PDA

View Full Version : special chinese 12g ammo

weezil_boi
07-01-2008, 11:04 PM
:DAwhile back I was layin around and watching some show on tv about the police forces in china. The news style documentary went on to talk about their newer rifles and rounds, moving away from aks, and then showed their shotgun ammo... it shot little "pyramids" or "triangle shaped" shot, not the lead or steel round shot. They showed them hitting a side of beef with each and the triangle stuff just shredded the beef from across the room.

Not sure of anyone else caught that, I wanna say over a year ago... but....

does anyone know who makes that ammo? And where can I get some :43:

WoodrowShootist
07-01-2008, 11:21 PM
there was a cubic shot in the early 80's? i dunno exactly but a book i have talks about it. but i did a search for it and there's a shop that has all kinds of crazy stuff.

http://www.hi-vel.com/Catalog__18/Specialized_Shotshell_Ammuniti/specialized_shotshell_ammuniti.html

Moonclip
07-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I remember the square shot as well. Me and another calgunner were discussing it on phone recently. I always though a shotgun slug on the Galser or Magsafe principle would be neat.

SteveH
07-10-2008, 8:05 PM
I remember the square shot as well. Me and another calgunner were discussing it on phone recently. I always though a shotgun slug on the Galser or Magsafe principle would be neat.

Federal Tactical "Bonded" buckshot. The buckshot remains enclosed in the wad until it strikes the target then the shot cup busts open releasing the shot. Was designed for LE agencies that wanted better vehicle penetration than standard bucksot but were not allowed to use slugs. Its extremely expensive ammo.