PDA

View Full Version : SA 1911 loaded question

StrangeBrew
07-02-2008, 2:59 PM
I recently bought a new SA loaded and it has been very reliable, however, the last time I took it to the range the rear sight became loose. When I brought it home I centered the sight as best as I could and tightened the screw down tight.

After tightening it down as tight as possible, should I still be worried about it?

savs2k
07-02-2008, 3:31 PM
i would just take it for warrenty work. to me its not worth the head ache and hassle if it were to come loose

USN CHIEF
07-02-2008, 3:35 PM
Yes, send it back to SA. I will be receiving mine back today from them. I had the same ****ing problem with mine. I sent it in like back on the 20th and they only took like one day for SA to fix it and they pay for the shipping and handling.

Lobstradomus
07-02-2008, 3:38 PM
Same thing happened to my fathers SA 9mm 1911, he tightened it himself and it came loose again, he had to send it back to SA twice but it seems to be staying put now.

StrangeBrew
07-02-2008, 3:59 PM
Alright thanks guys, I'll give SA a call tomorrow and send it in.

donny619
07-03-2008, 9:21 AM
From my experience, one of the best things about owning a SA product is the customer service. I had a low/left shooting problem (even from a rest) with my Loaded 1911. I called them, and they emailed me a shipping label. In two weeks I got it back with a new barrel, barrel bushing, trigger, hammer and a trigger job. After a range test, they reported it was still shooting a bit low, so they replaced the front site with a lower one. All of this for nothing except 2 weeks of waiting.

They're great with their service. If you need anything else done or have any other concerns, I would roll all the issues into your service call.

Prowler
07-03-2008, 9:30 AM
I have a SA Loaded SS in 9mm. I've never had any problems with it, however it's nice to know that they'll take care of the problem. It sounds like they have really poor quality control issues, based on these posts.

Crazed_SS
07-03-2008, 9:37 AM
I had the same problem.. http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=183694

Had to use a rubber mallet to re-center it and tighten the crap out if it with a little allen wrench. Hasnt moved since.

USN CHIEF
07-03-2008, 9:42 AM
I had the same problem.. Had to use a rubber mallet to re-center it and tighten the crap out if it with a little allen wrench. Hasnt moved since.

I am really started to get paranoid reading all these problems with SA 1911's. Like Prowler said, it sounds like they have a serious Quality Control problem. When I called them and asked them if this was a normal problem that they had with their 1911's they told me that it was not a problem they had. From reading all this stories, it is beginning to worry me. I would expect more for a gun that cost me over 1k dollars. :mad:

Prowler
07-03-2008, 9:45 AM
I am really started to get paranoid reading all these problems with SA 1911's. Like Prowler said, it sounds like they have a serious Quality Control problem. When I called them and asked them if this was a normal problem that they had with their 1911's they told me that it was not a problem they had. From reading all this stories, it is beginning to worry me. I would expect more for a gun that cost me over 1k dollars. :mad:

First of all, I doubt that they would admit that they have alot of problems with their pistols. I think you should sell it and get a Wilson Combat. I hear they're really good with quality control... :43:

Crazed_SS
07-03-2008, 9:47 AM
I hear you.. It is kinda disconcerting when you pay so much for something. I had to send my M1A back for repair 2 weeks after buying it. $1580 rifle! They fixed it up nice though and it's been perfect.. k

Truth be told, my SA 1911 has been the most reliable handgun I have though.. The Sig and XD have both had hiccups here and there, but the 1911 has been absolutely flawless through about 1500 rounds so far. When I first took it out, I blew through 300 rds and it just kept going.. didnt even lube it up that well either.

EDIT: Well, now I have a Glock so it'll probably be promoted to "most reliable handgun"

USN CHIEF
07-03-2008, 9:49 AM
First of all, I doubt that they would admit that they have alot of problems with their pistols. I think you should sell it and get a Wilson Combat. I hear they're really good with quality control... :43:

Wilson Combat is in route from... :43::D:party: