PDA

View Full Version : Schmoozing with your Chief of Police

jakemccoy
06-30-2008, 11:45 PM
I meant to say schmoozing, donating money to the Chief's political comrades, etc.

It's an anonymous poll.

EDIT:

The poll result of "I don't have a CCW permit" speaks louder than any comment in this thread.

Spyder
07-01-2008, 7:13 AM
Nope. I got mine just by asking for it.

Black Majik
07-01-2008, 8:00 AM
Nope. Ours turned female instead. :D

Kruzr
07-01-2008, 8:57 AM
Our former Sheriff is under Federal Indictment for corruption. Among other things, he is accused of accepting money as a result of schmoozing, donating money to the Chief's political comrades, etc

jakemccoy
07-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I started this same exact poll over at CCW.com. The thread got deleted...lol

I'm still trying to figure out why CCW.com is a forum site. There's no room to obtain any real information. The site should be just links to the CCW information. Everything else appears to be a bunch of CCW permit holders sitting around a camp fire smugly enjoying themselves. Why didn't somebody forewarn me?

hawk1
07-01-2008, 10:20 AM
What would you expect to gain by putting up a poll like this?
Do you really think the internet is anonymous? :D

jakemccoy
07-01-2008, 10:24 AM
What would you expect to gain by putting up a poll like this?

...knowledge on how to get a CCW permit in my unconstitutional "no issue" county

I don't have a whole lot of time to beat around the bush.

hawk1
07-01-2008, 10:28 AM
...a CCW permit maybe

You won't get one by pointing a finger at "someone" and saying I want one too because he got one...:rolleyes:

jakemccoy
07-01-2008, 10:39 AM
A single "yes" vote above is all I needed to know, thanks.

DVSmith
07-01-2008, 10:58 AM
A single "yes" vote above is all I needed to know, thanks.

And you believe that? Funny guy.

I can't speak for the mod that removed your poll at CalCCW.com, but they have a pretty strict policy against endorsing illegal activity. Bribing a public official to get a CCW seems like it might fall into that category, but you already know that don't you?

trinydex
07-01-2008, 11:35 AM
I started this same exact poll over at CCW.com. The thread got deleted...lol

I'm still trying to figure out why CCW.com is a forum site. There's no room to obtain any real information. The site should be just links to the CCW information. Everything else appears to be a bunch of CCW permit holders sitting around a camp fire smugly enjoying themselves. Why didn't somebody forewarn me?

wait... you didn't know about the internet?

yellowfin
07-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Our former Sheriff is under Federal Indictment for Schmoozing and making money off it. Yet others *coughBACASMITHcough* who do the same thing are happy and comfortable in their cushy seats of power. Where are the feds on that one?

jakemccoy
07-01-2008, 1:09 PM

jakemccoy
07-01-2008, 1:10 PM
The poll result of "I don't have a CCW permit" speaks louder than any comment in this thread.

paul0660
07-01-2008, 3:41 PM
My sheriff shmoozed me. He told me a year ago at a meeting that he wanted more ccw holders, I started the process, got mine 12/24/07.

M. Sage
07-01-2008, 5:58 PM

Yeah, it says that it's practically impossible to obtain a CCW for most of CA's population.

dustoff31
07-01-2008, 6:06 PM
No. My Chief has nothing to say about CCWs, or the Sheriff either. They go straight to the State Dept. of Public Safety.

But I do see the Chief quite regulary as he's a member of the local gun club and the PD range is on the club property.

Sorry, couldn't stop myself.

Knauga
07-01-2008, 6:09 PM
Schmoozing has zero effect on CCW issuance in San Bernardino County. Don't be a nutbar, have a clean background, apply and wait until it shows up. :D

gotgunz
07-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Nope. I got mine just by asking for it.

Same here! :D

macguyver77
07-01-2008, 10:26 PM
...knowledge on how to get a CCW permit in my unconstitutional "no issue" county

I don't have a whole lot of time to beat around the bush.

I'd move if I wanted it that bad.

Jerry1949
07-02-2008, 6:18 AM
I find fault in your poll by your definition of SHMOOZING. The word does not have anything to do with contributing (money of valuables), to a cronie of the C.O.P. or sheriff.

Did I shmooze the chief in our town? Yes. We belong to the same fraternal organization. We ALL shmooze each other on lodge night. Did he issue me a CCW? Yes. Because of that? Maybe. But I also had GC.

Guntech
07-02-2008, 8:59 PM
wait... you didn't know about the internet?

Yeah kinda like a bunch of kids who start a club and tell everyone else they cant join

emc002
07-03-2008, 7:17 AM
Yeah, it says that it's practically impossible to obtain a CCW for most of CA's population.

Not true. There are still some borderline "shall issue" counties.
But we don't want all you city folk moving in! :p

1987 - 2006 Statistics (http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/ccwissuances2006.pdf?PHPSESSID=c14f41621eeb6ec762f 9a7281364e9be)

Also, I disagree with the premise of the poll too. I live in a very small county so I see our Sheriff and his wife socially at least once every other week whether at a fundraiser, public meeting, lunch, dinner, etc.
I helped advise him during his campaign for sheriff (before he was sheriff), but didnt' contribute money.
I help with fundraisers that the Sheriff's office put on occasionally.
Is that schmoozing? Depends on your definition, but I think applying schmoozing standards of a big city where there is no sense of community and nobody knows each other to a small county is flawed.

PDR79
07-03-2008, 8:17 AM
I think its irresponsible to create a poll that could leave the impression that ccws could be had by dishonest means. The last thing we need is for more investigations questioning the validity of CA ccw holders.

Guntech
07-03-2008, 1:51 PM
The stupid thing about this is that the odds of someone wanting to commit a crime with a gun applying for a CCW permit is zero. If some thug wants to carry a gun and commit crimes he will. We law abiding citizens therefore should be issues CCW permits to protect ourselves from those thugs.

Danield
07-03-2008, 3:56 PM
Schmoozing has zero effect on CCW issuance in San Bernardino County. Don't be a nutbar, have a clean background, apply and wait until it shows up. :D

What do you mean "clean background"? Say, if someone was on probation for "disturbing the peace" would that disqualify?

NotSoFast
07-03-2008, 10:09 PM
It wouldn't do any good here. The sheriff is elected and follows the party line. If you're not one of them, you lose no matter what. 0.3% issue rate in Alameda county.

gotgunz
07-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Not true. There are still some borderline "shall issue" counties.
But we don't want all you city folk moving in! :p

True!!!!!!! :D