PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up my Sig P220

JonMartin
07-03-2008, 9:41 PM
Hello I just wanted to intro my self my name is Jon and I just picked up my first gun a Sig Sauer P220 .45 w/NS from Turners. :43: :cool2: I can't wait to break her in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/illest350GT/MyGuns015.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/illest350GT/MyGuns020.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/illest350GT/MyGuns012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/illest350GT/MyGuns016.jpg

slowfire
07-03-2008, 9:49 PM
Can't argue with your choice of caliber . . . and Sigs are excellent firearms. Well done, good choice, be careful, this is where it starts.:D:D

OutlawDon
07-03-2008, 9:49 PM
Damn gorgeous for a first gun! Great choice....it's a keeper! Welcome onboard.

USN CHIEF
07-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Welcome and now you need to get a light/laser combo for that thing. It looks naked. Streamlight M6 tactical Illuminator.

69Mach1
07-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Very nice. Hell of a first gun, and welcome to the forum.

JonMartin
07-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Welcome and now you need to get a light/laser combo for that thing. It looks naked. Streamlight M6 tactical Illuminator.

Thanks guys, I'll look into that light also.

battleship
07-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Very nice, i have the same P220, though i find it a bit heavy when fully loaded.

Eric_Oh
07-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Very nice, i have the same P220, though i find it a bit heavy when fully loaded.

+1. I picked up the 220ST as a CPO and enjoy shooting it very much. But that sucker is way heavy loaded up. NOw i want a 226ST to match. lol.

JonMartin
07-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Not that I'm some expert but one of the reasons I chose this gun was because of the weight lol. my buddies HK USP .45 felt too light to me.

gcvt
07-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Congrats! Nice photos - she's gorgeous.

comandante costello
07-04-2008, 1:16 AM
Not that I'm some expert but one of the reasons I chose this gun was because of the weight lol. my buddies HK USP .45 felt too light to me.

I think you'll be happy with your choice. I had a HK USP .45, and I thought it was fantastic, but it was just a bit too big for my hand. I sold it, and just DROSed an identical Sig P220ST with night-sights on Wednesday :D.

Very nice pictures btw.

Edit: Just wondering, was Turner's having a sale or did you splurge? I picked mine up NIB from a private party, I think I got a decent deal.

JonMartin
07-04-2008, 2:02 AM
I think you'll be happy with your choice. I had a HK USP .45, and I thought it was fantastic, but it was just a bit too big for my hand. I sold it, and just DROSed an identical Sig P220ST with night-sights on Wednesday :D.

Very nice pictures btw.

Edit: Just wondering, was Turner's having a sale or did you splurge? I picked mine up NIB from a private party, I think I got a decent deal.

I splurged I'm pretty sure I paid too much oh well why not splurge my gun virginity away.:D

comandante costello
07-04-2008, 2:28 AM
I splurged I'm pretty sure I paid too much oh well why not splurge my gun virginity away.:D

Don't worry about it, sometimes it just feels nice to splurge. The USP was my first gun, and while it was on sale, it was much more expensive than the other options I was considering, and definitely was a splurge. And it felt good :D.

Edit: Just realized how bad that all sounds haha. I need to go to sleep.

Vin496
07-04-2008, 8:06 AM
Awesome gun. I have 7 days left on my 226 ST left. I think the Stainless Sigs are some of the hottest looking guns.

That's the way to go, full out on a 1st gun, then your not always wishing you should have gotten that one other piece instead.
:hurray::hurray:

cobra198
07-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Very nice choice, great pics too! Enjoy it! Have fun and be safe.

Sig226
07-04-2008, 11:20 AM
For .45, IMO, you picked the best. :D

I'm slightly partial to my P226 .357sig but to each is own. ;)

Also, if you did want to add a light/laser, another +1 for the M6x (http://www.opticsplanet.net/insight-technology-m6x-tactical-illuminator.html)

Enjoy!

battleship
07-04-2008, 11:41 AM
My 1st gun was a 6" colt python still the best looking gun i have, 2nd was SW model 29 44 magnum, then i needed a semi auto so i got the sig p220 just like the original threader, have to say it is one of the most goodlooking semis out there, i wish i could get an elite to complement her. Still i would take a HKP7M8 over any semi auto theres just something about that design, uncluttered and simplistic yet brilliant in its conception and has by far the best ergonimcs when it comes to fitting in your hand, it feels like a true extension of your arm.

The SoCal Gunner
07-04-2008, 6:03 PM
Nice choice. My first and only Sig is also a P220st but with the rail for the compensator. Trigger was much nicer than the Hk USP45 I had but they each have their pros and cons.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/lilxboi/Firearms%20and%20Knives/Sig%20Sauer%20P220st/Sigp220st.jpg

xdgregg
07-20-2008, 7:06 AM
You have a beautiful gun there.

I'm not that familiar with Sigs, is that gun on the list? There are plenty of P220's there, but none of them say "ST". :confused:

Also, is that a 3.75 or 4.4" barrel?

Thanks
Gregg

Nice choice. My first and only Sig is also a P220st but with the rail for the compensator. Trigger was much nicer than the Hk USP45 I had but they each have their pros and cons.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/lilxboi/Firearms%20and%20Knives/Sig%20Sauer%20P220st/Sigp220st.jpg

Trendkill
07-20-2008, 8:40 AM

No problems having a heavier gun at all......if it is a home defense / range / fun gun.....heavy is a non-issue. In fact....the extra weight will assist with staying on target for follow-up shots....assist in absorbtion of recoil and it makes a good club in a pinch.

Congrats on the new gun.....its a beauty.....maybe throw some wood grips on that bad-boy eh???

ldivinag
07-25-2008, 5:10 PM
You have a beautiful gun there.

I'm not that familiar with Sigs, is that gun on the list? There are plenty of P220's there, but none of them say "ST". :confused:

Also, is that a 3.75 or 4.4" barrel?

Thanks
Gregg

ST sigs mean they are made in STAINLESS STEEL. they are heavier than the standard alum ones.

that 220ST with the compensator rails, is the first gen 220ST line.

sig took the 220 SPORT frame, which WAS made already in stainless steel and just took out the front end compensator add-on, which added like an additional 1" to the length of the gun.

subsequent generations now come with standard rails.

to make up for it, sig made a rail adapter, in delrin plastic that slides on that non standard picatinny rail. the adapter then has the standard rail at the bottom.

so it adds about 3/4" to the bottom of the rails.

at first sig wanted like $70 for the piece of plastic. after a few complaints, they eventually dropped the price to like $26.

personally, they shoulda just gave the thing away to us first gen 220ST owners...

xdgregg
07-25-2008, 5:25 PM
Thanks, that explains a lot.

ST sigs mean they are made in STAINLESS STEEL. they are heavier than the standard alum ones.

that 220ST with the compensator rails, is the first gen 220ST line.

sig took the 220 SPORT frame, which WAS made already in stainless steel and just took out the front end compensator add-on, which added like an additional 1" to the length of the gun.

subsequent generations now come with standard rails.

to make up for it, sig made a rail adapter, in delrin plastic that slides on that non standard picatinny rail. the adapter then has the standard rail at the bottom.

so it adds about 3/4" to the bottom of the rails.

at first sig wanted like $70 for the piece of plastic. after a few complaints, they eventually dropped the price to like $26.

personally, they shoulda just gave the thing away to us first gen 220ST owners...

SubSolar
09-09-2008, 10:59 PM
How do you like the gun? I have a new 220ST with external extractor in the mail right now. I also have a 226ST in .40 S&W which I love.