PDA

View Full Version : Question about a Sig

PonchoTA
06-27-2008, 7:43 PM
Hi guys,

I have a possibility to get a Sig SP2022 from my buddy, like this:
http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=33&productid=121

Has anybody here shot this, or have any opinion on this? I have shot it once, and although I recall it was pretty nice, it was many months ago, and I just don't remember 'how' it shot.

It will be used, but knowing the guy that owns it, it's kept in immaculate condition.

Would this be a good one to get, since I didn't get the chance to get into any of the P6 group buys?

Thanks,
Paul
:cheers2:

thefurball
06-27-2008, 8:06 PM
My experiance with Sigs is that they are all a thing of beauty. Like the pink bunny on the commercials, they just keep going and going and going.

I have a P226 that I bought in 1988. I have put thousands of rounds through it and it still shoots great.

aca72
06-27-2008, 8:10 PM
It's the greatest polymer SIG of all time! Enjoy it!

outersquare
06-27-2008, 8:17 PM
i have a 2009, the predecessor, i love it, it is very reliable and accurate even for a relatively new shooter like me.
It has never jammed on me and i have about 1K rounds through mine.
my only gripe is taking it apart is a touch tricky but you get used to it.

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v233/7/61/15106786/n15106786_31462699_5093.jpg

PonchoTA
06-27-2008, 8:29 PM
How about the DA/SA thing? Is it hard to get used to? I have a P11 now that is DAO, and at about an 8# pull, it's manageable.

That's one of the reasons why my buddy wants to get rid of it (cheap!) because he doesn't like the DA part for the first shot.

But, I'm hearing that it's reliable, eh? That's good!

Saigon1965
06-27-2008, 8:30 PM
I can't even keep up with all the new models they make.

outersquare
06-27-2008, 8:33 PM
i'm ok with it, but mainly at the range when loading, you have to pull back the slide anyways, which the hammer is cocked, so i don't really notice.

if it was a carry gun, i'm not sure how i would feel.

Ballistic043
06-27-2008, 8:38 PM
that 2009 is very nice. it looks similar to the 2022 i used to have.. damn thing worked great! gun took apart nicely, cleaned easily, very nice crisp setup on the trigger

lunde
06-28-2008, 5:29 AM
If the price is right, buy it. A week ago I bought from Top Gun Supply one of the recent 100% German-made SP 2022s, and started its DROS on Tuesday. It is a polymer pistol that doesn't feel like a polymer pistol. It is an excellent pistol on all counts.

caduckgunner
06-28-2008, 7:28 AM
Sig Pros have the best factory trigger I have ever felt on a pistol. I have P2340 in .357 w/ a .40 barrel. Great gun.

gotsig
06-28-2008, 7:51 AM
I'd buy another one.What caliber? I have a 40 and can buy the 357 barrel for $170.00.Also mags are $10,00 @CDNN.

DeeL2003
06-28-2008, 8:11 AM
If the price is right, buy it. A week ago I bought from Top Gun Supply one of the recent 100% German-made SP 2022s, and started its DROS on Tuesday. It is a polymer pistol that doesn't feel like a polymer pistol. It is an excellent pistol on all counts.

Did you get one with the 10rd mags or just bought the pistol alone? I emailed TGS and they said no 9mm 10rds available. TGS and another vendor over at the Sig Forums are having a great group buy-type deal on the 2022's. But it's been a little challenge to get the 9mm 10rd mags.

gotsig
06-28-2008, 8:15 AM
Did you get one with the 10rd mags or just bought the pistol alone? I emailed TGS and they said no 9mm 10rds available. TGS and another vendor over at the Sig Forums are having a great group buy-type deal on the 2022's. But it's been a little challenge to get the 9mm 10rd mags.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/sigsauer.html

M. Sage
06-28-2008, 9:57 AM
How about the DA/SA thing? Is it hard to get used to? I have a P11 now that is DAO, and at about an 8# pull, it's manageable.

That's one of the reasons why my buddy wants to get rid of it (cheap!) because he doesn't like the DA part for the first shot.

But, I'm hearing that it's reliable, eh? That's good!

Not really. If you're only going to shoot off a bench, you wind up never using the DA pull unless you want to.

The DA pull on the Sigs I've fired has been pretty smooth and even, should be around 8#, IIRC. Definitely manageable.

DeeL2003
06-28-2008, 10:28 AM
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/sigsauer.html

Yeah saw that, but it's not a 9mm mag. The TGS 2022 9mm goes for $459.99. But only the 15rd mags are available. :( Oh well.

gotsig
06-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Yeah saw that, but it's not a 9mm mag. The TGS 2022 9mm goes for $459.99. But only the 15rd mags are available. :( Oh well.
Sorry,it was way too early for me and I missed the 9mm in Your post.I did a quik google search and found them @ gunbroker.com-used for $10,new for $20-proxarms for $20-midway for $35 for the sp2009 (I think they are interchangeable).Also found more for $40+.

outersquare
06-28-2008, 10:59 AM

you are the one that keeps the sig pro faq right?
thanks, i have used it alot since buying the gun.

ajl2121
06-28-2008, 12:41 PM
FYI they go brand new on sale for $399, so make sure you get it cheaper than that. $399 is the sp2009, which is the SP2020 but in 9mm.

lunde
06-28-2008, 7:00 PM
outersquare, you wrote:you are the one that keeps the sig pro faq right?Yep. That be me. :D
thanks, i have used it alot since buying the gun.:cheers2:

CWM4A1
06-28-2008, 8:48 PM
Buy it. SP2022 is basically the old SP2009 and SP2340 with new light rail that can take Insight lights. IMO, they have the best DA trigger, even better then classic SIG P2XX series, and price are generally pretty good. It would be one of the most under-rated handgun. The only thing I don't like about it, is the grip is a little wide for my small hand.

TannerBoyl
06-30-2008, 9:24 AM
I've owned a SIG Pro SP2022 in 9mm for going on two years. It is a seriously underrated pistol!

The trigger on my SIG Pro was better out of the box than almost all of my other SIGs (the only exception was my P220R Carry). The DA trigger pull is smoother than my SIG Classic series. The trigger pull seems lighter also. I don't have a gauge, so I don't know exact numbers. The reset and SA trigger are similar to the SIG Classic series.

The ergonomics of the SIG Pro are excellent. It seems like it was made for my hand. I use the medium grip (the one installed). It feels just fine with my fairly large hands. The SIG Pro that I purchased came with a large grip and a smaller grip also. I have yet to try either because I've been so happy with the medium grip. I've read that some people had problems dropping mags unintentionally. The mag release is pretty sensitive, so be aware when you're shooting. I have yet to have that problem, but it is a concern.

The fit and finish of the SIG Pro is excellent. The nitron finish is pretty durable, then again I don't abuse my firearms. The slide to frame fit is tight, but not to a fault. It just feels solid and doesn't rattle around.

The breakdown is more difficult than a regular SIG Classic series pistol. If you've dissassembled an HK USP, 1911 or S&W Auto, you should have no problem with the SIG Pro. They break down in very similar fashion. It just takes a little getting used to for those of us who have been spoiled by the SIG takedown lever or Beretta 92FS takedown. :p

When I first started shooting my SIG Pro, I had a problem with the slide not locking back after the last round. Then I realized that thumb was riding the slide lock. After a small adjustment of my grip, the slide began to lock back. With in excess of 1500 rounds though my SIG Pro, I have not had any pistol (or ammo) related failures.

I would like to mention that I find myself bringing the SIG Pro to the range more often than any of my other pistols. It is just a solid shooter! This weekend, I took some people to Oaktree to do a little shooting. I found myself shooting the SIG Pro more than any of my other pistols. It is just a joy to shoot!

Don't let the pricetag fool you. This has every bit of excellence that SIG puts into their pistols. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one!

Good luck with your decision!

pTa
06-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Im a converted Glock owner. The Sig Pro is what did it for me.

DeeL2003
06-30-2008, 11:33 AM
I've heard nothing but good things about this Sig. What's the going price here in Cali? Who still sells them new?

Over at the Sig forum TGS sells them for $459.99, but with 15rd mags and SCP sells them for $479 shipped. With SCP, he'll sell the hi cap mags for you and mail the check when sold. He unfortunately can't source 10rd mags to swap, so he offers to sell the hi cap mags for you. Are their prices pretty competitive?

Overkill
06-30-2008, 1:48 PM
Both TGS and SCP are well respected in the Sig world. Either will treat you right, and their prices are generally very good.