PDA

View Full Version : Springfield XD .45 4 inch

Mississippi
07-07-2008, 3:33 PM
I need a tan drop leg holster for my 4 inch service Springfield model .45 XD. I have looked until my looker seems broken! Please help.

NoobShooter
07-07-2008, 5:10 PM
Do a google search for the following words.
thigh holster xd tan

Many options will pop up.

If you're looking for a tan Blackhawk Serpa holster for the XD, I don't believe they make them... yet.

Californio
07-07-2008, 5:13 PM
http://www.lapolicegear.com/blsetahobe92.html

Axewound
07-07-2008, 6:03 PM
try safari land

Mississippi
07-07-2008, 9:30 PM
Do a google search for the following words.
thigh holster xd tan

Many options will pop up.

If you're looking for a tan Blackhawk Serpa holster for the XD, I don't believe they make them... yet.

For some reason that never crossed my mind to do. Man I should have finished up that Masters degree.

Thanks for all the help.

heycorey
07-08-2008, 6:58 AM
Mo betta ... http://www.lapolicegear.com/sa60taho.html

I've got an XD-45 Service. You can get the SafariLand 6004 in Tan. There are several training facilities that either discourage the use of Serpa's or flat out won't allow them. I've got both. Didn't have any problems with the Serpa, but now prefer the SafariLand.

DeeL2003
07-08-2008, 7:09 AM
Mo betta ... http://www.lapolicegear.com/sa60taho.html

I've got an XD-45 Service. You can get the SafariLand 6004 in Tan. There are several training facilities that either discourage the use of Serpa's or flat out won't allow them. I've got both. Didn't have any problems with the Serpa, but now prefer the SafariLand.

What's their reason for not using Serpas?

heycorey
07-08-2008, 7:29 AM
What's their reason for not using Serpas?

I've been told the release mechanism (also the retention mechanism), which works relative to the trigger guard, has contributed to some AD's.

Loaded chamber + something inside the trigger guard + a little too much downward pressure = BANG!

I have no personal knowledge of it happening, but I had to get a different holster to train with Tactical Response. And have heard similar stories elsewhere. Besides, all the cool kids use Safariland ... :cool2:

NoobShooter
07-09-2008, 12:01 AM
For some reason that never crossed my mind to do. Man I should have finished up that Masters degree.

Thanks for all the help.

Hope you work harder on your Masters. Safariland does show on some webpages if you looked deeper than just scanning pictures on the website. :rolleyes:

I've been told the release mechanism (also the retention mechanism), which works relative to the trigger guard, has contributed to some AD's.

Loaded chamber + something inside the trigger guard + a little too much downward pressure = BANG!

I have no personal knowledge of it happening, but I had to get a different holster to train with Tactical Response. And have heard similar stories elsewhere. Besides, all the cool kids use Safariland ...

My brother and I went to a training and they didn't mind the Serpa holsters. If you look at the design of the holster (I have one) you can see there is no way the retention clip will touch your trigger (i doubt they would allow that out of their R&D if that happens).

Main reason for AD is the manner you press the release button. Actual cases where a competition shooter or speed shooter press the release button with a curled finger as he/she drew firearm. The curled finger would slip into the trigger as the gun is drawn and BANG. :eek:

Proper release of the Serpa is with a straight finger press. It does take a little practice to get that muscle memory in. :cool:

heycorey
07-09-2008, 6:03 AM
My brother and I went to a training and they didn't mind the Serpa holsters. If you look at the design of the holster (I have one) you can see there is no way the retention clip will touch your trigger (i doubt they would allow that out of their R&D if that happens).

Main reason for AD is the manner you press the release button. Actual cases where a competition shooter or speed shooter press the release button with a curled finger as he/she drew firearm. The curled finger would slip into the trigger as the gun is drawn and BANG. :eek:

Proper release of the Serpa is with a straight finger press. It does take a little practice to get that muscle memory in. :cool:

I looked at one my Serpa's. I can see your point. The retention clip does look to be pretty much at the other end of the trigger guard. In any case, I've used them with no problems, but I can see where a curled finger could make for an unhappy day.