View Full Version : grip covers for xd 45

07-02-2008, 11:22 AM
i have the springfiels xd 45 and im looking for the stick on grip enhancer but dont know what kind are good i found some that say sand or rubber .....dont know want your guys opinion .....thanks

Shawn L
07-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Check out this forum. http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/

07-02-2008, 12:43 PM
though a different pistol, I run grip decals on my USP. www.decalgrip.com

I run the rubber ones, while my friend runs the sand ones on his glock.

Though the rubber is a tad thicker, I like them better as I found the sand a bit abrasive. If anything, they're cheap enough to buy both and try them out.

Or check the forum listed above and see who likes what and why.

07-02-2008, 2:25 PM
thanks guys for the info

07-02-2008, 3:09 PM
I use skateboard tape. It's the same kind of sandpaper-like sticker paper that hardware stores sell as stairway friction tape. I bought a huge roll of it at Home Depot for $20. It'll prolly last me a lifetime (or maybe not, as I also use it for my hockey blades). Very easy to cut out your own decals. Cover my grips w/ masking tape and mark the grip outlines, then cut out those shapes and use them as stencils on the skateboard tape. Pretty exact. If the grit is too rough, you can use another piece to sand it down a little.

ETA: It helps to degrease the area before sticking the tape on (rubbing alcohol works well). It also helps to round the corners a little on the pieces, as 90 degree corners can catch and peel off. See Stockton's pic for a good example of how it's done. ;)

07-02-2008, 3:12 PM
Same here as previous poster... excellent grip!