PDA

View Full Version : My first handgun, Hell(er) yeah!

Rover
06-26-2008, 7:12 PM
Picked up my new XD9 today at Williams Shooers Service (great shop by the way) and had to post some pics. Yeah I know the XD is a production plastic gun so mine looks like all the other ones, and there's allready an XD picture thread, however since this is my first handgun and it's dark earth color (don't see too many in DE) I figured it deserved a thread.

Allready put 150rds through it, would have been closer to 600rds but the range just decided to start enforcing a no lead bullets policy that they clain they've had for years, so I bout 3 boxes of their overpriced ammo and poked holes in some paper. It's definitely more accurate than I am, so that's good, just needs night-sites and I think a small piece of grip-tape on the thumb rest would be a nice addition to keep my thumb stuck in place better. Oh and the XD Gear holster it came with is really nice, too bad I don't have a belt that fits through it aside from my dress belts, so I need to go to Target and pick a new one up before I can open carry.

Trendkill
07-19-2008, 2:41 PM
Congratulations on your first handgun......I doubt it will be last though.

Mine seem to get lonely every two months or so.......have fun!! Stay safe!!

VegasND
07-19-2008, 6:26 PM
Welcome to the world of handgun ownership. You'll soon find there's always one (or two) more you just have to own...

Rover
07-19-2008, 8:15 PM
Yeah, pretty much. Every time I find a new hobby my money just disappears faster and faster. I only started shooting about 6 months ago, and I thought I really only wanted some rifles, then figured 1 handgun would be a good idea for personal protection out in the middle of nowhere while offroading, camping, hiking ect, now I think I want a 357 mag. revolver and an XD45 too. Fired about 1200 rounds through it already between me, my buddies, and anybody at the range who asks, tried all sorts of ammo in it and it all feeds very well, kept all the brass, and I think my next investment is going to be a Lee Classic reloading kit, seems slow but it's not like I have anything better to do while watching TV.

Trendkill
07-19-2008, 10:15 PM
For a revolver.....go smith or ruger.

Probably one of the best 357 revolvers ever in existance would be the Smith and Wesson model 686.....IMO...the Ruger GP100 is excellent too.

From what I have seen.....and heard.....

Ruger = Tank

S&W = Smooth Action