PDA

View Full Version : Overland Industries now offering AK kit builds to California

nightthunder
07-01-2008, 11:50 AM
As a result of many requests from members of calguns.net, several forum leaders, and the fine work done by the calguns.net 2nd Ammendment Forum we are now pleased to offer our Ak kit build services and our producton AK's to the California market. The cost of the basic AK build is $250.00 with the customer supplying the demilled kit, all of the 922r parts, and California required compliance parts. We are already shipping completed kit builds and have already shipped several of our production rifles under the CFLC (California Firearms License Check) program. Details of what is provided in the AK kit builds and compliance parts offered can be found at www.overlandindustries.com/kits.php along with phone numbers, FAX numbers, and email contacts.

These kit builds will comply with the State of California and California Department of Justice; requirements/laws/Senate Bills/Acts/Penal Codes/rulings from the "Harrott vs Kings County "court case/etc, including the; Roberti-Roos AW Control Act of 1989, Senate Bill 23, Penal Code 12276.1,and CCR11/5469. We are already registered in the CFLC Program, on line, as a FFL licensed dealer selling outside of California.

Overland Industries is a BATF licensed (07) Manufacturer, Dealer, and Gunsmith and works in cooperation with all Law Enforcement Agencies including Local, State, and Federal levels. Gary Robertson, Owner

lou3100
07-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Whats the labor cost involved with this?

DrunkSkunk
07-01-2008, 11:00 PM
hello - i have an ak47 and i'm curious about your services. I would like to convert my ak47 into a 5.45 ak74.

http://www.overlandindustries.com/kit.gif

nightthunder
07-02-2008, 2:22 AM
Whats the labor cost involved with this?

$250.00

DrunkSkunk
07-02-2008, 2:58 AM
$250.00

So just supply the 922r parts and you supply the kit and labor for $250 to complete it?

nightthunder
07-02-2008, 6:02 AM
So just supply the 922r parts and you supply the kit and labor for $250 to complete it?

No, you supply the demilled kit and 922r parts and we peform the build for the $250.00 price. Please read the web link, it answers your question in more depth, I just did not want to take up too much space on the thread. Thank you for asking.

lou3100
07-07-2008, 5:18 PM
Is this build compatible with the

Model NDS-1P with plate "Premium" Polish or Hungarian AKMS underfolder receiver. This variant has the pistol grip reinforcement plate installed. caliber 7.62x39

or

Model NDS-M92 "Premium" Yugo underfolder receiver. This variant will fit the M92 "Krinkov" and AKM based M70 kits on the market. caliber 7.62x39

nightthunder
07-09-2008, 3:59 AM
Is this build compatible with the

Model NDS-1P with plate "Premium" Polish or Hungarian AKMS underfolder receiver. This variant has the pistol grip reinforcement plate installed. caliber 7.62x39

or

Model NDS-M92 "Premium" Yugo underfolder receiver. This variant will fit the M92 "Krinkov" and AKM based M70 kits on the market. caliber 7.62x39

I am not clear on your question, the $250.00 kit build price is for any demilled AK, this includes AK-47's, AK-74's, any country, any model, fixed stock, side folders (Russian, Bulgarian, East German, Polish), underfolders (Polish, Romanian, etc) at no additional charge. If I am not answering your question, I appologize, just call me/email me, thank you.

Sam1
07-15-2008, 8:12 AM
can you guys source everything and build a kit and have it shipped to my FFL? what would be the price on this?

nightthunder
07-15-2008, 10:29 AM
can you guys source everything and build a kit and have it shipped to my FFL? what would be the price on this?

The answer is yes, we do this all the time. We offer our kit build services from where the customer supplies everything to we supply everything and everywhere in between. One customer may know exactly what they want and others just want to discuss options before deciding.

We have many customers new to AK's (newbies welcome) calling to ask questions they may have not found specific answers to on the forums and are just trying to make a decision on what best fits their needs.

Most of our customers are quite knowledgeable if not experts and want something very specific so their request are very specific.

At the far end we have customers that want museum quality builds that includes processes replicated at the original factory in 1953. Of course with these builds there is a lot of research that goes into these complicated builds.

We stock, as a convenience to our customers the 922r parts at or below the prices you will pay if you buy these your self, you can see what we offer and the prices we charge. We make very little or no profit with these parts.
Other parts that customers require or prefer and we do not carry, we can still get from our distributors, using our discount at little or no mark up.

Most people are either just too busy or do not want to pay double shipping charges to get the complete kit to us and may just supply the basic demilled kit and have us procure everything else.

If we are to ship to the FFL of your choice, this is not a problem, we do this all of the time and are registered on-line in the CFLC (California Firearms License Check) System, this now takes an additional 3 minutes including the time it takes to print out the letter.

As for the price, you have the price of the kit build, any parts you want us to supply, labor additions (if added to the build), shipping, and that's it. Very straight foreword and simple, just like an AK.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to email or call me at 928-680-3660 anytime. We are always eager to help out the family at calguns.net for the kindness they have extended to Overland.

FlyingPen
07-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks for doing this guys, what does an average Saiga conversion cost?

Spyduh
07-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks for doing this guys, what does an average Saiga conversion cost?

+1 on price for a Saiga Conversion.

Interested in your company supplying everything and shipping to my local FFL.

nightthunder
07-16-2008, 2:17 PM
+1 on price for a Saiga Conversion.

Interested in your company supplying everything and shipping to my local FFL.

The labor and manufacturing supplies (rivets, paint, drill bits, etc) for the back half conversion (less front handguards) is $150.00.

The material cost vary depending on preference however, the basic costs if we supply these parts are $30.00 for a TAPCO G2 trigger set (single or double hook, your call), $20.00 for a donor trigger guard with mag latch, $15.00 for a U.S. pistol grip, $45.00 for a U.S. buttstock. Total basic materials is $110.00.

Total material and labor is $260.00.

These parts should satisfy the 922r parts count now required due to modifying the rifle, other U.S. parts can be added such as U.S. manufactured mag spring, floorplate, or gas piston if so desired. The customers are welcomed to supply their own parts and selection of maufacturers, the rifle must be shipped in a 922r compliant configuration.

Basic labor cost includes removal of the old trigger guard, spot welds, installing rivets in unused holes (the slot is left open), installing a donor standard trigger guard and mag catch (in the new location) from a standard AK using AK-Builder.com correct swelled neck rivets, adjust the magwell for proper clearance with a customer supplied mag, modifying the base radius of the new hammer for proper clearance, squaring the opening in the receiver for the pistol grip T-nut, install and fit a new buttstock either fixed or t-6, touch up paint with KG GUNKOTE, and test fire for proper function.

The modifications allow for much better handling and control when carrying or firing the rifle, improved ergonomics, allows for better personal fit for the user, and a 3-4 lb trigger pull when using a TAPCO (equivalent or better) G2 trigger set.

Note 1: The most significant improvements that we have experienced are with the 308 and 12 gage models, other calibers were improved just not as significant.

Note 2: If the customer supplies the basic rifle we can ship directly back to the since this is merely gunsmithing work and still subject to all local, state, and federal laws.

Note 3: If we purchase the basic rifle for the customer, it must be transferred to a FFL dealer and still subject to local, state and federal laws.

Note 4: As you can see by this posting there are many issues and choices, since we cannot provide a one answer fits all, feel free to email or call me directly if I have not answered you question or concern.