View Full Version : visiting Sanfrancisco, isn't legal for me to sell handgun?

06-29-2008, 3:47 PM
I am here for a few weeks & I own a LCP that I am thinking about selling (I am a NV resident).
If I were to sell all I would need to do is transport it to a gun shop (unloaded and in a locked case of course) with the potential buyer and do a transfer there, Right?
Then he would have to wait ten days?

06-29-2008, 4:24 PM
Nope. The LCP is not on the Roster, so it can't be sold to anybody but an FFL or an LEO. The PPT exemption does not apply since you don't have CA ID.

06-30-2008, 8:42 AM
It would be legal if you had the intent to move here, have the pistol beofre you move to Ca, and you file paperwork on the pistol with the CA DOJ before you sell it to the new owner.

If you decide to move here please make a lot of personal purchases before you do. I am looking for a Ruger LCP as well.

06-30-2008, 9:47 AM
Im moving to the Bay Area soon. Howeer Im going ot keep my Nevada address as it's where my sister is still living. Is there anythning against livimng in two states? I was told to gtet a CA ID card (if retainign my Neva DL).

06-30-2008, 9:49 AM
You can establish dual residency and then its totally ok, but be careful about buying/selling to many pistols, CA doesn't allow for non dealers to sell more than six per year (IIRC)

06-30-2008, 5:51 PM
Next question, how do I register my pistols?
last ime I lived here the DMV had forms for that, now they were horrified that I asked.

06-30-2008, 5:54 PM
OK, if you are moving back and becoming a CA resident again, then you need this form, http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/ab991frm.pdf . Note that it requires CA or Military ID, it is not for people who are just visiting, just for new residents.