PDA

View Full Version : Pachmayr Dominator in .308?

thedonger
07-02-2008, 2:24 PM
Just wanting to make sure.

Is the Pachmayr Dominator in .308 with a muzzlebrake legal is CA?

I know its a single shot so no semi-auto issues and also not an actual pistol but is their any chance I'll get any grief once I install it on my 1911?

dfletcher
07-02-2008, 3:40 PM
This is the unit that bolts on to a 1911 frame, right? Not sure what issues can come up, so I'd say fine. Should be no different than ordering a barrel for a T/C Encore or Contender.

Fjold
07-02-2008, 5:08 PM
The Dominator upper is an uncontrolled part and since it's not a semi-automatic pistol it doesn't trip the "Assault Weapons" classification if the barrel is threaded for the brake.

OOPs, I'm an idiot mine is a SASS upper not a dominator.
I have an unthreaded 223 upper.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/SASSUpper.jpg

What Just Happened?
07-02-2008, 5:19 PM
Oh man, you guys need to import some STI frames with those single shot uppers.

Black_Talon
07-02-2008, 5:57 PM
Oh man, you guys need to import some STI frames with those single shot uppers.

I seem to remember a thread earlier this year where a Calgunner said he had one of those Pachmayr top-ends and was willing to lend it out for just that purpose.

Do a search and see what turns up.

What Just Happened?
07-02-2008, 5:58 PM
Yeah, that was Jojo asking to borrow AR15barrel's upper.

Fjold
07-02-2008, 7:03 PM
I seem to remember a thread earlier this year where a Calgunner said he had one of those Pachmayr top-ends and was willing to lend it out for just that purpose.

Do a search and see what turns up.

You can borrow mine. That's why I bought it.

TonyM
07-02-2008, 8:09 PM
You can borrow mine. That's why I bought it.

:devil: :cheers2:

Where do I send the rental deposit? ;)

Fjold
07-02-2008, 8:21 PM
:devil: :cheers2:

Where do I send the rental deposit? ;)

If you get an out of state FFL to agree to build it on a 1911 frame and an FFL here in Cali to receive it. I'll be glad to loan it to you.

All I ask from members who have been on here a while (like you) is to get one other Calgun longtimer (who knows you in real life) to vouch for you and I'll send it to you for the price of postage. You can return it when you're done with it, just keep me informed of where it is.

TonyM
07-02-2008, 8:25 PM
If you get an out of state FFL to agree to build it on a 1911 frame and an FFL here in Cali to receive it. I'll be glad to loan it to you.

All I ask from members who have been on here a while (like you) is to get one other Calgun longtimer (who knows you in real life) to vouch for you and I'll send it to you for the price of postage. You can return it when you're done with it, just keep me informed of where it is.

Lemme look into the FFLs. I think I can get a member or 2 of the Calguns Foundation to vouch for me. :)

That's quite a generous offer. I'm sure we'll be able to work something out for your service. :cool:

ar15barrels
07-03-2008, 10:42 PM

And he STILL has it!

ar15barrels
02-17-2010, 11:26 PM

Guess what...
JoJo STILL has my upper...

I'm getting an STI frame though. :D