drive.