PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 SF???

C_1
06-26-2008, 7:01 PM
Is it true? Does Glock really have plans for a short frame 19 due sometime in 2009?

I would really be interested in this because it will probably fit my hand better.

Quiet
06-26-2008, 9:02 PM
No.

Just internet rumors.

You have a greater chance of seeing the Glock Model 17MB and Model 19MB, which are currently available in the EU, imported into the USA, then you do of seeing a Glock Model 19SF.

savs2k
06-27-2008, 12:15 PM
whats the 19mb? I haven't heard of this yet

Linh
06-27-2008, 12:22 PM
whats the 19mb? I haven't heard of this yet

Search is your friend.

I haven't heard of it either until I searched.

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/trigger_lock.html

Quiet
06-27-2008, 5:04 PM
MB is the designation that Glock is giving for ambi-mag release.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/Quiet.12050/SEz-647gQYI/AAAAAAAAA9k/PKlloyRGtVQ/g19ambi2.jpg?imgmax=720
(top) Glock Model 19MB
(bottom) Glock Model 19

The Glock Model 17MB came out around Q4 2007 and the Model 19MB came out around Q1 2008. They are both currently available in the EU. There is no word on if Glock will import them to the USA.

C_1
06-28-2008, 1:02 PM
Okay. I was just making sure, because I plan on getting a G19, but would rather wait for a SF version, if they had one coming out. Didnt know there was ambi-mag release version of the Glocks. Thanks for the info..

savs2k
06-28-2008, 1:12 PM
yeah i did a search and only came up with that picture on the gun zone. Its too dark in your pic quiet but does that really have a trigger lock? I see it's the newer design for sure because of the mag but I cant tell a differnce from the picture.

FlyingPen
06-28-2008, 1:22 PM
I can't imagine Glock is going to stand still while HK is coming out with awesome guns like the P30 and HK45 and Sig is making a P226 Combat.

C_1
06-28-2008, 1:52 PM
Glock should make some models with a slimmer/smaller grip, and a more concealable subcompact..

BaronW
06-28-2008, 2:01 PM
They should make a single-stack 9mm subcompact. It wouldn't have enough points to be imported, but they should be able to make them here...

C_1
06-28-2008, 2:19 PM
Yes, single stack Glocks. California only allows 10 round max capacity magazines anyways. And that would slim things down a lil bit.. The grip at least..

Quiet
06-28-2008, 5:12 PM
yeah i did a search and only came up with that picture on the gun zone. Its too dark in your pic quiet but does that really have a trigger lock? I see it's the newer design for sure because of the mag but I cant tell a differnce from the picture.

There is no manual safety/trigger lock on any of the MB Glocks.

Glock discontinued the manual safety/trigger lock when the Joint Combat Pistol Program got shelved.

Glock was developing the manual safety/trigger lock for the Glock Model 21SF, so they could meet the requirements for the Joint Combat Pistol Program.

savs2k
06-28-2008, 5:42 PM
ahhh thanks quiet i think i get it now. On another note I too sure wish that glock would come out with something new. I thought my glock was the greatest thing since sliced bread until I bought a 1911. I still love my glock but wish they would come out with something new.

dichter
06-28-2008, 8:04 PM
I like the new MB safety design - seems pretty intuitive. I suppose the new magazine should be "backward compatible" as well.

saki302
06-28-2008, 8:11 PM
I've got a 21SF- I didn't like the ambi safety too much- it rubbed on my middle finger. I shaved downt he corners a bit, and it works fine now. mag changes are quick using your trigger finger :)

I'd like to see an up-scaled Glock 36, either G17 or G19 sized with a full grip. 7-8 rounds of .45 in a 9mm sized gun, what's not to like? :)

-Dave

GlockOn
06-28-2008, 8:13 PM
I think Glock is like In-N-Out. They do a few things really well, and they stay consistent. I fear that if they went very far from what they do well on a new design that it might mess up what I consider a good thing. I went to Glock Armorers training a few months back, the instructor said that someone in every class brings up single stack Glocks. He said that he has suggested it to the people in charge of development on a regular basis and they don't seem too interested. I think that single stack works in CA since we can only have ten rounds, but I doubt they would be big sellers in free states. I'd rather have extra capacity than a slimmer gun.

LAK Supply
06-28-2008, 10:25 PM
I think Glock is like In-N-Out. They do a few things really well, and they stay consistent. I fear that if they went very far from what they do well on a new design that it might mess up what I consider a good thing. I went to Glock Armorers training a few months back, the instructor said that someone in every class brings up single stack Glocks. He said that he has suggested it to the people in charge of development on a regular basis and they don't seem too interested. I think that single stack works in CA since we can only have ten rounds, but I doubt they would be big sellers in free states. I'd rather have extra capacity than a slimmer gun.

I wouldn't want a single-stack Glock in 9mm.... the slides are already bulky enough that they don't make good pocket guns anyway. People don't carry Glocks because they're the smallest; Glock would have to go MUCH smaller to fit into that category. The entire design would have to change.