PDA

View Full Version : 2008 SCPRC Range Scouting

Spaniard
07-07-2008, 6:47 PM
Some of you have asked if you can go up to the range on Friday to do some scouting and I have no problem with that. I will be there Friday setting up for the event, so if any of you want to scout the range be my guest.

Just be mindful of the Range Master Larry who may ask you who you are and please don't interfere with any shooters. You need to be a WEGC Member if I am not there or be with a member.

I will probably be there around noon.

See you this weekend.

Mark-Spaniard

CamW
07-07-2008, 9:54 PM
I'll be at the range on Friday setting up for the pistol match that I run on Saturday.If any of you SCPRC shooters would like to join in on the Action Pistol match on Saturday morning, I'll let you shoot for members price of $10. Its a IPSC style match with 5 pistol stages and one shotgun stage. The shotgun stage can be shot with a pistol.You'll need 150 rounds of pistol ammo and a box of birdshot,holster, and mag pouches .I'll have a loaner 870 there if you need a shotgun.Pistol and shotgun ammo are available at the Main Range.
Sign ups start at 8am, shooters brief at 8:30, shooting starts shortly thereafter.Tell the person handling the sign ups that your shooting Mark's match.
Let me know if you want to shoot the pistol match.

Vu 308
07-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Spaniard,

Would it be OK for us to get a 100yard zero on the public 100yard range as we did last year? We plan to be in the AO around 5pm to 6pm. If possible we would like to do this Friday so we can get our beauty sleep on Saturday AM. =)

ar15barrels
07-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Cameron-

Ryan and I were talking about shooting from the 500M line around 7am friday until 10am or so when we know we have to let the bays go to members.
Please don't show up too early for setup.

CamW
07-08-2008, 6:15 AM
I was planning to start setting up earlier to beat the heat. How about finishing at 9am?
You better get there earlier,BOLO got to the range at 7am last Thursday and there were already 2 groups of shooters on the back range.

rksimple
07-08-2008, 6:15 AM
Randall-I can't make it. I have cpr recert with my office staff at 7 friday morning.

Is angeles about the same elevation?

wildcard
07-08-2008, 6:27 AM
Cameron-

Ryan and I were talking about shooting from the 500M line around 7am friday until 10am or so when we know we have to let the bays go to members.
Please don't show up too early for setup.

If you're starting early and ending early.. can I roll over with you? Plus it'll be a chance for me to learn to get there!

wildcard
07-08-2008, 6:34 AM
Randall-I can't make it. I have cpr recert with my office staff at 7 friday morning.

Is angeles about the same elevation?

Wow. My CPR expired a long time ago. I don't remember much of it :( I should go review my handouts.

Vu 308
07-08-2008, 6:43 AM
Looks like low to mid 90s partly cloudy this weekend.

Spaniard was worried about gettin his hair wet but it looks like it should be dry.

Vu

wildcard
07-08-2008, 6:44 AM
Looks like low to mid 90s partly cloudy this weekend.

Spaniard was worried about gettin his hair wet but it looks like it should be dry.

Vu

I would have loved for it to rain..

Vu 308
07-08-2008, 6:53 AM
Same here man....keeps the dust down from the So Cal Brakes. LOL

Getting pretty pumped up for this event...rarely do I get to pull the trigger without doing any work on the range.

Pascal
07-08-2008, 7:13 AM
Vu,

U can check with Spaniard, but as far as I know the public range is open so I think you'll be able to get your zero before the match.

If I recall, we did so last year.

Vu 308
07-08-2008, 7:46 AM
Froggie,

Last year we zero'ed on Saturday AM. I was hoping to do this Friday afternoon/early evening so that we don't have to be at the range so early Saturday to beat the crowds.

Vu

Jicko
07-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Can someone post elevation data? And example barometer readings?

Also, where's everyone staying? Which hotel/motel? (except those who will be sleeping in their cars on the range... or stalking in the gilles on the field for the night, to make it real... lol)