PDA

View Full Version : P6 Question

zx10razor
07-03-2008, 7:22 PM
I just bought a sig p6 and noticed the gun seems to shoot 6 inches lower than normal. Is this normal? I have heard the Germans are trained differently as far as POA.

I usually aim 6 oclock on bullseye which puts all my rounds 6 inches low at 25 yards. I am thinking of changing sites for this reason, I want my POA and POI on all of my guns to be the same. Any help would be appreciatted.

Greg-Dawg
07-03-2008, 7:28 PM
Do you flinch?

golfrj
07-03-2008, 7:38 PM
Most Defense type pistols are designed to cover the target with the front sight, in all probability your pistol is sighted correctly for a Sig and you are not used to this non target type sights, you can get different heights of Sig sights if you need to move your groups up.. Regards, Jim

zx10razor
07-03-2008, 7:55 PM
Thanks for the replies, no I'm not flinching thats what I thought at first but put it on a rest same thing. Plus I've shot quite a bit, previous job MCSF battalion.

I geuss I will cover the target so the front sight post is at top of the bullseye correct? Instead of at 6 oclock. I'll try that tomorrow and see how it works. I really dont want to put any money into it (new sights).

Another thought after looking at the test target that came with the gun the half black and white circle with the inverted triangle. I am geussing now that the top of the front site is probably ailigned with the top of the triangle and the point of impact is the bottom of the triangle. About six inches. I think I figured it out thanks.

Not sure I like it too much seems a little weird.

Nra-Life-Member
07-03-2008, 8:00 PM
What do you normally shoot? Revolver or Semi-Auto..

Vectrexer
07-03-2008, 8:24 PM
My P6 shot perfectly. In fact I can blame me more than the P6 for any poor shots. And my P6 is definitely not one of the top ones that came through.

JohnnyBangBang
07-03-2008, 8:59 PM
Mine shoots low as well. I find that instead of lining up the top of the two sights, if I line up the middle of the front sight with the top of the rear its right on.

rayrayz
07-03-2008, 9:18 PM
my P6 shoots just as it should. just can't aim straight....but getting better:p

pklin1297
07-03-2008, 9:47 PM
just out of curiosity, what is the number on your front and rear sight?

JTROKS
07-03-2008, 9:52 PM
Mine shoots a bit to the left but the dead level on the front sight at 10 yards.

slowfire
07-03-2008, 10:01 PM
My P6 at 21 feet has to cover the 3" shootNsee bullseye in order to hit CoM. Do the German police train on silhouttes/center of mass?

zx10razor
07-03-2008, 10:48 PM
The range I shoot at only has pistol targets at 25yards, so I am unsure how it would be at 10 or 15 yards.

I normally shoot Berreta M9..

I wouldnt say the gun shoots bad or me; just tight groups low. If I aim higher than I am used too, just above or on top of the bullseye I hit the bullseye. I am just not accustmed to it. And find it akward.

I was trained to shoot differently in the Marines as far as POA and impact.

The front sight is 8 rear 7.

Dont get me wrong I am not disappointed in the gun especially for the price. I think sig makes a good weapon but I dont see the hype for sigs, the trigger also took alittle getting used to.

Its just different, thanks for all the replies.

maxicon
07-04-2008, 9:35 AM
Did you try different ammo as well?

If it shoots low from the bench and there's nothing loose or tweaked on the sights or slide to barrel fit, you need to change one of your sights. 6" is a pretty big offset, though, so it's worth looking closer to see what's up.

Here's Sig's reference on the different sight numbers and what you'd need to change.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerService/documents/UniversalSightPusher.pdf

Front sights: 1" change between numbers at 25 yards
Rear sights: 2" change between numbers at 25 yards
When changing the sights, remember this rule: “NUMBERS UP, IMPACT UP; NUMBERS DOWN, IMPACT DOWN”. This is true whether it concerns the front or rear sights.

If you don't want to change sights, you can raise the POI by filing down the front sight, then re-bluing it when it's done. This only works on blade sights, not dot sights.

Mine's pretty close at 10 yards with a front 8 and a rear 7, and I shoot a 6 o'clock hold with the all-black sights (and with all my iron sight guns).

http://maxicon.com/guns/sig/sig_p6_group_1-a.jpg

JTROKS
07-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Nice group! I'll have to bench my Sig to see how accurate it is. Pretty much offhand it is more accurate than my stock 5906.