PDA

View Full Version : BEst place to shop and buy in Orange County?

ocbruin
06-23-2008, 9:34 AM
Pretty simple, wha'ts you're recommendation for the best gun shop in Orange County, taking into account price, selection, and service?

warpath
06-23-2008, 9:47 AM
J&J armory,good people they real go out their way to help out there customers

CHS
06-23-2008, 9:48 AM
Pretty simple, wha'ts you're recommendation for the best gun shop in Orange County, taking into account price, selection, and service?

For new, factory, cali-legal guns I buy at Turners.
Bolsa gunsmithing has GREAT prices on Remington's, and wonderful service.
For OLL needs J&J.
For AR uppers, accessories, etc, either J&J or Riflegear.

geeknow
06-23-2008, 9:49 AM
+1 for J&J (they are in Santa Ana). Good people over there. You can try Ade's in Orange. I hear good stuff about them too.

good luck.

What Just Happened?
06-23-2008, 10:06 AM
For new, factory, cali-legal guns I buy at Turners.
Bolsa gunsmithing has GREAT prices on Remington's, and wonderful service.
For OLL needs J&J.
For AR uppers, accessories, etc, either J&J or Riflegear.

+1 on the recommendations for J&J and Riflegear.

I've heard some not good things about Bolsa Gunsmithing.

Turner's is okay. Do keep in mind they're a corporation, so the Customer Service isn't gonna be the best.

I use Fowler's / The Stockade for reloading stuff. I buy powder from there regularly, and only buy primers from them if I really need them. Bullets, I buy in bulk from either local casters or internet mail order.

H2H
06-23-2008, 10:37 AM
another +1 for J&J in Santa Ana..very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Good prices too and they support their fellow Calguners

Black Majik
06-23-2008, 10:47 AM
The Jims and RJ at J&J have been great.

Ade is a good guy too. Still my go-to place for PPTs and consignments.

Went back up to Ammo Bros this weekend. They are a great bunch of people as well, but not really in OC.

Dave at Riflegear is also a good recommendation

On Target, although they're a range are great too. They also sell firearms and misc accessories.

Aside from their views on the AWB, the guys at Grant Boys were pleasant to work with

What Just Happened?
06-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Oh yes, how could I for get Ade's? Good place.

My only complaint abut them is that their sales floor is much too small for the amount of business they get.

rob408
06-23-2008, 10:58 AM
I've had mixed experience with J&J...I personally spoke to Jimmy and bought my LMT upper with great experience.

Two weeks ago, I brought my friend who was looking to get an OLL to start his AR15 build. J&J told us OLL's were $285 plus tax and dros. This sounded ridiculous to me but maybe they didn't realize I wasn't a newb. Oh well.

Now Riflegear is another story. After we left J&J with their ridiculous pricing, we went to Riflegear and Dave walked my friend through the whole process (I wanted my friend to hear it from someone else). A plus on their great customer service. I've referred a number of my friends to Riflegear and will not hesitate to do so in the future.

Rob

BONECUTTER
06-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Two weeks ago, I brought my friend who was looking to get an OLL to start his AR15 build. J&J told us OLL's were $285 plus tax and dros.

Sounds like you came in when we were out of low priced lowers. We sell Spikes and CMMG for $135.00+tax. Stags are ussualy just a bit more.

If we were out of those you were probably looking at Wilson Combat and LWRC lowers. Both around $285.

Were not price gouging.....we pay much more for those because customers request them all the time.

Glock30
06-23-2008, 12:38 PM
The Jims and RJ at J&J have been great.

Ade is a good guy too. Still my go-to place for PPTs and consignments.

Went back up to Ammo Bros this weekend. They are a great bunch of people as well, but not really in OC.

Dave at Riflegear is also a good recommendation

On Target, although they're a range are great too. They also sell firearms and misc accessories.

Aside from their views on the AWB, the guys at Grant Boys were pleasant to work with

Well said!

The only thing that I hate about J&J is everytime I leave, I'm out $400+.

Frijolito1988
06-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Ammo bros in Cerritos

Glock30
06-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Actually after reading this thread, it's time to head to J&J see everyone there =p

BONECUTTER
06-23-2008, 1:05 PM
Actually after reading this thread, it's time to head to J&J see everyone there =p

Better leave that $400.00 at home. ;)

ProlificARProspect
06-23-2008, 3:49 PM
Once again I will not hesitate to recommend J&J, Have been to many if not most of Southern Kali Dealers, and impressed with J&J and the service they provide.

Moonclip
06-23-2008, 4:43 PM
Grant boys very hit or miss and the "assault weapon" thing...

Ades is good but very slow if that concerns you.

Rob454
06-23-2008, 4:55 PM
Grant boys very hit or miss and the "assault weapon" thing...

What assault weapons thing?

My recommendation goes to Ammo brothers. Last time I went in I purchased some 30-06 and the girl actually counted the ammo to make sure Im not getting stiffed. Ended up there were only 47 rounds in the 50 round box ( it was on their clearance rack) so they gave me the ammo for 10$ less than the initial clearance price. Every time I went there they were always curteous and helpful
Rob

CHS
06-23-2008, 6:12 PM

Grant brothers looked at me real funny and treated me poorly many years ago, and I'm positive that it was simply because I was younger and certainly looked the part at the time.

Also, unless you're a "REAL" shooter in their eyes, they don't want to have anything to do with you. And by "real" shooter, I mean someone who's ONLY into six-shooters and lever-guns.

Bagger
06-23-2008, 7:52 PM
ades gun shop

Casual Observer
06-23-2008, 7:55 PM
Grant brothers looked at me real funny and treated me poorly many years ago, and I'm positive that it was simply because I was younger and certainly looked the part at the time.

Also, unless you're a "REAL" shooter in their eyes, they don't want to have anything to do with you. And by "real" shooter, I mean someone who's ONLY into six-shooters and lever-guns.

Don't misunderstand the decisions made by Randy to be representative of all the employees there.

I used to work there and know why, but to be honest, firearms sales are not their bread and butter (except maybe during the holiday season). I've referred many a customer there. Not the cheapest place in town, but still a good shop to go to if you're looking for something other than an OLL and tactical gear.

jmlivingston
06-23-2008, 8:17 PM
Grant Bro's is great, especially for their used stuff. Last two guns I bought came from there.

Really like Elite Firearms in Laguna too, haven't been over there in a while. Friendliest place I've ever been to.

Neither of those two places get anywhere near the tactical stuff however. They're absolutely great at what they deal in, but don't ask either of them to touch stuff that's out of their baliwick.

John

Moonclip
06-26-2008, 2:35 PM

Rob

Do a search on Grant boys here. The owner used to post here also.

The owner was known to be in favor of the original CA "assault weapons" ban.

He would not comment on his position on Calguns.

I like the shop but the quality of the service from the help can be very variable and can be based on many factors such as age as mentioned.