PDA

View Full Version : GSG5 for sale cheap. $369.

speedracer1610
06-25-2008, 1:52 PM
http://www.onpointsupply.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=69006&category_id=2886

GSG-5 GERMAN MP5 22LR
Description
GSG-5 Problems - Don't Buy the GSG-5 Before You Read This!

The GSG-5 MP5 clone has been plagued with supply issues stemming from the ineptitude of its US distributor, Amchar Wholesale, and its importer, American Tactical Imports. Both firms are run by Tony Dichario out of Rochester, NY.

Amchar and ATI fail to deliver shipments of the GSG-5 rifle to distributors and dealers in a timely manner. They renege on agreements with dealers, engage in price gouging and other unethical behavior and are not trustworthy to do business with. AND that's how they treat their dealers! Imagine how they treat you, the customer, the end user of the GSG-5 rifle:

On the client side, they are incapable of handling the growing list of customer service issues that have resulted from the cheap design, lack of quality control, and poor fit and finish of these rifles. Known problems with the GSG-5 include:

- cracked bolts
- cracked receivers
- firing pin issues
- stripped screws
- broken cheap plastic parts
- cracked buttstocks
- poor fit and finish
- failure to feed, fire, and eject issues
- firing out of battery
- loose parts
- missing parts
- poor quality control
- poor customer service
- and MORE!

GSG-5 Cracked Bolt

GSG-5 Stripped Bolt Holes

GSG-5 Cheap Plastic Receiver Parts

The hysteria surrounding the launch of the GSG-5 has calmed. The fervor for this cheap little MP5 clone has stopped. Now, we are left to deal with the aftermath of a shoddy product that was too expensive, difficult to acquire, and impossible to get service for. Unfortunately, the GSG-5 rifle is another "flash in the pan", "flavor of the month" product whose 15 minutes of fame are up. You've been warned, my friends. Buy the GSG-5 at your own risk.

Details

SKU: GSG-5
Quantity: 24 item(s) available
Weight: 25.00 lbs
Price: $ 369.95
Quantity

Add to Cart Add to Wish List

Stanze
06-25-2008, 2:01 PM
My Ruger 10/22 eats over 1K rounds at every session. Not as tacti-cool, but it keeps going and going...

Toolbox X
06-25-2008, 2:32 PM
I just bought one from those guys. I'm not scared. Hopefully the deal goes through. It came to $405 shipped.

SOCOM75
06-25-2008, 2:37 PM
Wow. A couple of these just sold within minutes. This one is still here for some reason... :D

devjunk762
06-25-2008, 2:38 PM
Just buy all of 'em and sell 'em for $650 a toss... Like what's been going on this board for a couple of months. :D

Saigon1965
06-25-2008, 2:38 PM
Why is this in the for sale section?

Toolbox X
06-25-2008, 2:43 PM
Check out this thread on ARFCOM about this exact thing.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=41&t=247168

munkeeboi
06-25-2008, 2:54 PM
what happened to the shortage and not being able to get them...What are the chances this will ship out???

grammaton76
06-25-2008, 2:54 PM
Heh. I kept telling folks to go with the WASR-22 over the GSG-5. It looks like it wasn't bad advice. :)

KTGunner
06-25-2008, 6:46 PM
Heh. I kept telling folks to go with the WASR-22 over the GSG-5. It looks like it wasn't bad advice. :)

If any ONE of the above things is true about the GSG-5, then the WASR 22 is the way to go. I've had mine for a few months now and as long as your ammo is decent, it wont give you any problems. But I think WASR 22s are much harder to run into nowadays.

Mac Attack
06-25-2008, 9:19 PM
I read about this issue on THR and Arfcom. Seems to me to be quite a mess if it is true. But to me it sounds like a disgruntled customer who is trying to take away from a great product.

I own a GSG-5 and have had it since January. I have put well over 10k+ rounds through it ranging from HV to subsonics. My rifle has swallowed and spit out out everything I have put into it. In the 10k+ rounds fired, I have had 3 malfunctions, which I attribute to holding the mag and improper cleaning. People that's a 0.0003% malfunction rate and in my book is utter reliability. I also own a Ruger 10/22 T and have had far more malfunctions in fewer rounds.

Several Calgun members had a chance to fine my GSG-5 at a local shoot a few weeks back. After devouring ~500+ rounds, they reported not a single malfunction. This darn rifle keeps going and going and going. Don't knock it until you have tried it.

slowfire
06-25-2008, 9:48 PM
Thanks for sharing this information. You quite possibly saved me some money.

speedracer1610
06-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Thanks for sharing this information. You quite possibly saved me some money.

A good deal if you don't care about the problems or good info to save you from a pain in the AZ.

zemperfi1971
06-26-2008, 12:14 AM
I just went out to the range with my gsg-5 300 rounds no malfunctions federal ammo. Fun to shoot and seemed very sturdy and robust. Very fine plinker. Don't say a word until you've tried it. Of course I like my Calico more....lol...

wikidklown
06-26-2008, 8:04 AM
Just ordered one from AIM, they have it in stock.

69Mach1
06-26-2008, 8:32 AM
I've not had any problems with mine yet. The tactic that ATI is pulling is unreasonable. As for the GSG-5 itself, only time will tell. As an owner, I just hope that if anything happens, they will stand by their product.

1919_4_ME
06-26-2008, 8:34 AM
I'm glad I got an all steel WASR.22 instead.It runs pretty good and has been super reliable so far plus the fact you can put all the REAL ak stuff on it.:)

WokMaster1
06-26-2008, 8:52 AM
http://www.onpointsupply.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=69006&category_id=2886

GSG-5 GERMAN MP5 22LR
Description
GSG-5 Problems - Don't Buy the GSG-5 Before You Read This!

The GSG-5 MP5 clone has been plagued with supply issues stemming from the ineptitude of its US distributor, Amchar Wholesale, and its importer, American Tactical Imports. Both firms are run by Tony Dichario out of Rochester, NY.

Amchar and ATI fail to deliver shipments of the GSG-5 rifle to distributors and dealers in a timely manner. They renege on agreements with dealers, engage in price gouging and other unethical behavior and are not trustworthy to do business with. AND that's how they treat their dealers! Imagine how they treat you, the customer, the end user of the GSG-5 rifle:

On the client side, they are incapable of handling the growing list of customer service issues that have resulted from the cheap design, lack of quality control, and poor fit and finish of these rifles. Known problems with the GSG-5 include:

- cracked bolts
- cracked receivers
- firing pin issues
- stripped screws
- broken cheap plastic parts
- cracked buttstocks
- poor fit and finish
- failure to feed, fire, and eject issues
- firing out of battery
- loose parts
- missing parts
- poor quality control
- poor customer service
- and MORE!

GSG-5 Cracked Bolt

GSG-5 Stripped Bolt Holes

GSG-5 Cheap Plastic Receiver Parts

The hysteria surrounding the launch of the GSG-5 has calmed. The fervor for this cheap little MP5 clone has stopped. Now, we are left to deal with the aftermath of a shoddy product that was too expensive, difficult to acquire, and impossible to get service for. Unfortunately, the GSG-5 rifle is another "flash in the pan", "flavor of the month" product whose 15 minutes of fame are up. You've been warned, my friends. Buy the GSG-5 at your own risk.

Details

SKU: GSG-5
Quantity: 24 item(s) available
Weight: 25.00 lbs
Price: $ 369.95
Quantity

Add to Cart Add to Wish List

link is not working. Sounds like a fake. Weight is 25 lbs?

Toolbox X
06-26-2008, 9:27 AM
On Point Supply has removed everything GSG-5 related from their website. The guy from ATI really threw the smack down on the OPS guy, and made him like like a total A-hole and idiot.

Hopefully I get the GSG-5 I ordered from OPS yesterday :rolleyes:

69Mach1
06-26-2008, 9:43 AM
On Point Supply has removed everything GSG-5 related from their website. The guy from ATI really threw the smack down on the OPS guy, and made him like like a total A-hole and idiot.

Hopefully I get the GSG-5 I ordered from OPS yesterday :rolleyes:

Do you have a link to the "other side of the story" from ATI?
Thanks.

munkeeboi
06-26-2008, 10:07 AM
just got an email from evan on my order for $369 and he reiterates that they cannot fulfill this order and that all orders will be credited or canceled this week.

Mac Attack
06-26-2008, 10:16 AM
I suspect this was just a vicious rumor. Read this post from Arfcom. Looks like the requirement to have to purchase another firearm in order to receiver a GSG has been resolved or never really existed.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=41&t=247168

Toolbox X
06-26-2008, 1:48 PM
From ATI

To our valued consumers and distributors,

As some of you may already know, a recent negative review of the GSG-5 carbine and our company American Tactical Imports surfaced online. Although we are not at liberty to publish the name or web address of the person responsible for this review, we would like to take this opportunity to rebut the untrue and defamatory accusations about our company and our product and address any concerns you may have concerning these issues.

We here at American Tactical Imports understand that with the high demand for the GSG-5 carbine, product availability has been stretched. We assure you that this has nothing to do with any lack of expertise on our part in the importing or distribution of our product. Our dedicated staff works long hours to ensure that the firearms are distributed immediately upon receiving shipments from Germany, often turning them around and sending them out to distributors the same day we receive them. As for the number of firearms shipped to the country, many of you are already aware that we have recently begun receiving 40 foot containers of product, doubling the amount of firearms we are importing in an attempt to keep up with consumer demand for these fun and excellent weapons.

We also understand that there have been many issues raised by our customers surrounding the customer service and repair department for the GSG-5. We do have an on staff and full time gunsmith who was trained in Germany at German Sport Guns to service the GSG-5 who has been fielding all calls and issues that come in to ATI. We are also aware that many of you have been in direct contact with German Sport Guns for your repair issues, and have read that the service was exemplary and satisfied all of your questions concerning repair of your firearm. Both American Tactical Imports and German Sport Guns have listened to consumer feedback and are using that to help improve our products – a good example of this is the issue surrounding the rear sights and the buttstocks for the GSG-5, both issues that were brought to light by the consumers and have now been addressed in the design of the latest GSG-5 models.

There have also been false accusations placed that American Tactical Imports is requiring “dealers” to purchase additional firearms in order to receive their GSG-5 and GSG-5P firearms. This is wildly false. American Tactical Imports, as many of you already know, does not sell to dealers or individuals at all. The GSG-5 is purchased by distributors who in turn sell them down to the dealer level. Any sales terms about additional firearm purchases with the GSG-5 are up to the distributors, not to American Tactical Imports. It is unacceptable to hold us (American Tactical Imports) accountable for distributor sales terms as that is completely out of our hands.

The bottom line is this – both American Tactical Imports and the GSG-5 are still relatively newcomers in the firearms market. We are extremely pleased with how well received our product has been and appreciate the overwhelming support and enthusiasm that has been shown for it. With your continued support we will keep growing and improving both our company and our product line.

Brenton Chapman
American Tactical Imports

munkeeboi
06-26-2008, 5:00 PM
as I read it above...ATI is clear of blame in that aspect that it only sells to distributors...BUT.. the distributor that is imposing the 1:1 ratio and who is receiving the largest portion of the shipment is Amchar, which from what I've read is also a subsidiary of ATI (or at least is owned by the same guy)

cseabass
06-28-2008, 8:37 AM
amchar, though is a little slow has been good to us... they have things that no other vendor has right now... so, they are cool in my book.

peekay331
06-28-2008, 9:00 AM
My order got cancelled yesterday. What a bunch of douchebags- talk crap about a company unable to fullfill orders, only to do the same themselves! The irony!

1919_4_ME
06-28-2008, 9:03 AM
It was simply an internet ploy to derail the GSG importer.There are many GSG-5 owners who havent had any problems with theres.The ones that show the cracks/stripped bolts were never imported into the country and they were the first gen rifles sold in Germany.They have been uprgaded and fixed before we got the new ones.

Shane916
06-28-2008, 3:05 PM
It was simply an internet ploy to derail the GSG importer.There are many GSG-5 owners who havent had any problems with theres.The ones that show the cracks/stripped bolts were never imported into the country and they were the first gen rifles sold in Germany.They have been uprgaded and fixed before we got the new ones.

Interesting. Do you happen to have the source of the info?

Toolbox X
06-28-2008, 4:34 PM
My order got cancelled as well. I'm pissed.

Shane916
06-28-2008, 4:59 PM
My order got cancelled as well. I'm pissed.

Ahh lame! Did everyones or all the CA residents?

1919_4_ME
06-29-2008, 8:52 AM
Interesting. Do you happen to have the source of the info?

Michael for German Sport Guns responds in this thread.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=41&t=247168&page=1

socalgunrunner
06-29-2008, 9:35 AM
People that's a 0.0003% malfunction rate and in my book is utter reliability.

Actually, that would be a .03% malfunction rate:

3 divided by 10,000 = .0003 X 100 = .03%

Mac Attack
06-29-2008, 9:37 AM
My bust. I do funky math.

Shane916
06-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Michael for German Sport Guns responds in this thread.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=41&t=247168&page=1

Awesome thanks!

1919A4
07-01-2008, 9:47 PM
We are going on 4500 rounds. Not one issue yet. Thing runs great and is pretty darn accurate. No complaints from us.

will2k
07-08-2008, 1:37 AM
is this gsg5 for sale?

Shane916
07-08-2008, 10:24 AM
is this gsg5 for sale?

Which GSG?