PDA

View Full Version : Any indoor ranges in Bay Area allow to shoot CZ-52 plus Surplus ammo?

TopGun2000
06-30-2008, 2:08 PM
I was turned down by Reed's because the Romie's surplus attracts magnet...

I know I can always go to outdoor ranges. But I like the fact that I can go to indoor places even late at night. :D

PorkLover
06-30-2008, 2:23 PM
Late at night....call TargetMasters.....gotta love shootin til midnight!....

Moonclip
06-30-2008, 4:39 PM
I was turned down by Reed's because the Romie's surplus attracts magnet...

I know I can always go to outdoor ranges. But I like the fact that I can go to indoor places even late at night. :D

I have the opposite situation in SoCal. Most indoor ranges I go to don't care about steel jacketed rounds but all the outdoor ones usually do.

maxicon
07-01-2008, 1:33 PM
I'm surprised Reed's cares about it. They used to not like it because it put dings in their backdrop, but they've got that chunky black rubber stuff now. Maybe they're worried about their hangers getting chewed up.

Back when I shot my CZ52 regularly, I used to shoot surplus ammo there, but they often didn't ask about what I had because I was there all the time. I'd see it strike sparks now and again.

saxman
07-01-2008, 2:58 PM
I've never had jackson arms even ask to look at my pistol ammo

code33
07-01-2008, 5:56 PM
Ditto for JA. They don't check ammo. You can fire non-brass cased ammo there, too.

TopGun2000
07-01-2008, 5:57 PM
JA might be my only bet even though they have fewer lanes , shorter available time at night, and further from my place. I believe they even have rifle lanes there. :D

I've never had jackson arms even ask to look at my pistol ammo

M. Sage
07-01-2008, 5:59 PM
Bullseye allows it. The sparks off the backstop freaked me out, though, so I stopped. :eek:

No joke. Big sparks!

saxman
07-01-2008, 6:42 PM
Ditto for JA. They don't check ammo. You can fire non-brass cased ammo there, too.

They do check rifle ammo, just fyi

bonjing
07-02-2008, 10:12 AM
bi-metal jackets are cool at jackson, but if the ammo is true steel core then it will be a no go. the ammo will be tested with a magnet also, but we will confirm by cutting a round open to take a look at the inside of the bullet. so just be prepared to lose a round for testing.

Full Clip
07-02-2008, 11:26 AM
No joke. Big sparks!

Which is why outdoor ranges often don't allow it...

jeffyboy
07-02-2008, 7:42 PM
bi-metal jackets are cool at jackson, but if the ammo is true steel core then it will be a no go. the ammo will be tested with a magnet also, but we will confirm by cutting a round open to take a look at the inside of the bullet. so just be prepared to lose a round for testing.

Does Wolf 7.62X39 Ammunition 122-Grain FMJ pass the test or would I need to bring one in to have it cut open?

tonelar
07-02-2008, 8:24 PM
jackson arms has the latest ultra swoopy bullet trap-

true steel core rounds aren't allowed

bonjing
07-03-2008, 7:07 AM
Does Wolf 7.62X39 Ammunition 122-Grain FMJ pass the test or would I need to bring one in to have it cut open?

i'm pretty sure that wolf is good to go. we do know how expensive ammo is and we hate doing this but sometimes it has to be done.

jeffyboy
07-03-2008, 9:48 AM
i'm pretty sure that wolf is good to go. we do know how expensive ammo is and we hate doing this but sometimes it has to be done.

Thanks, I'll bring a round in for you guys to check. Would hate to bring them down and not be able to use them.

bonjing
07-03-2008, 9:54 AM
so far as i can recall, I have never run into wolf steel core, maybe someone has, no need to bring a round in just to see if it's ok, waste of gas ;). bring your toys bring different rounds with you, you should be able to shoot something. and bring in ammo for everyone else while your at it :D.