View Full Version : Star .380

07-01-2008, 9:37 AM
Spanish made Star "Starfire" .380/9mmC marked on slide. Colt style,S/A no bushing plug,fixed sights, 6 round mag. Anyone have info? Bought at a Pawn Shop 10 to 14 years ago fo $80.00. I shot it once, used FMJ and HP's it never jammed or FTF. I'm thinking a reblue job, to make it "Purdy". Any and all comments welcome. Thanks!

07-01-2008, 9:48 AM
same maker as the "Firestar Plus"? Interarms I think?
I had one in 9mm. Looked like a Sig clone. Bought it for just under 200 out the door in the early 90's and sold it for just OVER 200 last year. Apparently they can fetch upwards of 300. Live and learn I guess.
Mine was a tank and never had any problems with it other than a bit of chipping on the hammer. It ate anything I fed it.

07-01-2008, 9:58 AM
Left out something, the slide markings on left side read;
STAR R. Echeverria
Eibar-Espana. On the uppermost part of the trigger guard, right below the slide stop, is the word "Spain"
No Interarms markings

07-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Star's and Astra's were Spanish made guns of fair quality and reasonable price. Very little collector interest in them that I'm aware of, so you'd probably be better to save the refinishing money and pick up something of higher quality someday.

The steel used in the guns was reported as "soft" by some, so durability seemed to be lacking in the long run.

07-01-2008, 10:49 AM
here it is, sorry for the quality. Since I now know how to post pics, I'll buy me a Camera:)

07-01-2008, 10:55 AM
redcliff, Kwest10, thank you for the input. The thing shoots great. I think it can be a nice "nightstand" pistol. I don't plan on spending much, maybe a spray on like Duracoat. You can see how ugly it is, the frame is Purple??
Thanks again guys. "Rich"

07-01-2008, 1:09 PM
No offence, but you shot an $80 piece once and you are thinking of using it as a night stand home defense weapon?? You should put 1,000 rounds through it and then decide. If it fails to fire even once, forget it. You will also learn to shoot it well which is important. Don't worry about refinishing an $80 gun; off it to someone who wants it and buy a decent gun to protect you and yours. Worth every penny.

07-01-2008, 1:36 PM
True I said I shot it once, I did not say I only fired one shot! IIRC I followed my usual practice at the time 100 rounds of Factory stuff, Ball and Hollow Point, then over 100 rounds of Reloads of various recipies made by yours truly. Thats the beauty of Reloading you can REALLY find out about a Guns favorite food, plus you shoot on the cheap! BTW-It kept all properly aimed shots in the Black at the San Leandro indoor range @ seven to fifteen feet!

07-01-2008, 4:00 PM
I'd give you $80 for it. The gun is definately not a Firestar. You can find more at the Spanish handgun forum at www.gunboards.com

07-01-2008, 5:09 PM
Thanks Moonclip :o) It's a "Starfire"! see OP!

07-01-2008, 9:30 PM
the logo looked the same as mine. Mine did come from Eibar spain. Probably same factory and an old model gun.
$80 10+ years ago, the thing is basically free at this point so I wouldn't invest a dime into it. Keep it an use it as a trunk gun. I kept mine and took it on camping trips or hiking through isolated areas.
Mine ran well over 5000 rounds without a problem. Or wait until a city has a gun buy back day where they trade some hefty prizes, gift certificates or other worthwhile stuff for junk guns to get them first before they potentially hit the streets. I think Oakland does one every year and offers $200 for any working gun.

07-01-2008, 11:35 PM
I semi collect Spanish guns so I'd like one of these maybe, this may be the Star DK model or the S I think? I last year or two passed on a model similar to one in your pic, a .22lr Star HK Lancer at IIRC $250 ANIB.

Some of these smaller Stars have not been imported since 1968 due to US laws against the import of small foreign handguns.

07-02-2008, 5:05 AM
Guys, I don't think there is any monetary value in this Gun, and I'd be to embarrassed to post it for sale. I would never give ANY gun to the Cops to destroy. I'm keeping it along with my other "Saturday Night Special" a Charter Arms Undercover .38. I just hate ugly guns and wanted to spruce it up a bit ( see pic). It's Butt Ugly :) How much would a spray on Duracoat finish cost?

07-02-2008, 6:17 AM
I've got a similar pistol that I acquired in pieces some time back. IIRC, it has a broken safety lever and mainspring.

Anyone know of a parts source?

Sorry for the thread jack :D .

07-02-2008, 7:52 AM
Heatseeker, If you give up on looking for parts, I'll take what you got! I would like to find a parts source as well, if I do I'll let ya know.

07-02-2008, 3:36 PM
I've got a similar pistol that I acquired in pieces some time back. IIRC, it has a broken safety lever and mainspring.

Anyone know of a parts source?

Sorry for the thread jack :D .

Try the Spanish forum that I refered to in an earlier post in this thread.